The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Jalapeno said:
    Mark Gatiss :)>-

Dunno why. He's never written anything decent for new Who and his New Adventure books written when Who was off air were mostly rubbish. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    axisus said:

I actually think it's better than the last 2 series. My girls really enjoy it but they are mad for anything Dr who.
    I thought last series was awful too, to be fair!

Glad your girls like it - even my inner geek doesn't seem to be the target audience anymore.
  • Watched it last night, not bad, although not good.
    When I watch stuff like Sherlock afterwards om sitting chatting with my girlfriend about how clever it was and what possible things meant, almost wanting to immediately re watch it. (Yeah it gets tiring if you watch them all back to back)

I want that with Dr who, when I finish an episode of Dr who I want to turn around and say "wow.." Not "so?" And not have to explain to my little sister wjt the point of that episode was, and if it actually happened or whatever.

So far I haven't slated Dr who however now When I finish each one I am just left thinking 'ehhh'. Capaldi is brilliant, Clara is also great, however the combo at the ment has got a bit stale and everything seems as if it has been done in some other form before.

I will still watch them all though
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • Wow! I kept on thinking 'they aren't going to go through with this, they are going to have some cheesy get out' but they didn't.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Wait till next week...
    Though that aside quite liked tonight episode.
    Perhaps helped by Jenna's boobs seemed to have grown....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Yes, that was good, even though I already knew Clara was leaving. They did maybe drag it out just a little too long, possibly.

Capaldi got to do some more serious acting too. He just needs to be given more opportunities like this.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I knew she was leaving but didn't realise just yet or know how. Oddly, yes, I noticed her boobs seemed to grow. :-O
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Hah! I wasn't going to mention it, but I was staring at her boobs all episode! Shit ending for Clara, but they do that to all assistants so I'm not surprised. Bit sad, I love watching her ...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Wow! I kept on thinking 'they aren't going to go through with this, they are going to have some cheesy get out' but they didn't.
    I thought that the music was pretty much telecasting that it was the end of the line.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22207
    edited November 2015
    @axisus I believe these are the points you were making. 

http://1923.radiotimes.com/uploads/images/Original/92109.gif

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Best episode I've seen in a long time.    Possibly they dragged it out a little longer than necessary and I wasn't sure the street needed to use a set from harry potter but it pulled off a darker feel than most episodes. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Excellent,  and not running around  & end of world - they can do it when they try.

I'm hoping we see Jenna Coleman again soon in something else
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited November 2015

Jalapeno said:
    Excellent,  and not running around  & end of world - they can do it when they try.

I'm hoping we see Jenna Coleman again soon in something else

Not a bad episode .. the ending was drawn out and that Ashildr  woman couldn't act if her life depended on it. Wooden, leaden .. she looked bored.

Coeman's just filmed young Queen Victoria - she'll be back in Doctor Who when her career nosedives - she's looked bored for weeks. Everybody comes back including the awful River Song .. spoilers sweetie ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    @axisus I believe these are the points you were making. 
    The ones I noticed were after she'd just nearly fallen out of the Tardis. It's obviously cold hanging out of a door half a mile above London.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Spotted the additional points before the big "breaths" bit.
    There was some extra bounce two ... Opps I mean too.
    Oddly I have spent hours this weekend in M and S lingerie dept ( with mts M)...
  • I guess this was the "For the Dads" episode, eh?

I must admit they caught my eye as well, even before I came to this thread again.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Still prefer Perri's
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    frankus said:
    Still prefer Perri's
    Have to agree ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Nicola Bryant looks better now than back in the Colin Baker era. 

• seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    I'm not convinced they'll leave Clara dead. I've read somewhere or other that She's going to be in a tv or radio spin-off series set in the school she teaches at. I presume it won't be totally diffrent from the Sarah Jane adventures.