Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27100
    My god I made a meal out of today's... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27606
    Not cool @stickyfiddle ;
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 15
    No pun intended!! I promise! I scraped in with a 50/50 guess on my last chance!

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3012
    Naughty today. Reminded me of one from the past when I got 'atch' with letters in that order. From memory Audio, Scent gave the a,t,c and I guessed at catch to check where the c was likely and an alternate position for a,t. Seeing 'atch' light up green on the third go was nice, but then there was a choice of

Batch
    Gatch
    Hatch
    Latch
    Match
    Natch
    Patch
    Tatch
    Watch

Gatch, Natch and Tatch seemed too obscure for Wordle. Then I thought it didn't seem quite 'Wordle' to be Latch, leaving a guess of 5 words and pick the right one in 3 more goes. Naughty!

• Shrews said:
    Naughty today. Reminded me of one from the past when I got 'atch' with letters in that order. From memory Audio, Scent gave the a,t,c and I guessed at catch to check where the c was likely and an alternate position for a,t. Seeing 'atch' light up green on the third go was nice, but then there was a choice of

Batch
    Gatch
    Hatch
    Latch
    Match
    Natch
    Patch
    Tatch
    Watch

Gatch, Natch and Tatch seemed too obscure for Wordle. Then I thought it didn't seem quite 'Wordle' to be Latch, leaving a guess of 5 words and pick the right one in 3 more goes. Naughty!

What you could have done was enter 'thing' on your fourth guess and (if necessary) 'plumb' on your fifth, which would determine the correct word and guarantee you a win by the sixth try.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Shrews said:

Batch
    Gatch
    Hatch
    Latch
    Match
    Natch
    Patch
    Tatch
    Watch

What you could have done was enter 'thing' on your fourth guess and (if necessary) 'plumb' on your fifth, which would determine the correct word and guarantee you a win by the sixth try.
    This is the way. 
    Shrews said:

Batch
    Gatch
    Hatch
    Latch
    Match
    Natch
    Patch
    Tatch
    Watch

This is the way. 
    Not when you want to get it in three it isn't!

At this moment I am closing in on 3 being my lead score. It was 5, then I got it to 4, now 3 is coming up on the rails. At the moment it's like a 4:3:2:1 ratio, so it's only a matter of time.

Not sure about how I will get 2 to be the highest and obviously 1 will never be. But maybe there will be a tactic for getting it in 2

Anyone done any research yet on whether the wordle word is random or if there is a pattern?

Example: Every 5th word 75% end with a Y, that kind of stat. It may be possible to increase the 2's if such a pattern existed. Equally if we know all previous words then we may be able to have a good guess at the 2nd word by eliminating them from calculations, as long as we have a good opener, say 3 greens. 
    Shrews said:

At this moment I am closing in on 3 being my lead score. It was 5, then I got it to 4, now 3 is coming up on the rails. At the moment it's like a 4:3:2:1 ratio, so it's only a matter of time.

3?

You've slipped ...

Shrews said:
    After hitting 11 straight one guess answers (the letter coding I sussed), yesterday I hit an anomaly and it took three. Not sure what happened but maybe they've spotted their error and tweaked it

Back to the drawing board maybe. 

Balls to 3s. TBH if I was sure it was _ATCH after 2 I would guess for a 3, but beyond that I'm guaranteeing my streak, not worrying about the daily score.
    Balls to 3s. TBH if I was sure it was _ATCH after 2 I would guess for a 3, but beyond that I'm guaranteeing my streak, not worrying about the daily score.
    Trouble is I forget every now and then to do it and it reverts back to zero, so I've not got the luxury of having the streak record to worry about. Think I'm on about 60
    TTony said:
    Shrews said:

3?

You've slipped ...

Shrews said:
    After hitting 11 straight one guess answers (the letter coding I sussed), yesterday I hit an anomaly and it took three. Not sure what happened but maybe they've spotted their error and tweaked it

Back to the drawing board maybe. 

Ah yes, I remember those heady days! From memory it all changed when the NY Times took over, or possibly not longer after, and they rectified whatever the blip was in the system.

Shrews said:
    Ah yes, I remember those heady days! From memory it all changed when 

someone called BS and you disappeared.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    Shrews said:
    Ah yes, I remember those heady days! From memory it all changed when 

someone called BS and you disappeared.

Nothing I can do about that and nothing I care about. It is what it is, no skin off my nose either way. Like many threads I will dip in and out rather than get fully involved. If people want to argue the toss post after post then fair enough. The way I personally get enjoyment from any internet messageboard, is to read through, say my piece, explain further if I can be arsed (or more likely - if I have the time) and pop back at a later date. 

From memory, I stated what had happened and the subject moved on, no more to say really. Not sure what I'd have gained from bullshitting about it? 

Anyway, Wordle is whatever anyone wants to make of it, some times it's worth discussing and recently trying to get my 3's as my best number is what I'm looking to do, but other people seem to play the game in another way which is their choice of course.

I also gave that Quordle a go and got it to 36 seconds, but sure I got it faster, just never screenshotted the evidence. I'm sure many have got it faster!

So far - Wordle (trying to increase the 3's, the ratio is right now so only a matter of time before it overtakes the 5's and then the 4's.  As said, increasing the 2's will be the difficult task.

As for Quordle, I just got bored of it in the end. Just seem to remember getting it less than 36 seconds.

• NothingOnTheTeleNothingOnTheTele Frets: 500
    edited January 17
    Well I'm still on my streak of 896. Got them all in one, of course. Child's play, really, once you figure out their code.

Might pack it in soon and have a go at cracking the remaining two Beale ciphers. 
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 286
    The Wordle site appears to be offline (10:00 am Friday), is anyone else having trouble accessing the site?

My day is disrupted now!
    It's back.  

Got it in 4 today
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Nope, site still down for me. 
    But I reckon I'd have got it in 2 today.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I see it's gone again, I must have just caught short window of it being back online.  Could well be a DOS attack of some sort
    Still not responding for me either.

I had to do the numbers first, completely wrecked my morning routine!

Doubt it'll be fixed until the US wakes up and gets online in a few hours
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1797
    Well I'm still on my streak of 896. Got them all in one, of course. Child's play, really, once you figure out their code.

Might pack it in soon and have a go at cracking the remaining two Beale ciphers. 
    I really struggle to see any point in this.