Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Alec Baldwin accidentally shoots woman dead on set

What's Hot

Comments

• Simonh said:
    as a company director if I hire a H&S guy and he fails to do his job properly and that results in someone getting killed or injured I would still be responsible - and liable for jail time as a result of that accident. I don't see why it would be any different on a movie set.

it was his/the production companies responsibility to ensure the people they hired were up to the job AND did it correctly.
    I shall have to defer to your legal expertise and experience in Health & Safety Laws in the United States or the State in which the accident occured.  I have avoided citing UK legislation in this case as it may be largely irrelevant.

How does it work over in the new world?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    I would hope it was at least similar, in such a litigious society I would be surprised if it wasn't - full disclosure I don't actually know! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72404
    maw4neu said:
    One glaring question . . ." Why was live ammunition on a film set "  . . . The difference between a live round and a blank is obvious . . a live round has a projectile, the bullet . . . a blank doesnt,  it just consists of the case complete with primer cap & propellant or powder . .

I just cant understand why anyone tasked with ensuring that the guns used on set were  "fit" for purpose, would load a live round into the magazine.  . . The finger of blame points at just one person you would think . . . That is unless someone else popped a live round into the gun after it was sanctioned by the Armourer . . .  
    It is, but the difference between a live round and a *dummy* round is not so obvious. The point of a dummy is that it looks like a proper cartridge - this is necessary in films using revolvers, as otherwise a view of the front of the gun shows empty chambers. This was the root cause of the Brandon Lee accident, because instead of using specifically made (and thus completely inert) dummy rounds, the crew made them by taking the propellant charge out of standard live rounds and reassembling them.

So it's much less hard to understand how a live round could have been missed if the gun was supposed to be loaded with dummies not blanks. How a live round was even present on the set at all is the big question.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000 said:
    Why the fuck is he still getting airtime and column inches? 

Everyone can spot this for the total bollocks it is. It's like interviewing the local bus stop drunk and then publishing his views worldwide  

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    "I don't get into fistfights" says the bloke who punched his music teacher at school.
  • HAL9000 said:
    Sassafras said:
    Offset said:
    Sassafras said:
    The old 'prop gun switched for a real one' is almost a staple of classic crime writers.
    i suppose you could say Alec Baldwin, as an executive producer could be a target for a disgruntled employee but as Captain Mainwaring would say "I think you're getting into the realms of fantasy.
    ...closely followed by "...you stupid boy..."

I think that's what Brian Cox meant though.  Some of the details coming out sound very peculiar.
    If true, it's murder or at the very least, manslaughter.
    I suspect there’s a small number of right-wing nutjobs who would like to bring Baldwin down for his portrayal of Trump on Saturday Night Live. Whether they would come up with this kind of stunt is pretty questionable but certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15497
    The thing I've always admired about trump is his ability to rise above the pettiness of modern life, to not hold grudges then use personal tragedies to score points with people and get back at them when they're down. He is a class act.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Calling @Smellyfingers ;
    He can explain Trump's dignified motivation.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Calling @Smellyfingers ;
    He can explain Trump's dignified motivation.
    hah, I was thinking that, but didn't want to bring that shit from BCD, it was bad enough there.

s'funny coinkidink, but talking about trump and acting with dignity and integrity (and his lack thereof) this came up in my youtube feed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIjenjANqAk what a difference between the 2 men. 

• All you're doing though Vim is announcing your own tastes and preferences for men. It doesn't actually mean anything in the real world. Some people actually like who Trump is as a person, and no amount of cajoling and tsk-tsk-tsk'ing is going to change that.

Personally, I mistrust anyone in a suit and tie.

Bye!

thanks for that.

• You're welcome.

Bye!

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15965
    tae be or not tae be
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Misleading headline. His quote is
    I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them. Never
    Further down there is speculation that the gun accidentally discharged while being removed from the holster.
    No idea if that is plausible but I almost shot myself in the face with an accidental discharge from a 9mm Glock while racking a round into the chamber, so I'm not going to pretend to be an expert!
  • Where guns and people are combined, anything is possible, but I read that as "the weapon discharged while practicing the moves required for the upcoming scene, and not while someone was pissing around" rather than "the gun discharged during the act of being unholstered" however there is very little information (it's almost as though the BBC, if they wanted to offer excellent journalism instead of SEO-friendly buzzwords, should have left that bit out entirely).

A firearm discharging while holstered is absolutely possible, if the safety has been left off or malfunctioned, if the user isn't trained or is careless - I believe (by which I mean I seem to remember reading online at some point) that cops shooting themselves in the foot while holstering or unholstering their sidearm and not making it safe is a fairly common thing in the US.

It seems an odd time for Baldwin to do an interview, given that no investigations have concluded and, as far as the general public is concerned, there's nothing new going on.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15965
    If it were me and I did not pull the trigger I would have been shouting that from the rooftops from day one
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3011
    Hootsmon said:
    If it were me and I did not pull the trigger I would have been shouting that from the rooftops from day one
    I wasn't me, it wasn't me, it was him! 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Hootsmon said:
    ^ this
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.