The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    He was very good indeed and all were good in it to be fair.

Some good casting with Reece Sheersmith as Patrick troughton.

Also a different Brian Cox (the actor this time and not a physicist)' a Dundonian of great repute and first Hannibal Lecter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Excellent entertainment .. agree with @WYNIR0 about David Bradley .. maybe Peter Capaldi is just what Doctor Who needs. An older, darker Doctor. I watched episode one but I don't remember too much. However I do recall running round the playground of my primary school shouting 'exterminate' ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I still want Capaldi to be like he is in "In The Thick Of It" as the doctor.

"Oh great, another f***ing dalek... Didn't I kill you all a dozen f***king times? Shiny metal c***s!"
    edited November 2013
    Myranda said:
    I still want Capaldi to be like he is in "In The Thick Of It" as the doctor.

"Oh great, another f***ing dalek... Didn't I kill you all a dozen f***king times? Shiny metal c***s!"
    Like this

I have a sense of deja vu ..

• wibblewibble Frets: 1098
    Check out the latest google doodle...

https://www.google.co.uk/
    wibble said:
    Check out the latest google doodle...

https://www.google.co.uk/
    Just been playing it ... :-)

edited November 2013
    This is interesting ... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/10468029/Doctor-Who-50-things-you-didnt-know.html

Great quote from Terry Practhett - The Doctor has been transformed into a deus ex machina, fully equipped not with a scientific solution but with speed, fast talking and what appears to be that wonderful element makeitupasyougoalongeum.

• thumpingrug;87396" said:
    An Adventure in Time and Space.    Quite enjoyed that.
    Watched that now, very engaging. I only saw about half of the Culture Show Dr Who special last night. Usual fawning stuff but a couple of suprises (or less suprising in the wake of operation Yewtree).

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I really enjoyed the short new mini-episode with Paul McGann. He would have made a great dr Who in the new regenerated series.
    Excellent episode - I won't ruin it for those who've not watched it. Set up a new story arc .. liked the ending ... ;-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That was good. 

• \m/

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Very good - although it does seem the dodgy plot bit was put in deliberately seeing as it was totally irrelevant.

Well played by all really.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • Great setup for the next story arc, and it looks like they might finally be putting the whole Trenzalore thing to bed.

I don't think this is a spoiler, so....who saw the scarf and thought, "....what if?" ;)
    <space for hire>
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Fretwired said:
    Excellent episode - I won't ruin it for those who've not watched it. Set up a new story arc .. liked the ending ... ;-)
    Brilliant.
    digitalscream said: I don't think this is a spoiler, so....who saw the scarf and thought, "....what if?" ;)
    Something like that ;)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    Lixarto said:
    Very good - although it does seem the dodgy plot bit was put in deliberately seeing as it was totally irrelevant.

Well played by all really.
    dodgy plot bit ?

I liked it a lot more than I expected to, as I gave up watching the last series.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Dodgy plot bit: the Kate Zygon having the activation code sent to her phone so Clara could use it to rescue the Doctors. Considering the door wasn't locked and they used the stasis cube to escape, wholly unnecessary.

(I knew Tom was in it, but wasn't told how. It was great.)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    ah yes, that bit amused me as I was expecting her to pop up and rescue them, then it twisted to them sorting their own escape, then it twisted again. . .

I liked Billie Piper's performance in it too.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    I'm pleased with what they did with Billie, as I never really liked Rose. That was a good twist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom