Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Squier Classic Vibe - Proper Grown-Up Discussion

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Paul_C said:

Update: I have polished the frets with 1200 grit and some 0000 wire wool and set it up with some 10s for now (I have some 11s on the way but the 10s may well be fine for the way I play) and there's nothing in the way of fret buzz, so all is fine.

One of the tuners is slipping at one point in its rotation so I've got to send Andertons a video to hopefully get them to post me a replacement, but it works well enough for now.

All in all it's not a bad little guitar for the money, the worst thing for an inexperienced buyer being the nasty scratchiness of the frets.
    I recently picked up the 60's shell pink CV's and had the exact same issues as yourself. However since resolving them the same way as you i've found it a real gem of a guitar. I have two Gibson LP's as my main guitars and one of them is my "favourite" however I just always want to play the Jag. It just had a certain charm about it that I love.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

I had a very stressful day today after a mildly stressful week, so on my way home I popped into PMT to have a look at their Squiers and came home with a Contemporary Strat in gunmetal.

A pretty stable Floyd Rose, two very passable humbuckers with a five way switch and a baked maple neck (if you like that sort of thing) for an impossible to say no to £340.

httpswwwpmtonlinecoukmediacatalogproductcachea1b28cf8fc4652b664c189b33cb2096310100200-316487ContempStratHHFRRMNGMMFrontV2jpg

The (jumbo) frets are nicely polished on this one too :)

I would like one more, but they're not available until early next year, a pink Bass VI.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited November 2021
    I got a 62 custom tele when they first came out - paid £275 with shipping.  Save changing the bridge plate and saddles (gotoh reduced height with brass compensated saddles  -

Its totally stock and  possibly the best "bang for buck" guitar Ive ever bought.  
    The neck is superbly playable and the p/ups sound great.  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Paul_C said:

I had a very stressful day today after a mildly stressful week, so on my way home I popped into PMT to have a look at their Squiers and came home with a Contemporary Strat in gunmetal.

A pretty stable Floyd Rose, two very passable humbuckers with a five way switch and a baked maple neck (if you like that sort of thing) for an impossible to say no to £340.

httpswwwpmtonlinecoukmediacatalogproductcachea1b28cf8fc4652b664c189b33cb2096310100200-316487ContempStratHHFRRMNGMMFrontV2jpg

The (jumbo) frets are nicely polished on this one too :)

I would like one more, but they're not available until early next year, a pink Bass VI.
    I've got one of the initial Contemporary Strats - the blue HSS one with matching headstock - and it's incredible for the money. I used to have an old Squier Strat in the 90s, and I've owned/played Mexican and Japanese Fender strats, and they're all really good, but for some reason this one just clicks with me - the neck and fingerboard are stunning, the pickups are fantastic, especially the neck, and the trem/tuning are solid and stable. It's my joint favourite guitar alongside my Classic Vibe 50s Tele and my Affinity Jazzmaster with Irongear Alchemist P90s.  I've got a Player Tele but it doesn't get played as much as these guys. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I have just got  a Squier HH Contemporary Jaguar  and after owning three Classic Vibes,a CVC  tele  Biffy the wampire killer Strat  and  a 60th anniversary Strat I think the Jag is well up to  those standards and the neck,fretboard , plus rolled edges  make it  above   them .Of course many will dislike Jags but HH versions , no trem,short scale suit me well .