The PRS Signature that never was....

What's Hot
Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
edited May 2023 in Guitar
So hard to un see this one from Dallas Guitar Show this past weekend....

https://imgur.com/a/txOC4fQ
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14532
    Well, at least Semie Moseley will not be entering into litigation.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11925
    That's spectacularly horrible.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Wonder how it looked before it melted 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Well, at least Semie Moseley will not be entering into litigation.
    About the only semie you’d find near this guitar. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3060
    Bloody hell that’s horrible 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3060
    The one signature I wish did come about was this 

For Eddie Van Halen
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7788
    edited May 2023
    I wonder why EJ passed up the opportunity LOL.

It's like Eastwood &  Danelectro had drunk sex and they immediately gave up the baby for adoption.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 720
    I like the PRS one, looks a bit mosrite. Just need to fill in the f hole and paint it a solid colour. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28572
    I like the PRS one, looks a bit mosrite. Just need to fill in the f hole and paint it a solid colour. 
    Then burn it, and feed the ashes to alligators who live on a different planet. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9347
    Even as a PRS fanboy, that’s shit
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23022
    Sporky said:
    Comment of the day, @Sporky
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Stevepage said:

For Eddie Van Halen

That's the only PRS I've immediately loved rather than admired.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14319
    tFB Trader
    That reminds me - A number of years ago I acquired a 'bits-caster' basically made up of parts from the original Schecter company - the butt end of the neck and the neck pocket socket stated E Johnson in a black ink stamp - The story, from the previous owner, was that it was a prototype for E Johnson - That Schecter company no longer existed but Tom Anderson worked for him at the time (late 70's I suppose) - So I asked Tom if he could shed any light on this - His reply was 'knowing Eric as I do he would have said thanks but know thanks' - It turns out he was offered many prototype models by many builders but was never interested  - So is this a similar story
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23022
    I don't get it really, I've never associated Eric Johnson with Mosrite or anything Mosrite-ish.  I wonder if he had any input, or if they just built it then tried to gauge his interest?

I don't really like the EVH one either.  In its own right it's quite cool, but I can't picture him playing it.
    Philly_Q said:
    Sporky said:
    Comment of the day, @Sporky
    Yep.  Fucking hideous guitar.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16746
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't get it really, I've never associated Eric Johnson with Mosrite or anything Mosrite-ish.  I wonder if he had any input, or if they just built it then tried to gauge his interest?
    It's 4 years before the silver sky.

I would assume this means PRS were actively trying to steal a big Fender endorsee to go after more of Fenders share of the market, but it took them 4 more years to realise they would need to go much closer to the Fender  design to do it
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    WezV said:
    Philly_Q said:

I would assume this means PRS were actively trying to steal a big Fender endorsee to go after more of Fenders share of the market, but it took them 4 more years to realise they would need to go much closer to the Fender  design to do it
    I think Paul has been stalking for years what he sees as the holy trinity of tone hounds, Johnson, Mayer and Robben Ford - we know about Mayer, Robben has finally given  in, albeit with a very limited edition, and I think he’s got Johnson at least playing his amps these days. I imagine he’s persistent! 
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 720
    Offset said:
    Stevepage said:

For Eddie Van Halen

That's the only PRS I've immediately loved rather than admired.
    I’d have this. I’m still enjoying my single bridge humbucker life. 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
    dindude said:
    WezV said:
    Philly_Q said:

I think Paul has been stalking for years what he sees as the holy trinity of tone hounds, Johnson, Mayer and Robben Ford - we know about Mayer, Robben has finally given  in, albeit with a very limited edition, and I think he’s got Johnson at least playing his amps these days. I imagine he’s persistent! 
    That's how he got started....made guitars and got them into the hands of Santana etc and the rest as they say is history. 
    I think he's made a few for Bonmassa too but not got anywhere. He made guitars for Robben Ford since the early 90's and it took nearly 30 yrs to get him to keep one. 
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 646
    Crafted with self-loathing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom