Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Hi guys! Was chatting to a fella about guitar and he recommended this forum. Not really used any forums in the last few years but here we are! I have a few things I'm on the look out for and some bits I'm willing to trade/sell.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I was listening to the Bay City Rollers ;) 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? England

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I am a professional musician and am always teaching, recording or gigging.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Impossible, but either my Suhr or my Les Paul. I do love my Feline though.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? That one with the widdly-widdly and some chugga chugga.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi to the forum
    Just to introduce myself - Alan, recently retired high voltage engineer and ex Royal Navy.
    Started playing at school and sadly, probably only improved marginally in the last 50 years.
    I have had had some good times in a few pub/charity gig/social bands over the years, even made some barely passable attempts at a couple of dodgy Pink Floyd/Gary Moore covers (but stress the barely).
    I have some amazing gear, 30 year old 335, PRS Custom, Cornell amp, Martin D18, Manson custom 12 string, Ibanez 5 string bass, but it's probably a slight case of all the gear but not too much idea......  All the same, I love all things guitar.
    Current activity is guitar/bass/percussion/general tech in my local church - regular gig, but the pay is zero!
    My son is a busy pro sax player who tells me when I get it wrong, which is quite often.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @Shangalang1 ; Hi there! You'll be alright here mate. Given you a wis for joining :+1:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @mr335ish ; welcome to the forum :) 
  • @Mellish ;
    Cheers mate! Not that I know what the 'wisdom' stuff means just yet! 
    @Shangalang1 ; well if you look to the right of your username you'll see "frets" and you'll see that you have 1, the one I gave you. Please don't give me one back. It was simply my way of starting your frets off. Have fun :) 
  • Hello all. I'm Ben, currently 29. I'm a guitarist mainly but also dabble with bass, drums, piano and a wee bit of recording.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

A fairly long story... When I was a little kid my older cousin told me that it was his last name. Fast forward 10 or so years, soon before leaving school me and a few mates spoke about getting to get fake IDs - as you do... Not wanting to put real names on them, I joked that I would put Ben Fiddlesticks, which became my nickname for the rest of my time at school and has stuck with the only school friend I still see since then. I don't really have a nickname so it had to be that!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

The depths of West Yorkshire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Just to enjoy playing music. And also to maybe finish the countless unfinished songs I have written.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

I don't really have anything that fancy, but my favourite bit of gear is my '97 Peerless Epi Riviera, to which I've added a Bigsby B7.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

I'll have to say Slide Away - Oasis

@Fiddlesticks_ ; Hi there :). Welcome to the forum :+1:
  • GroovychickGroovychick Frets: 1
    edited January 2022
    Hi all.

Just introducing myself. I'd love to get back into playing again. Used to be in a band in the 90s where I played a black Les Paul Custom... Brilliant guitar. Unfortunately I had to sell it which was a bummer. So I'm now looking for another one and trying to get one as similar as possible. A 1990 production custom model.

Anyways, looking forward into get in to chatting and possibly finding my baby again - albeit, it's twin sister...

I'm based in the UK.... Derbyshire to be more precise. 

Thanks
    @Groovychick ; Hi there. Welcome to the forum. Given you a wis for joining. If you get stuck, just PM a Modmin :) 
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 489
    edited January 2022
    Q1: Where did you username come from?

Basically I just randomly typed it when I was playing Counter Strike in the early 2000s and then it became my forum name.

Q2: Where in the world/country are you?

Kingston upon Thames!

Q3: What's your main musical ambition?

To be honest I just want to create music and have fun while doing so.

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My Gibson SG in Olive drab!

Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Tricky one but I can hear The logical song by Supertramp, forever.
    @Dumodal ; hello there and welcome :). If you get stuck, go to New Members, scroll down to Admin & Mods and send a PM :)
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 489
    Mellish said:
    @Dumodal ; hello there and welcome :). If you get stuck, go to New Members, scroll down to Admin & Mods and send a PM :)
    Thank you Mellish, will do so!
  • Hi guys, 

Glad to be a member on here. Many people know us from Donner Pedals.

Glad to get some feedback from here and enjoy.

Thanks,

Donner UK

Guitars, Keys, Drums & more! | UK Website
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @Donner_UK ; Hi there and welcome! Given you a wis for joining :) 
  • LeftianLeftian Frets: 29

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  Left handed Ian

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  Devon, UK.  I have to be near the sea!

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  I came to guitar later in life and just love playing.  I would like to do a paid gig, just so I can claim to be a musician!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? The custom shop Strat in my avatar photo, worked bloody hard all my life to be able to buy such a thing!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Won’t get fooled again, The Who. Favourite to listen to and play!

@Leftian ; welcome to TFB. Given you a wis for joining. If you get stuck, send a Personal Message (PM) to Admin or a Modmin that you'll find by scrolling down in New Members :) 
  • AsterixTGAsterixTG Frets: 246

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Long time a go a forum/site called 'Popbitch' was apparently a cool place to hang (I never thought it was really but I was going out with a girl who did) for media types, but it was a closed/invite only membership at the time - she had a spare login, 'Asterix', which she handed over. It was my first ever moniker so I decided to just stick with it to make things easy to remember. the 'TG' (for 'The Gaul') gets added if Asterix is already taken.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Currently near Brecon, Mid-Wales, in the morning shadow of Pen Y Fan. Stunning place, very lucky. We live where people go on holiday. Never gets old coming home through the hills. Lived all over with a long spell in the Middle East.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To get to a comfortable level where I can just chill and play, and to let my missus see what all the fuss was about.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Guitar Strap - Holds my guitar up...

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

'Do You Feel Like I Do' - Frampton Comes Alive.

@AsterixTG ; Hi there! Any issues contact Admin/Mods that you'll find by scrolling down on New Members. Have fun. Given you a wis for joining :) 
  • Hello All, I'm Wireman67 (Dave) and joined today. I'm mid-50s and live in Kent. Been playing around 10 years mainly self taught. I must be honest here, I discovered this forum whilst searching the web for a place to sell a guitar I own. I know....... this goes against the advice given to noobs, but I figure honesty is the best policy. I will be placing an ad in the classified section later today, so if anyone is interested in a Yamaha SG2000 please take a look. I bought this guitar (my dream guitar) with a hope that it would inspire and accelerate my playing skills. Sadly - maybe predictably- this did not happen. It has just become a an expensive ornament hanging on my wall. I am more than happy thrashing away on my cheap Tele copy.