Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10244
    The thing I thought was really poorly done was whenever they had to chase Leia. It was like they didn't want to catch her! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited May 2022
    tekbow said:
    tekbow said:

I also thought that how order 66 was being carried out to be very poignant. Lightsabers Winking out one by one.

Yea I noticed that too. You would think that a jedi could take out two stormtroopers without ease though, wouldn't you? 

At that point, all that was really left at the temple were Padawans, Younglings and freshly minted Knights, weren't there?

And it was the 501st legion that assaulted it, they're ARC troopers (commandos but not the Clone Commandos of Republic Commado),  huge amounts of combat experience and vastly outnumbered those at the temple.
    Aha I see. But on that point, Obi Wan was barely out of being a Padawan when he killed Darth Maul wasn't he? Or was he still essentially a Padawan until after he beat Maul? 

He was until after, but then again Maul was very much the Sith Equivalent of a Padawan.

He didn't lose because he wasnt the better fighter, he lost because he was arrogant and didn't think he could lose. He thought the fight was over.

Obi-wan also had a non conventional master in Qui-gon and was fighting with particular focus after his loss.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15521
    The thing I thought was really poorly done was whenever they had to chase Leia. It was like they didn't want to catch her! 
    I got confused at one point and thought they were playing with her. That's kind of how an adult play chases a child.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1026
    I have to watch this now, seeing that the Mrs wangled 3 months free. 
    “Ken sent me.”
    VimFuego said:
    I got confused at one point and thought they were playing with her. That's kind of how an adult play chases a child.
    Even Obi Wan seemed to want her to get away...
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    VimFuego said:
    Even Obi Wan seemed to want her to get away...

I think how they modeled Leias Adoptive mother on Carrie's original performance was a nice touch, especially the voice.

Just similar enough to say "ah, that's who raised her"
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12907
    After episode 2 I'm downgrading my opinion from "meh" to "utter shite".

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6879
    edited May 2022
    Good to see him return!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.png 895.5K
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    I enjoyed it.

Some miserable buggers in here, I thought I was in a bad mood till I came online tonight! :lol:
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited May 2022
    After episode 2 I'm downgrading my opinion from "meh" to "utter shite".

I thought that about the mandolorian, but everyone else here seemed to like it.
  • I enjoyed it. I could bitch and moan but I'm a 47 year old man still getting his Star Wars fix in a world as f*cked up as this one so I'm just gonna have fun with it and keep the child in me sweet. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    I enjoyed it. I could bitch and moan but I'm a 47 year old man still getting his Star Wars fix in a world as f*cked up as this one so I'm just gonna have fun with it and keep the child in me sweet. 
    I think that we kind of have to remember that it is for kids, but for adults who watched it when they were kids and not take it too seriously, even if sometimes it takes itself too seriously! 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12907
    I enjoyed it. I could bitch and moan but I'm a 47 year old man still getting his Star Wars fix in a world as f*cked up as this one so I'm just gonna have fun with it and keep the child in me sweet. 
    I think that we kind of have to remember that it is for kids, but for adults who watched it when they were kids and not take it too seriously, even if sometimes it takes itself too seriously! 
    I mean, I like Star Wars and definitely don't take it too seriously. Mandalorian was ace and BOBF was mostly enjoyable. 

But Kenobi has been nothing but disappointing :-(
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2641
    I reckon if I was hiring heavies I'd probably go for ones who could run faster than a small child, especially if I was looking to abduct a small child. 
  • I'm working my way through the latest Marvel Darth Vader series and it's proving to be a good read.
  • I reckon if I was hiring heavies I'd probably go for ones who could run faster than a small child, especially if I was looking to abduct a small child. 
    I knew you looked familiar...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2641
    I like it, by the way, but I'm really just looking for something to cheer up a Friday evening. What I've seen so far is fairly well-written, very well directed and looks lovely. And that's enough for me. 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4646
    I enjoyed it and Ewan was great, when let it down was some badly executed CGI.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    My mates doing a rewire on Ewan's VW van, keeping in regular contact on Whatsapp, says he super cool and down to Earth, bit starstruck! 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I mean, I like Star Wars and definitely don't take it too seriously. Mandalorian was ace and BOBF was mostly enjoyable. 

But Kenobi has been nothing but disappointing :-(
    Ahhh I like it so far. He's obviously completely out of practice but you wait. He's gone absolutely destroy that Inquisitor.