Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    Yeah I enjoyed it too.. For me much better than Mando and Boba (so far). I enjoyed it and am looking forward to more. A big part of that is probably Ewan Mcgregor. Always thought he was a good actor. I think I just enjoyed the characters more in this case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    I like the setting at the height of the Empire, pre rebellion, where there is little hope and their grip tightens all the time... and then Kenobi finds out Vader didn't die!

I'm assuming we will get a Liam Neeson cameo at some point.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Scotty55Scotty55 Frets: 93
    My mates doing a rewire on Ewan's VW van, keeping in regular contact on Whatsapp, says he super cool and down to Earth, bit starstruck! 
    I remember him being interviewed when the first of the prequels was coming out. He said that they had to stop filming the fight scenes as he kept making the light sabre noises himself.

And his uncle is Dennis Lawson, who was an X-Wing pilot in “A New Hope”.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    So when is this set ? 10 years before Star Wars ?  Ish ?

Does anyone have to hand a simple timeline of when all the films and new series are ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10244
    sev112 said:
    So when is this set ? 10 years before Star Wars ?  Ish ?

Does anyone have to hand a simple timeline of when all the films and new series are ?
    10 years after Revenge Of The Sith.

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    @TeleMaster  thanks
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4554
    My 7 year old said it was boring.. I tend to agree.  Nice to see Zucckus though. Pew pew
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    I like the setting at the height of the Empire, pre rebellion, where there is little hope and their grip tightens all the time... and then Kenobi finds out Vader didn't die!

Sounds like it's actually more to do with star-wars, most of the mando could have been anywhere really?

Sounds like it's actually more to do with star-wars, most of the mando could have been anywhere really?

Yes I'd say so - direct sequel to ROTS really.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12907

I'd argue that the Mandalorian looked and felt far more like Star Wars than Kenobi has so far. 

Star Wars was always a western in space. Mando just cranked it up a notch. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    I am in the disappointed camp. I don't like Ewan McGregor as Ben Kenobi, I am obviously in a minority but find his portrayal clunky and awkward and a completely different personality to the one Alec Guinness gave. The best actor/character was Joel Edgerton's portrayal of Owen Lars, I like his edgy bitterness and resentment.

I won't be satisfied until we see the Millenium Falcon and Darth Vader in full suit again. 

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    I am in the disappointed camp. I don't like Ewan McGregor as Ben Kenobi, I am obviously in a minority but find his portrayal clunky and awkward and a completely different personality to the one Alec Guinness gave. The best actor/character was Joel Edgerton's portrayal of Owen Lars, I like his edgy bitterness and resentment.

I won't be satisfied until we see the Millenium Falcon and Darth Vader in full suit again. 

You're Due to see the second in this series
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5765
    I enjoyed it. It was fun and I’m not really asking any questions of it, I just want to be entertained for a while. If they want to ignore a line or scene from a forty plus year old film to make their story work, I’m totally fine with that. As long as it’s a good story I guess 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    "Hi, morning, is that the Disney corporation..""

"Yes sir, how can I direct your call"

"I'm a man rounding 50 and the original Star Wars trilogy was a defining point of my childhood, I'd like to feel that way again.."

"I'm sorry sir, but the odds of you feeling that way again before you die are basically non existent, some parts of life are gone before you can appreciate them..."

"Oh... fuck"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    I thought it was OK - I thought it had a lot of the vibe of Solo, which was also less disappointing than I expected from the build-up, but not as good as Rogue One. Ewan McGregor was pretty good.

I did actually like Leia, I thought the girl had (or perhaps was carefully chosen for) some of the mannerisms of young Carrie Fisher, and wasn’t too irritating - if a bit young-looking for supposedly 10, and younger than what we could see of Luke.

Flea was actually quite good too…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7880
    Watched the first episode, won’t be taking it any further. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4705

I thought it was okay.  Got better in the 2nd episode.
    I doubt I’d get Disney for it but as I have it anyway with a phone contract I’ll give it a watch.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4705

ICBM said:
    I thought it was OK - I thought it had a lot of the vibe of Solo, which was also less disappointing than I expected from the build-up, but not as good as Rogue One. Ewan McGregor was pretty good.

I did actually like Leia, I thought the girl had (or perhaps was carefully chosen for) some of the mannerisms of young Carrie Fisher, and wasn’t too irritating - if a bit young-looking for supposedly 10, and younger than what we could see of Luke.

I agree with that, she was good but did seem too young for the age she was supposed to be.  But she definitely was convincing as a young Leia.

Was great to see Flea but his acting was a bit wooden to be fair.
  • Stolen.

'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10244

ICBM said:

I agree with that, she was good but did seem too young for the age she was supposed to be.  But she definitely was convincing as a young Leia.

Was great to see Flea but his acting was a bit wooden to be fair.

I thought he over acted actually!