Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• I love the way they've clearly taken Aankin's fighting style and the restrictions of Vaders armour to create something that represents the before and after.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5796
    Star Wars has always been a load of pish that doesn’t really add up or make any sense of you question how it hangs together. This has all the hallmark two dimensional characters, disjointed scenes and plot holes that you could drop a Death Star through. And I think that’s part of why I’m enjoying it, it’s exactly the ride it’s supposed to be. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27220
    dazzajl said:
    Star Wars has always been a load of pish that doesn’t really add up or make any sense of you question how it hangs together. This has all the hallmark two dimensional characters, disjointed scenes and plot holes that you could drop a Death Star through. And I think that’s part of why I’m enjoying it, it’s exactly the ride it’s supposed to be. :)
    This

Basically it's a fun adventure. We know that all the main characters make it out alive (though I wonder if OWK may get force-zapped to look older at some point) so it's just about spending some time with beloved characters. It's miles better than the recent movies (excluded Rogue One) and BOBF. That's enough for me
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72602
    stickyfiddle said:

We know that all the main characters make it out alive (though I wonder if OWK may get force-zapped to look older at some point) so it's just about spending some time with beloved characters.
    It would actually have been better if it was set a little earlier, especially as neither of the kids look even close to 10. I'm guessing there will be a scene in which he calls Anakin 'Darth' as well, in order to fit with their meeting in Star Wars...

Or maybe not, and that's just accepted as a bit of a discontinuity.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876

(though I wonder if OWK may get force-zapped to look older at some point)
    Given the ending of Episode 5, with the wounded third sister finding out that Luke is on Tatooine, and having spent the whole series to date saving Leia, I wonder if it might end with Obi Wan having to basically use the force constantly to hide Luke for the next nine years... causing rapid ageing... or they might just work on the principle that 9 years is plenty of time to go grey...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16300
    'We are torturing a nine year old girl and our job title is Stormtrooper, are we...are we the baddies?'
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15619
    'We are torturing a nine year old girl and our job title is Stormtrooper, are we...are we the baddies?'
    in their defence, she was extraordinarily annoying. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    How many more times is Darth Vader going to turn up, Scooby-Doo style, just to see his foes slip away and zoom off into space? Why the hell did the inquisitor decide to send Kenobi back into the base with 2 hapless Stormtroopers for safe keeping out of her sight? It's not like she doesn't know he can use The Force is it? Silly cow.

What a load of Obi-Wank!

”If it hadn't been for those meddling kids I'd have gotten away with it!”

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3903
    What happened when Vader downed the ship, but then it seemed to split in half and they flew off? I didn't get it 

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    Lebarque said:
    What happened when Vader downed the ship, but then it seemed to split in half and they flew off? I didn't get it 

There was a second ship and the one he downed was a decoy.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6915
    edited June 2022
    How many more times is Darth Vader going to turn up, Scooby-Doo style, just to see his foes slip away and zoom off into space? Why the hell did the inquisitor decide to send Kenobi back into the base with 2 hapless Stormtroopers for safe keeping out of her sight? It's not like she doesn't know he can use The Force is it? Silly cow.

What a load of Obi-Wank!

That was her plan - let him escape - he'll take on vader in a 1:1 fight to weaken vader, then she'll kill vader. Didnt work though.....
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:

What a load of Obi-Wank!

That was her plan - let him escape - he'll take on vader in a 1:1 fight to weaken vader, then she'll kill vader. Did work though.....
    I must have missed that as my interested waned while watching it. Looking forward to several more scenes of Darth Vader standing on the bridge of a spaceship looking out into space “feeling” the presence of Kenobi and then at some point saying sternly “Bring him to me”

Is it just me or does anyone else want to hear Obi-Wan walk into a room to the chant of "Obi-Wa-an, Hey, Obi-Wan" to the tune of The Glitter Band's 'Rock 'n' Roll'? 

Just me? Oh OK.  =)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876
    I loved how Vader had so much contempt for the Third Sister's abilities that he didn't even bother using his Lightsaber, and only used hers because he needed something to stab her with.

One of a few scenes to date that show how powerful Vader has actually become, a bit like his Rogue One scene.  His rage and bitterness actually making him more powerful than he was as Anakin Skywalker.

I'd like to see another encounter between Obi-Wan and Vader, less one-sided this time, where the basis of the cautious respect they show each other in ANH sort of grows, but they may have faced each other for the last time now.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2254
    I've been trying to define what is wrong with this series. I think that its a combination of a prequel or midquel, cannon and plot holes mixed with some good sequences. The writing doesn't make sense.

For example the rescue scene underwater etc was excellent, Kenobi being a badass Jedi master. However 5 minutes earlier he could barely use the force. IMHO doing the rescue without the force would have been awesome. Or an eureka moment of inspiration would also be awesome.nope it just happened because the script said so.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10276
    edited June 2022
    Yea his lack of skills are apparant due to lack of use and practice. This can't just come back to his Jedi Council days level so he will always be inferior to Vader from this point onwards.

I don't see how he can give Vader a proper fight although they do allude to the fact that he has an intelligence edge over Anakin, and he knows his weaknesses, so that might play a part. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3903
    I loved how Vader had so much contempt for the Third Sister's abilities that he didn't even bother using his Lightsaber, and only used hers because he needed something to stab her with.

One of a few scenes to date that show how powerful Vader has actually become, a bit like his Rogue One scene.  His rage and bitterness actually making him more powerful than he was as Anakin Skywalker.

I'd like to see another encounter between Obi-Wan and Vader, less one-sided this time, where the basis of the cautious respect they show each other in ANH sort of grows, but they may have faced each other for the last time now.
    Yeh, it was great seeing a red v red lightsaber duel. Vader seems to have adopted an aikido-style of fighting.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3605
    Lebarque said:

Yeh, it was great seeing a red v red lightsaber duel. Vader seems to have adopted an aikido-style of fighting.
    Which is odd, because aikido would entirely be at odds with his rage-based approach. You would expect him to just power through his opponents. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    Greatape said:
    Lebarque said:

Which is odd, because aikido would entirely be at odds with his rage-based approach. You would expect him to just power through his opponents. 

I think you are over analysing this.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24614
    crunchman said:
    Greatape said:
    Lebarque said:

I think you are over analysing this.
    Just like the rest of the thread TBH.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom