Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791
    I want one too!
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I've bought one and apparently it will be delivered on Sunday 

Amazon for the win
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Fuck me...i should work for Vox!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgan;336491" said:
    Funny how under the radar this pedal is.

Another vox one is the satchurator - it's a really good sounding lead pedal. Not many people seem to have them though.
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    @Drew_fx didn't actually get a chance last night, but here's three short examples of the stereo reverse delay on different settings:

It's not identical to yours, but you can see you'd get pretty close with the right settings (and Chords).

Everything is set to half, except intensity on, which is set to 30 or 70 depending on the track. I found having everything set at 1 was a little closer to your modulated sounding intro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Excellent!! Cheers dude! :)

Sounds almost exact, I think I just need to add reverb afterwards. My pedal should arrive sometime today, I paid extra for Saturday delivery coz I'm an over eager bellend!

PS: Do you still have lovely hair? I dream about it sometimes. Like that scene from American Beauty, but with guitar pedals instead of rose petals.
    BTW, your 'half' sample doesn't work, but I get the point!!
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    @drew_fx I did wonder if it was going to work, soundcloud was being a right bastard this morning. Two out of three isn't bad though!

I think so, it's a little shorter, although I've got a corkscrew ringlet in the middle of my head that's driving me up the wall. Depends what your definition of 'lovely hair' is really.

I like the mental image of a rat smacking me in the forehead.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @drew_fx I did wonder if it was going to work, soundcloud was being a right bastard this morning. Two out of three isn't bad though!

I think so, it's a little shorter, although I've got a corkscrew ringlet in the middle of my head that's driving me up the wall. Depends what your definition of 'lovely hair' is really.

I like the mental image of a rat smacking me in the forehead.
    hehhehe!

My pedal just arrived. It's a chunky mofo isn't it!! Seems to be quite a bit bigger than the TC Flashback X4, and I'd say quite a bit taller than the Line 6 DL-4 too. Not massively so - not as tall as a Blackstar pedal anyway!
    Its the only vox thing I have ever wanted
    samzadgan;336491" said:

Another vox one is the satchurator - it's a really good sounding lead pedal. Not many people seem to have them though.
    The satchurator sucks balls. It was a good idea, but sounds all kinds of pants
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7485
    edited August 2014
    samzadgan;336491" said:

Wow, I really liked it.  

It didn't do much for me as a rhythm pedal, but kick it onto an already slightly dirty amp and it really did sound amazing for lead stuff.

Check this!  

He uses it the same way I liked it - into a dirty amp.
    Ahhhh what a bloody killer pedal. It's not noisy, has oodles of sounds in the box, 10 banks of 3 presets, tap tempo, and can do all the delay sounds that I've used in the entire history of Tacoma... what's not to dig!!

I've nailed the sound I need for my reverse+regular delays within a few minutes. Easy to use!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Blimey, high praise indeed.

Ignored by the guitar community! Just goes to show how we shop with our eyes, right?
    samzadgan;336491" said:

Wow, I really liked it.  

It didn't do much for me as a rhythm pedal, but kick it onto an already slightly dirty amp and it really did sound amazing for lead stuff.

Check this!  

He uses it the same way I liked it - into a dirty amp.
    the start of that sounds like someone has won money on a slot machine. 

Still not a fan to be honest
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791
    Drew_fx said:
    Ahhhh what a bloody killer pedal. It's not noisy, has oodles of sounds in the box, 10 banks of 3 presets, tap tempo, and can do all the delay sounds that I've used in the entire history of Tacoma... what's not to dig!!

I've nailed the sound I need for my reverse+regular delays within a few minutes. Easy to use!
    I want one even more now!
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    I will do some sound clips at some point.
    Just goes to show how we shop with our eyes, right?
    Yes. We're all idiots! Although to be fair had I known about the reverse/forwards mixability, I would've taken a punt ages ago. But they stuff what is a *VERY* unique feature into the manual, and do not capitalize on it at all. There is nothing else on the market that does this apart from the Line 6 M9. The TC Flashback cannot do it, the Timeline cannot do it, the Eventide Timefactor cannot do it.

Madness. If I were Vox I'd be hollering about it quite a bit, as there are quite a number of post-rock and atmospheric guitarists who would get one for it, and it does the whole ambient guitar thing really well too.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I remember seeing a lot of youtube clips when this first came out and i was. Interested back then, but for some reason the video's made it seem a but complicated...i think thats something that Vox should have addressed.

Then i remember a bunch of guys on another forum which is full doom guys had this pedal.

To be honest if i hadnt been through the two previous things, then this would never have been on my radar. My last experience with vox was a VT amp, which i hated.
    Holy shit balls. 

This will be a ramble!

This pedal is amazing. Just going through the presets there is a surprise on every bank.
    So, so, so, so, so impressed. 
    I have found sounds from other pedals that usually cost £100+ a piece. Does all the usual delays + Eterna, downward spiral and many other cool things and I have only skimmed the presets and had a very quick fiddle. 

One thing not mentioned yet is the looper!! Its brilliant. I love the way you can layer things then reverse the lot (play it backwards) and then on top of that you can have a trigger!!!

I remember looking at this pedal ages ago on GAK or something and passing it by assuming it would be pants as it was Vox. How wrong I was. 

I will write up something more concise later when I have played some more but at this moment in time I am just blown away. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Drew_fx said:
    Although to be fair had I known about the reverse/forwards mixability, I would've taken a punt ages ago. But they stuff what is a *VERY* unique feature into the manual, and do not capitalize on it at all. There is nothing else on the market that does this apart from the Line 6 M9. The TC Flashback cannot do it, the Timeline cannot do it, the Eventide Timefactor cannot do it.
    @Drew-fx Can you explain what you mean about the reverse/forwards mixability? I have effects that do reverse delay and normal delay. So are you saying put a reverse effect into a normal effect in series or is there a special patch that is able to process a signal in parallel and output a reverse and a forward signal at  the same time?