Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

John Cruz Custom Guitars(Update from John Cruz)

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6993
    carlos said:
    I know someone who went to vegas, Bought a lot of drugs and women didn't pay for them then he came back to england, the dealers were on a plane across the atlantic banging on his mum and dads door, if they didn't re-mortgagethe house they'd kill him. They re-mortgaged the house, I know someone else who did something similar and he killed himself. 
    He best go into hiding because people do things to get that kind of money back.
    So the dealers knew his address? And then his parent's address, too? And hung about in the UK while the parents went throught he faff of remortgaging the house, getting the money in the bank, and then cashing it out to give the dealers? They aren't very busy people these dealers are they? Must have taken weeks. They could have been in Vegas all this time dealing drugs instead.
    Of course they do. Jerome said it’s happened at least twice! ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655
    mrkb said:
    carlos said:
    I know someone who went to vegas, Bought a lot of drugs and women didn't pay for them then he came back to england, the dealers were on a plane across the atlantic banging on his mum and dads door, if they didn't re-mortgagethe house they'd kill him. They re-mortgaged the house, I know someone else who did something similar and he killed himself. 
    He best go into hiding because people do things to get that kind of money back.
    So the dealers knew his address? And then his parent's address, too? And hung about in the UK while the parents went throught he faff of remortgaging the house, getting the money in the bank, and then cashing it out to give the dealers? They aren't very busy people these dealers are they? Must have taken weeks. They could have been in Vegas all this time dealing drugs instead.
    Of course they do. Jerome said it’s happened at least twice! ;)
    All of the hookers and drug dealers I know work on a buy now pay later scheme…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2562
    V12 Finance, same as Anderton’s. 0% APR for 12 months, it’s hard to say no really
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6993
    elstoof said:
    V12 Finance, same as Anderton’s. 0% APR for 12 months, it’s hard to say no really
    Ah! Do they do loyalty points as well?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655
    mrkb said:
    elstoof said:
    Ah! Do they do loyalty points as well?
    Yeah, just be careful where you swipe your club card. 
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    I'd send a bunch of German nihilists to ask where is ze money Cruzowski!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2431

Guitar.com reports that they reached out to John and have now received a reply from the builder, who confirmed that he's shutting down his custom shop. In the official statement, Cruz, who was previously a builder for Fender Custom Shop until his firing in 2020, apologized to "customers, dealers, and fans" for "not being in touch for some time now." The builder added that he's been "going through some very rough times" after "a rough economic battle trying to keep a new business afloat."

"The timing for the new startup was not the best," added Cruz. Although "the initial business showed a lot of promise," John explained that his newly launched business was "severely impacted by the COVID crisis" and that his efforts to find additional funding were "without success."

Admitting that he learned "how incredibly difficult it is to run a successful business," John added:

My heart has ALWAYS been in the right place, as my purpose was to do what I loved and try to bring some joy to people around the world. I sincerely hope to return to making the best guitars I can soon."

The German retailer that first broke the news also complained about quality control issues for the guitars that were delivered. However, Guitar.com's report adds that John didn't address this.

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2431
    FB Update from Cruz himself.....

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1510
    Actually said less than nothing