Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

John Cruz Custom Guitars(Update from John Cruz)

What's Hot

Comments

• And people complain that guitar prices are ridiculously high these days. Blame the people who buy them at these prices, not the people who sell them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    If £8k is considered excessive for a bolt-on does that mean it's  a reasonable price for a set-neck?
    I can't see any new guitar is worth anywhere near that unless it's made of gold.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23507
    Sassafras said:
    If £8k is considered excessive for a bolt-on does that mean it's  a reasonable price for a set-neck?
    I can't see any new guitar is worth anywhere near that unless it's made of gold.
    Come on, we all know every bolt-on is just two bits of wood screwed together.  No other work involved whatsoever, FACT.  None of them should be worth more than 400 quid.  A set-neck is in a whole other dimension.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Sassafras said:
    Come on, we all know every bolt-on is just two bits of wood screwed together.  No other work involved whatsoever, FACT.  None of them should be worth more than 400 quid.  A set-neck is in a whole other dimension.
    LOL
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bet Cruz wishes he was more like Delorean and able to nip back in time.....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I know someone who went to vegas, Bought a lot of drugs and women didn't pay for them then he came back to england, the dealers were on a plane across the atlantic banging on his mum and dads door, if they didn't re-mortgagethe house they'd kill him. They re-mortgaged the house, I know someone else who did something similar and he killed himself. 
    He best go into hiding because people do things to get that kind of money back.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4010
    I know someone who went to vegas, Bought a lot of drugs and women didn't pay for them then he came back to england, the dealers were on a plane across the atlantic banging on his mum and dads door, if they didn't re-mortgagethe house they'd kill him. They re-mortgaged the house, I know someone else who did something similar and he killed himself. 
    I'd be somewhat surprised if Proguitar.de go down that route
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1504
    Philly_Q said:
    Sassafras said:

£450?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3509
    I know someone who went to vegas, Bought a lot of drugs and women didn't pay for them then he came back to england, the dealers were on a plane across the atlantic banging on his mum and dads door, if they didn't re-mortgagethe house they'd kill him. They re-mortgaged the house, I know someone else who did something similar and he killed himself. 
    that's a pub story if I've ever heard one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12319
    The boys are headed to rural Tennessee even as I type.

Samuel L Jackson
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 470
    So what you're basically saying is that John is 'Cruz'-ing for a bruising?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What has all this Vegas gangster bollocks got to do with John Cruz, or have I missed something very obvious to the rest of you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4355
    edited October 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    What has all this Vegas gangster bollocks got to do with John Cruz, or have I missed something very obvious to the rest of you?
    I think he’s suggesting John Cruz better be careful. In case ze Germans book a flight to visit John personally, and go medieval on him. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

CHRISB50 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I think he’s suggesting John Cruz better be careful. In case ze Germans book a flight to go and visit John personally, and go medieval on him. 
    Thanks, it's good to know that the Vegas story is as irrelevant as it seemed.  Unless Proguitar.de really are tooling up as we speak.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4355
    Philly_Q said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I think he’s suggesting John Cruz better be careful. In case ze Germans book a flight to go and visit John personally, and go medieval on him. 
    Thanks, it's good to know that the Vegas story is as irrelevant as it seemed.  Unless Proguitar.de really are tooling up as we speak.
    Indeed. 

As an aside, I’m not surprised they went bust with that headstock. 

It is absolutely awful! 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

edited October 2023
    I've been trying to remember the name of the other Fender Custom Shop guy who went out on his own, and it just popped into my head... John Page.  He has/had a very different business model, with production outsourced to Japan (I think, although they may have switched to the USA now) and much more reasonably priced guitars.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5472
    Philly_Q said:
    I've been trying to remember the name of the other Fender Custom Shop guy who went out on his own, and it just popped into my head... John Page.  He has/had a very different business model, with production outsourced to Japan (I think, although they may have switched to the USA now) and much more reasonably priced guitars.
    Yep, different style operation entirely - he has almost no involvement in the day to day ops of the mass-prodiced stuff (now indeed USA, formerly Japan). He still runs a custom shop in Oregon though where he hand-builds stuff one at a time though to order. 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Philly_Q said:
    Didn’t Peter “Max” Baranet, he of the Max Les Paul do a disappearing act in 2011? I’m sure I read something around the time on a forum saying he had some unpleasant financial types looking for him. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14619
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    You are going to have to help me now as well - Who was the guy who built the guitar(s) for Robben Ford - Espirit style - Had his own company and I think for a while was part of the Premier Builders Guild
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11494
    Philly_Q said:
    You are going to have to help me now as well - Who was the guy who built the guitar(s) for Robben Ford - Espirit style - Had his own company and I think for a while was part of the Premier Builders Guild

Gene Baker?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom