Why am I getting ads on here for penis pumps and military clothing?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19047
    More concerning for me is that Google Adsense now seems to be taking keywords from people's posts and generating advertising links as hyperlinks within those posts. 
    Surprised that all the ads aren't for new PM's, Harley Bentons & Covid cures...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26792
    More concerning for me is that Google Adsense now seems to be taking keywords from people's posts and generating advertising links as hyperlinks within those posts. 
    That's also a concern for me - I haven't seen that. It does give me a bit of a clue as to what's going on, though...

Could you show me a screenshot?
    <space for hire>
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    edited August 2022
    That's also a concern for me - I haven't seen that. It does give me a bit of a clue as to what's going on, though...

its either been doing it "for a while"  or it had before (if that makes sense ?) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • More concerning for me is that Google Adsense now seems to be taking keywords from people's posts and generating advertising links as hyperlinks within those posts. 

Next time i see one I will. 

Strangely they appeared in loads of threads this morning and now I can't find one! 
  • westfordwestford Frets: 590
    westford said:
    I’m getting Shariah compliant mortgages and thousands of Ukrainian women who want to date me.
    Those penis pump ads might come in handy, then.
    Is that how those mortgages work?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19047
    westford said:
    westford said:
    I’m getting Shariah compliant mortgages and thousands of Ukrainian women who want to date me.
    Those penis pump ads might come in handy, then.
    Is that how those mortgages work?
    Yep. No interest in either of them...
    bertie said:

its either been doing it "for a while"  or it had before (if that makes sense ?) 
    If it's what I think it is, it's directly related to the expansion of the ads, which has only been for a few days, maybe a week max.
    <space for hire>
    @UnclePsychosis - they should be completely gone now. The "Let Google optimise your ads for you" setting was enabled, which I thought I disabled ages ago. I must've mistaken "Don't do this again" for "Never, ever do this again"...sometimes Google needs a little more...convincing...than most companies.
    <space for hire>
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3279
    edited August 2022
    So the Google ad bots reviewed Emp’s posts and made a couple of assumptions: that he’s the sort of man who wears military clothing and requires a penis pump? When Google starts trolling you, you know you are screwed, poor Emp!  
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3096
    edited August 2022
    If the ads bothers people  so much, and I know I'm not a premium member myself - yet, put your money where your mouth is and get out your crow bar, pry open your wallets and cough up the 4/5 quid a month the Patreon membership or whatever it is costs.

On a side note, as somebody who has not got a Patreon account, nor signed up for premium membership here yet, can anybody tell me if it's possible to subscribe for a yearly or even 6 months membership yet, I know there was talk in the past about the possibility of subscribbing in more ways than just via a monthly subscription in the near future.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    well its bloody quick,   I was quite literally updating Winnies "YuMove" subscription, then came straight on here. - 1st ad ?   YuMove !
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.