Vox Delaylab Review/Appreciation thread

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Weeeelllllll.... I used it last night, and I feel a schmuck. I have to say I changed my mind, the inability to tap the tempo before activating the effect is quite annoying in live usage. :-/
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Drew_fx Gutting, thought you'd found something that ticked all your boxes for once.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah...that seems to be the issue that a lot of people write about...like I said in the opening post, its not something that bothers me at all...i hardly ever use tap tempo for my delay applications...but if its something that you need then its hard to get past
    It is a great delay, and a good experiment. I think I'll probably end up sending it back though. Gwan.. get yer fuckin' LOLZ in ya barstools ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • how did we all get by with the memory man and dd3 pedals etc 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    how did we all get by with the memory man and dd3 pedals etc 

On a more local level, I can't believe I used to get by with a Hardwire DL-8 and a Line 6 DL-4. This was my board when Tacoma recorded our 2nd album back in 2012:

I remember the DL-8 used to annoy the shit out of me in a live situation, because you had to do the whole 'hold the switch for 2 seconds, tap the tempo, hold the switch for 2 seconds again to change modes...' and it was really infuriating. The DL-4 was a classic though!
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    edited September 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    Weeeelllllll.... I used it last night, and I feel a schmuck. I have to say I changed my mind, the inability to tap the tempo before activating the effect is quite annoying in live usage. :-/
    It is annoying, I agree!   ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    shuikit said:
    Drew_fx said:
    It is annoying, I agree!   ;)
    :)) :)) :))
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    On the Korg SDD-3000, looks like you can set the preset to either use the tapped tempo or a preset one so that's looking promising, except the price tag..!
  • Does it have an external tap tempo available?
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I keep coming back to the DD7. With an external tap its just my favoutie delay that does exactly what it says on the tin with the minimum of fuss.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Drew_fx said:
    shuikit said:
    meltedbuzzbox;338666" said:
    shuikit said:

mike257;338507" said:Does someone fancy giving me a rundown of how the tap tempo works on this? To be honest i'm always put off this and the X4, DL4 etc by the inability to tap it in while the effect is bypassed. I use a Deluxe Memory Boy and like that it can be synced up and ready before I kick it in.

This is also what put me off the tc and vox when I was looking a while back..

tap the tempo with the drummers 4 count?
    Yes. Or on part of the song where I don't want delay, so then I don't have to switch it on then immediately tap tempo, which would make the first few delays out of time
    Gawwwdd.. that's a level of anal that even I don't go to!

Seriously... no-one is going to notice those first few delays.
    If you're kicking in a delay where the repeats are at or close to the volume of the dry signal and the repeats are
    Drew_fx said:
    shuikit said:
    meltedbuzzbox;338666" said:
    shuikit said:

mike257;338507" said:Does someone fancy giving me a rundown of how the tap tempo works on this? To be honest i'm always put off this and the X4, DL4 etc by the inability to tap it in while the effect is bypassed. I use a Deluxe Memory Boy and like that it can be synced up and ready before I kick it in.

This is also what put me off the tc and vox when I was looking a while back..

tap the tempo with the drummers 4 count?
    Yes. Or on part of the song where I don't want delay, so then I don't have to switch it on then immediately tap tempo, which would make the first few delays out of time
    Gawwwdd.. that's a level of anal that even I don't go to!

Seriously... no-one is going to notice those first few delays.
    I
    Drew_fx said:
    I friggin' told you!  Haha ;)
    :)