Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?  -  it’s based on pariahstudios, my company but I’ve been using it online for 20 years now!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - I grew up in Surrey but in frome Somerset after some moving around  

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?    -  To carry on enjoying playing and recording but to grow my guitar making business which is starting to take off. Eek!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - that’s hard! I have an Ibanez exotic wood acoustic at home that gets a lot of love and I love my n4s but my desert islan would be my ‘raycaster’ Strat. It’s got mojo and makes me happy to pick it up.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Oh dear.   Maybe Riders on the storm. Anything by Nuno bettencourt. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hello all!

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It's the name of my music endevour and comes from a wolf and a moon.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

England.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To be able to sweep pick! :D

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Ibanez guitar.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

First track which spring to mind is Little Wing. :)

• Q1:  My First ever username when i signed up for hotmail all those years ago!

Q2:  Based in North Yorkshire

Q3:  A hearty balance of good gigs and fancy guitars.

Q4:  CS Fender 51 Nocaster Relic

Q5:  Noel Harrison - Windmills of Your Mind

Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hello I'm michael and have been playing guitar approximately 12 months after starting to learn 20 years ago

Q1: I am One...so it made sense

Q2: I live on a Long Ridge in Lancashire

Q3: To be able to play guitar to a reasonable standard...well at least so people can tell what it is..

Q4: Yamaha FG180....

Q5: That equates to picking your favourite child....I'll have to Pass..Jam,Clash,SLF,Springsteen,Led Zepp, ZZ Top..I could go on...
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 537

Evening all, new here but was a regular on the Guitarist forum way back before it was MR.  I was a member there also, but not a regular visitor.  I recognise some of the names floating around from those days - nice to see you all again :) 

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  Rather boringly, it's my name. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Currently in Rutland, E. Mids. 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  To have the ability to learn any song/piece I hear that I like. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?  My sonic blue Fender Classic Player 60s Strat.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? A very difficult question, but first instinct was Guns n' Roses - Nightrain. 

• Hey Everyone, Chris here. Just recently picked up guitar again after about 7 years, had some damage with nerves in my elbow that I had to sort out and was stopping me from playing so finally able to play again but got a long way to go.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Favourite Number

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? UK, Surrey

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play what I enjoy and learn as much as I can and be a kind of jack of all trades

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Don't really have 'best' gear. I have what I could afford and its just ok. Ibanez SA series

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Reason I started playing guitar as a teenager was Sum41- Hell Song. Dont have a #1 track but that song was instrumental to me picking up guitar.

• TTony said:

My name

Derbyshire 

To learn more technique on electric instead of playing it like a loud acoustic!

My Fylde Alchemist

Little Wing - Hendrix or Clapton

[edit]
    ChristophEar has created a Spotify playlist of all the #1 tracks
    Everyone's #1 tracks.

And I just "stickied" this for as long as we've got lots of new rejoiners arriving!

• RJTRJT Frets: 1
    Hi, I'm Bob Tibbetts (no point in being coy about it), and I'm 66 (no point in being coy about it).
    I've been playing stringed instruments since i was 8; that was about x years ago. Guitar from 12.
    I play fingerstyle on both acoustic and electric.
    Used to play in rock bands.
    Now I mainly play acoustic guitar instrumentals - many self-composed. (You can find me on YouTube).

To answer TTony's questions:

Q1:  Where did you username come from?      My name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?         UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?         To make sweet music, (and to not get overly-traumatised by playing solo in                                                                                    public)

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?         Santa Cruz OM "Pre-war" acoustic (two of 'em!)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?   Sid the Squid by Clive Carroll would take some beating.

Photo from about 4 year ago:

• my username came from the movie 'Usual Suspects'
    I am living in Swansea South Wales
    my main musical ambition right now is to learn to play the guitar lol
    my best bit of gear is a Roland AC60 amp
    I have many favourite tracks but if I am to pick just one it would be 'She Sells Sanctuary' By The Cult, it always gets me going lol

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5369

Hi,

I'm Pete, late 40s, learnt classical piano as a sprog then ditched it and self-taught myself the guitar (badly) in my teens. Decidedly intermediate ability - progress is in fits and starts, due to lack of discipline and only occasionally putting myself in positions that push me. Which I should do more of.

Mostly play in various church bands (electric and acoustic, and bass when they're desperate/the available instrumentation makes it the only sane choice). Occasionally pop up in other random contexts, which I should do more of.

Ha! Contraction of my nick on Pimpwar (if you don't know, don't ask!) from about 15 years ago. Somehow it ended up sticking as an online identity in various fora.

Hertfordshire, UK

Do more things that push myself. Maybe an open mic, maybe a semi-serious covers band etc.  (Those are the realistic ones. The ship that's sailed is obviously "Be a rock star"  =) )

Dunno, depends on context. Objectively probably the Furch G23CRC.

Couldn't possibly choose, even within a single genre.

• 545454545454 Frets: 184
    Hi folks, I'm Sandy and have been lurking around for a while.
    Recently started practicing with a band for the first time in about 3 years, and hadn't realised how rubbish I'd become during all that mindless noodling in the house. Spending more time in forums is clearly the answer!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? 54 was a randomly assigned number from my first email address. And I like repetition.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? North Tyneside, just east of Newcastle.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? if I could play like Steve Cropper I'd be a very happy chappy. Also took some lessons in flamenco a while ago - would be great to devote more time to that in the future.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Simon & Patrick Pro Folk acoustic - not especially fancy, but I love it.

Beach Boys - God Only Knows

• Hello!. 

New on here just started playing again after eight years off kids mortgage stress more stress and did I say stress!!. I was never any good but hey ho I enjoy it really really need to take my mind off life.

So I picked my my father in laws strat and can't remember a thing. But my mind went firmly on the guitar and I felt a little relief. One thing that held me off playing is I had a few decent guitars and had to sell them and knew if I picked one up I'd be absolutely gutted and I am. 

But I'm now plodding on on just taking really slow steps playing scales and getting my fingers back in motion feel like I'm slowly clawing my life back.

Anyway I'm sure I'll get to know a few on here as I'm determined to have something for myself and get some personal achievement out of it.

On a side note can't stand this strat got my eyes firmly set on an Olympic white standard mim tele. One day rodders one day rodders. 

All the best to you all thanks for having me...
  • Sorry seem to have messed that first post up oh well try again. 

Q1..Username!.  I'm a vegetable as you probably can see from first post..

Q2...sunny Sheffield born in bread.

Q3.. Just want to enjoy playing instead of not really getting anywhere..

Q4..Martin 00m which I had to sell and still gutted loved that little thing..

Q5...don't really have a favourite I just love music. .

• eddiefrommalverneddiefrommalvern Frets: 6
    edited February 2018
    Hi, My username is my name and location boringly, I am 62 but only started playing at age 30 after the shock of seeing a lifelong friend playing lead / singing at a gig....I had no idea!

He said I should have a go,and that christmas the missus suprised my with an old EKO Ranger and play in a day book. From there I progressed to Homespun videos by Happy Traum and learnt blues fingerpicking, which I have been told I am not bad at thesedays,.......but I can't strum in time to save my life!.

I also did some fastfingers cassette lessons by post (showing my age now). Today people have it made by way all the fantastic folk who generously post free stuff on youtube, My currant fave on there being Molly Tuttle, and in the last year have been doing more plectrum stuff in my version of Bluegrass (basically cheating as left hand now suffering as I spent a lot of the 1970's falling off motorbikes).

Kit wise, I have been lucky in that I have always had decent employment (I am a fabricator / Welder) and we have never had children, so have always had a bit of extra cash to buy the best I could afford / justify (but If we all bought kit just according to our ability, most guitar makers would be out of business I reckon!).

Anyhows I have a Thornbory 115 OM size which I got from Guitar Village back in the mid 80's, A nat res tricone (one of the first ever made serial number 10 which needs to go sadly if op successful) and a Takamine 400s 12 string from the 80's which used to belong to singer / songwriter Reg Cooper (please google him if you want a heartwarming story) this came of the bay with no mention of the late owner until I went up to Nottingham and met his daughter.

I have had four 12 strings over the years bought then sold, basic Yamaha's and Arias and an Eko...as love the sound, hate the pain, but this one is currently with Lance at Pershore being set up, as it sounds awesome and hopefully will be easier to play once he has worked his magic.

I (due to health and feelings of mortality) finally ventured out of the house after 30 years of living room noodling just 6 months ago, and now play and sing as often as I can in folk acoustic singarounds in pubs and have busked at the Upton Blues, wish I done it years ago but am having a great time.....

So youngsters, It's never too late and get out there and get involved....I still need the words and chords in front of me but these events are totally non judgemental and all present know how you are suffering, and some of the people I have seen have been awesome.

Favorite tune........Impossible to say!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175

Completely random to be honest! I needed some name and probably heard some car of bike drive by.

Portugal, currently living in London.

I just like to play, I want to become a better rhythm player and maybe even start recording a couple of my ideas. No agenda, just for fun.

59 Les paul Junior

That's a hard one... Today I'm going to say Frusciante's Ramparts.

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader

It’s my business name. Studied French and English Literature at Uni so concluded that alliteration would work... 

A shitty (and currently snowy) Wolverhampton

Just to play guitar more frequently than I currently do (I was a better player 10-15 years ago than I am now which is a bit depressing. I have gone from playing 4 hours + per day to 30 mins on a Friday night. 

I got a Taylor acoustic for my 18th which I have kept ever since. It will never leave. 11 years ago, myself and my student housemates came back from a night out at the student union to discover our house had been broken into, and my guitar collection (which was only a Gibson les Paul, a Fender Strat and a Taylor had been nicked) the Les Paul and Strat had gone...they left the Taylor acoustic. 

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name 

For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • JackGrantJackGrant Frets: 11
    Hi Trevor here

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  John has been a family name for 7 generations- dad didn't know when I was named. Jack (short for John) has been used the same length of time.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  Worthing in West Sussex

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To improve, and to gig constantly 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Fylde alchemist

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Heartbreaker - zep 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • barnybarny Frets: 3

Q1:  Where did you username come from? A childhood nickname basically an abbreviation of my surname

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Southend on sea! 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? For my fingers to somehow express what I’m hearing in my head

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? A beat up old Musicman Axis Super Sport, looks like it’s been run over by a lawnmower but my god does it sound and play amazingly

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape by Be Bop Deluxe

• the_doobzthe_doobz Frets: 24
    I am the Doobz, one half of poor quality disco cowboy duo 'Jolene Autumn and the Doobz'

I'm from Salford but have wasted most of my adult life in Sheffield.

I hope to achieve world peace through my inadequate strumming on my beloved K Yairi DY53n, a guitar so good that Angels cry when I play it.

'I may never get to heaven' by Wanda Jackson made me cry in my 1960's boyhood and I weep still.

• BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - My second favourite thing to wiggle

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To keep playing

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - This week it's mostly been my Reverend Spacehawk

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Power of Soul/Power of Love - Jimi Hendrix

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom