Composition Challenge #37

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    I've extended the dealine to the 15th April 2023, to hopefully give time for more entries.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A reminder about The Composition Challenge, and that the theme is optional so you can submit any composition.

It's not a competition.
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    I'm really quite torn. I have a composition I've done during the contest time frame, but it's nowhere near on theme so am reluctant to enter it. However, I also don't want the challenge to potentially die through lack of entries this time.
    Habanero said:
    I'm really quite torn. I have a composition I've done during the contest time frame, but it's nowhere near on theme so am reluctant to enter it. However, I also don't want the challenge to potentially die through lack of entries this time.
    Go for it. The theme isn't mandatory.

It's not a competition.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Habanero said:

I'm much the same.

I don't have anything on theme but I have plenty of compositions.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Habanero said:

I'm much the same.

Same here. I think the themes are potentially too narrow and have been quite film based of late. Maybe next time go for a theme based on a decade or a broad musically genre, might bring in more punters. 
    dindude said:
    Habanero said:

I'm much the same.

Same here. I think the themes are potentially too narrow and have been quite film based of late. Maybe next time go for a theme based on a decade or a broad musically genre, might bring in more punters. 
    Thanks. Always open to ideas. Remember the theme isn't mandatory. 

I have wondered whether to have no theme at all, or let entrants choose their own theme.

It's not a competition.
    Have sent one in. As mentioned above mine is off-theme, but maybe it was a niche too far.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Cool, I’ll submit something off theme, prob the one I’m finishing up now if I get it done in time. 
    dindude said:
    Cool, I’ll submit something off theme, prob the one I’m finishing up now if I get it done in time. 

Excellent, at least a few people will hear it. I uploaded my above entry to own Soundcloud page, and it's had 6 plays in a month, and 3 of those were the same person in LA!
    Habanero said:
    Have sent one in...
    Many thanks. It's in the playlist.

It's not a competition.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    It may be better to suggest something thematic rather than something than implies genre.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Sorry @stratman3142 I had hopes of submitting a shaftsploitation track but I just don't have the time
  • oafoaf Frets: 300

I've done the cover art (courtesy of Stable Diffusion). Just need to do the song now...!
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited April 2023
    I'm going to do my best to get this done by the deadline....the past month's been mental.

Nice render @oaf ;;; i'm trying something similar in midjourney... 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited April 2023
    Cool pictures. Now we just need some tunes to go with them :)
    It's not a competition.
    One last shot. I'm going to extend it to the end of the month (30th April) if that's OK with @horse and @Habanero, as I know we've got at least one more entry coming that just needs a bit more time,

It would be good to get more entries, so any ideas are welcome. In future I wonder if it would be better to just make it a Composition challenge with no particular theme, so that entrants can decide for themselves and submit any of their compositions that they choose.

It's not a competition.
    One last shot. I'm going to extend it to the end of the month (30th April) if that's OK with @horse and @Habanero, as I know we've got at least one more entry coming that just needs a bit more time,

It would be good to get more entries, so any ideas are welcome. In future I wonder if it would be better to just make it a Composition challenge with no particular theme, so that entrants can decide for themselves and submit any of their compositions that they choose.

I certainly have no objection to extending the deadline.

Themes can sometimes be unpredictable. I've seen a Photo challenge and a racing game Car Livery challenge on other forums vary from 120 entries one time to 15 the next for no obvious reason.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Yeah go for it