What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 947
    edited March 2022
    ^^^ :+1:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerrykanJerrykan Frets: 1
    Hi, I'm new here - thought I'd better introduce myself ;-

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  Jerrykan, my gamer tag on Playstation

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?   Bournemouth, Dorset UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?   To get better at playing guitar - confident enough to join a band

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?   My PRS Guitar

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?    So What - Miles Davis

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2022
    @Jerrykan ; - Hi  and welcome to TFB. Loads to see, read and participate in. And if you need them, Admin/Mods are in New Members, just scroll down, click on one and send a PM  
  • Hi everyone,

New total this forum after focusing on bass for the past while. I've started back on the skinny strings and thought this forum could help get my playing on track.

In answer to the questions:

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My kids goldfish had just died and we were looking for a replacement so had fish on the brain. I liked the alliteration.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Glasgow southside

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

It was once to get on to top of the pops before I was 30, but I missed the boat on that as they cancelled the program (before I was 30 I think), also the lack of any viable pop music hits scuppered me. Now I just want to get playing with other people and make a musical connection.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Sandberg California vm5 (bass). It feels like home, it does all the sounds I need.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Tough call. Probably changes daily but I'll say Ain't No Love Lost by Patti Jo. A version of the Curtis Mayfield song that is far superior in every way. Pure soul.

@fishfacefour ; -  welcome buddy :). Hope to see you joining in with the discussions. You'll find Adnin/Mods in New Members, should you need their help. 
  • PALPAL Frets: 539
    Hello. I'm John I'm based in Greenwich South East London. I'm a veteran or older guitarist and grew up in the days of Marshall stacks Vox AC30s and a time when there were hardly any guitar effects ! I have played music as a pro and held down the position of lead guitarist in a few London venues I've also like many musicians of my vintage played USA & Europe. I have had a "proper Job" and worked for a time in the music industry working in a Music shop in East London this has given me a valuable insight and knowledge regarding guitars and amps including the ability to service amps and set up guitars.
    Playing wise my own situation is not what I would like it to be at the moment but am ever optimistic regarding getting back into playing after the whole Covid situation.
    I love guitars & amps and have too many really so will in time try and thin out the collection.As you all know you sell something then something else comes along that lures you in !
    @PAL ; - hello mate. Welcome to TFB. Admin/Mods are in New Members if you get stuck :) 
  • mzedmzed Frets: 17

Hello people, 

Having purchased 3 guitars from The fretboard (all very positive experiences) and stealthily surfing the wealth of knowledge found on the forum, I thought it was about time I introduced myself. 

My name is Marcin (44yo), my username is simply my initials spelt out “M.Z.” Although born in Warsaw I grew up in Melbourne where everybody called me by my initials, I have been based in London (Lambeth) for over a decade. 

After a 20-year Hiatus, I picked up a guitar again around 3 years ago. I’m partial to drippy reverb and an Offset (particularly a Jag) and am currently in the process of working on a few original tracks with some wonderful individuals who have agreed to give up their time to record with me. The project is of the Surf, Spy, spag-western variety, my only ambition is to create something that all involved will be satisfied with.

My Princeton reverb is probably my fav bit of kit at the mo and although I couldn’t possibly tell you my #1 track, I’ve recently been listening to Rowland S Howard, The Strange Boys, Reverend Horton heat, Charlie Megira and loads of Marricone.

Many thanks to the individuals who established The Fretboard and keep the wheels rolling! 

M.Z.

@mzed ; - welcome to TFB mate. Plenty to read and participate in, and Admin/Mods are in New Members should you require help. Enjoy! :) 
  • GemsdalsGemsdals Frets: 107
    Hi all. My name is Gemma and I'm in South Yorkshire. I picked up the guitar again before the first lockdown after a 20 year break and I've accumulated quite a few guitars since then. Unfortunately for my efforts I have carpal tunnel so I'm a bit limited with my progression but I do try lol. I'm hoping to learn from this forum and I'm currently drooling over the classifieds section. My biggest regret is selling my 1971 Gibson ES335 with a bigsby for not a lot of money when times were hard. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Gemsdals ; - Hi and welcome to TFB. Lots to busy yourself with and, if you need help, Admin/Mods are in New Members. Enjoy! :) 
  • Hi I'm Tony - I live in the Potteries, UK and have been playing since around 1965 and have been through a fair bit of kit in that time :-)  My user name came from a time around 20 yrs ago when a produced a website about the Gibson Blueshawk guitar and I owned the domain blueshawk.info and my email address was toneblueshawk@blueshawk...... The site and email died about 15 years ago. I have few musical ambitions aside from continuing to enjoy playing as long as possible and do a few more gigs sometime soon. My best bit of gear hovers between a Fret-King JJ, a Martin 000-15S, a Gretsch 2655 P90 and a Partscaster - a Thinline Tele "Thincaster" I built last year - see pic below - sorry I just could not choose one. I also build amps and am just finishing off a Tweed Princeton combo based on a  modified 5F2-A circuit. My all time favourite track could be Steely Dan's 'Kid Charlemagne'? But on another day I would chose something very different.... Hello all
    Thincaster alljpg 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @toneblueshawk ; - welcome :). That's a nice guitar. Look forward to reading your posts. And should you need them, Admin/Mods are in New Members :) 
  • Hello everybody, I'm glad to join this community. My name is Claude, guitar and music have been my passion for the last 15+ years. 

Q1:  Where did your username come from?

I like to use my full name on the internet. My username is simply my name and surname.

I'm originally from France but I live in the UK.

I just want to make and play as much music as possible.

My 1995 Tex Mex Stratocaster.

Shakedown Street by Grateful Dead

Looking forward to sharing things with everyone here. 

Talk soon,

Claude

@Claude_Ruelle ; - Hi and welcome to TFB. Hope to see you posting. Admin/Mods are in New Members if you need them. Enjoy! :) "
  • @Mellish Thank you very much!
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1857
    Hello everybody, I'm glad to join this community. My name is Claude, guitar and music have been my passion for the last 15+ years. 

Q1:  Where did your username come from?

I like to use my full name on the internet. My username is simply my name and surname.

I'm originally from France but I live in the UK.

I just want to make and play as much music as possible.

My 1995 Tex Mex Stratocaster.

Shakedown Street by Grateful Dead

Looking forward to sharing things with everyone here. 

Talk soon,

Claude

Using your real name on the internet! What is this Witchcraft?  ;)
  • Hello! I'm James. It's great to be here. I've been making music for around a decade, primarily with eurorack, hardware synths and Ableton Live. I've been procrastinating for around 40 years when it comes to picking up the guitar but I'm hoping to overcome this hurdle.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

That's an easy one: my first and last name.

Manchester, UK.

Music is a creative outlet and helps keep me sane. I've worked in music adjacent roles enough to no longer have music industry ambitions.

Perhaps it's sacrilege to say so here but Ableton Live for the limitless possibilities.

Across the Universe by The Beatles - purely for nostalgic purposes.

@jamesstiff ; - Hi and welcome to TFB :). Plenty to read. Jump in and add a comment or even start a new thread of your own. And if you need help, Admins/Mods are in New Members, just click on one and send a PM. Enjoy! 
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? I like the idea of crafting lightning ;) 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Singapore

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play from the heart, not head

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Kemper

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? It changes frequently