The PRS Signature that never was....

What's Hot
Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2417
edited May 2023 in Guitar
So hard to un see this one from Dallas Guitar Show this past weekend....


https://imgur.com/a/txOC4fQ
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
«1

Comments

  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14599
    Well, at least Semie Moseley will not be entering into litigation.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12079
    That's spectacularly horrible.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Wonder how it looked before it melted 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Well, at least Semie Moseley will not be entering into litigation.
    About the only semie you’d find near this guitar. 

    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3072
    Bloody hell that’s horrible 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3072
    The one signature I wish did come about was this 



    For Eddie Van Halen
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7829
    edited May 2023
    I wonder why EJ passed up the opportunity LOL.

    It's like Eastwood &  Danelectro had drunk sex and they immediately gave up the baby for adoption.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 721
    I like the PRS one, looks a bit mosrite. Just need to fill in the f hole and paint it a solid colour. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28827
    I like the PRS one, looks a bit mosrite. Just need to fill in the f hole and paint it a solid colour. 
    Then burn it, and feed the ashes to alligators who live on a different planet. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9448
    Even as a PRS fanboy, that’s shit
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23241
    Sporky said:
    I like the PRS one, looks a bit mosrite. Just need to fill in the f hole and paint it a solid colour. 
    Then burn it, and feed the ashes to alligators who live on a different planet. 
    Comment of the day, @Sporky
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12079
    Stevepage said:
    The one signature I wish did come about was this 



    For Eddie Van Halen

    That's the only PRS I've immediately loved rather than admired.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14468
    tFB Trader
    That reminds me - A number of years ago I acquired a 'bits-caster' basically made up of parts from the original Schecter company - the butt end of the neck and the neck pocket socket stated E Johnson in a black ink stamp - The story, from the previous owner, was that it was a prototype for E Johnson - That Schecter company no longer existed but Tom Anderson worked for him at the time (late 70's I suppose) - So I asked Tom if he could shed any light on this - His reply was 'knowing Eric as I do he would have said thanks but know thanks' - It turns out he was offered many prototype models by many builders but was never interested  - So is this a similar story
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23241
    I don't get it really, I've never associated Eric Johnson with Mosrite or anything Mosrite-ish.  I wonder if he had any input, or if they just built it then tried to gauge his interest?

    I don't really like the EVH one either.  In its own right it's quite cool, but I can't picture him playing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12079
    Philly_Q said:
    Sporky said:
    I like the PRS one, looks a bit mosrite. Just need to fill in the f hole and paint it a solid colour. 
    Then burn it, and feed the ashes to alligators who live on a different planet. 
    Comment of the day, @Sporky
    Yep.  Fucking hideous guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16811
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't get it really, I've never associated Eric Johnson with Mosrite or anything Mosrite-ish.  I wonder if he had any input, or if they just built it then tried to gauge his interest?
    It's 4 years before the silver sky.

    I would assume this means PRS were actively trying to steal a big Fender endorsee to go after more of Fenders share of the market, but it took them 4 more years to realise they would need to go much closer to the Fender  design to do it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    WezV said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't get it really, I've never associated Eric Johnson with Mosrite or anything Mosrite-ish.  I wonder if he had any input, or if they just built it then tried to gauge his interest?
    It's 4 years before the silver sky.

    I would assume this means PRS were actively trying to steal a big Fender endorsee to go after more of Fenders share of the market, but it took them 4 more years to realise they would need to go much closer to the Fender  design to do it
    I think Paul has been stalking for years what he sees as the holy trinity of tone hounds, Johnson, Mayer and Robben Ford - we know about Mayer, Robben has finally given  in, albeit with a very limited edition, and I think he’s got Johnson at least playing his amps these days. I imagine he’s persistent! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 721
    Offset said:
    Stevepage said:
    The one signature I wish did come about was this 



    For Eddie Van Halen

    That's the only PRS I've immediately loved rather than admired.
    I’d have this. I’m still enjoying my single bridge humbucker life. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2417
    dindude said:
    WezV said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't get it really, I've never associated Eric Johnson with Mosrite or anything Mosrite-ish.  I wonder if he had any input, or if they just built it then tried to gauge his interest?
    It's 4 years before the silver sky.

    I would assume this means PRS were actively trying to steal a big Fender endorsee to go after more of Fenders share of the market, but it took them 4 more years to realise they would need to go much closer to the Fender  design to do it
    I think Paul has been stalking for years what he sees as the holy trinity of tone hounds, Johnson, Mayer and Robben Ford - we know about Mayer, Robben has finally given  in, albeit with a very limited edition, and I think he’s got Johnson at least playing his amps these days. I imagine he’s persistent! 
    That's how he got started....made guitars and got them into the hands of Santana etc and the rest as they say is history. 
    I think he's made a few for Bonmassa too but not got anywhere. He made guitars for Robben Ford since the early 90's and it took nearly 30 yrs to get him to keep one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 656
    Crafted with self-loathing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
Sign In or Register to comment.