edited September 2013
    I'm coming off the pot, and I reckon:

Button to Ferrari
    Kimi to McLaren
    Massa out to pasture

EDIT: Predictions, chaps?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I see 'Finger Boy' Vettel is upset British fans cheered when he pulled out of the British Grand Prix with mechanical failure. He thinks its unfair .... it doesn't occur to him that maybe the fans didn't like the way he disobeyed team orders when overtaking his team-mate Webber, a driver many fans see as an honorary Brit. We're looking at Schumacher MK 2.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/8906992/Vettel-Silverstone-Jeers-Were-Not-Fair

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Webber's new wheels. Kind of wish it could carry this design...

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/2014-porsche-lmp1-progressing-development_1354.html
  • WTF Lewis?
  • That should make interesting viewing, but it's business as usual at the sharp end. Laughed like a drain when Massa out-qualified Alonso, but that won't last in the race. And Hulkenberg - where did THAT come from?

JB was downbeat. I think he was inferring Mac should have stuck some different tyres on.

The start could be tasty ... Vettel versus Webber. I can't wait to see that.

Hamilton can do well from there especially given the grid with a few slow cars up the front holding people up. And if Vettel and Webber end up having a scrap there could be plenty of twisted carbon fibre and the odd safety car to help Jenson and Lewis.

• I can't see a deliberate act from Webber, but I wouldn't imagine he's likely to give so much as an inch to Vettel.

Given the Toro Rosso high top speeds, they'll be a bugger to overtake, too.

I can't see a deliberate act from Webber, but I wouldn't imagine he's likely to give so much as an inch to Vettel.

Given the Toro Rosso high top speeds, they'll be a bugger to overtake, too.

I don't think that Webber would deliberately take Vettel out - more likely that a coming together would be caused by Vettel's recklessness. However, there's no team orders and Webber has a point to prove.

Good old Massa. He was apparently told his contract was not going to be renewed yesterday so he gave Alonso so payback in qualifying by accelerating off into the distance and not giving him a tow. Alonso's thrown his toys out of the cot over the incident and unconfirmed reports that Kimi is about to sign for Ferrari.

And apparently McLaren only want to give Button a one year contract whilst he wants a two year deal. That explains the hold up.

• Well as races go, that was not the best I've seen, but there was at least one or two good moments.

• chillidoggy;30020" said:
    Well as races go, that was not the best I've seen, but there was at least one or two good moments.
    I concur - but why does webbers car always go wrong??? Massa has spent the weekend pissing Alonso off, he didn't exactly help in quali or the start....

At least Jenson got a point. Lewis had a poor weekend though. Hulk did really well.

Overall not the most exciting race.

• So do we think Benson's on the money?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24016050
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    I hope somebody can do something about the bulls soon it's getting boring :)

• Make vettle tow a caravan. Or put a sun lounger out half way through the race. No way he can resist that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131

Make vettle tow a caravan. Or put a sun lounger out half way through the race. No way he can resist that.
    Do you think he will stop and put his towel on it :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Next year should help Re the Bulls' dominance- no rear beam wings and no exhaust-based aero is intended to neuter the Newey-based advantage they currently hold. That said, Vettel is clearly an exceptionally fast driver (whatever you think of his race craft) so he'll still be fighting at the front unless they produce a total lemon.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    So do we think Benson's on the money?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24016050
    I think so - I could even see Alonso fired and Raikkonen and Hulkenberg partnering each other. And if Kimi can go back to Ferrari who says Alonso couldn't go back to McLaren .. :-) You don't call your team idiots and get away with it .. I wonder if Alonso found a horses head in his bed the day after the race ... :-)

• stickyfiddle;30944" said:
    Vettel is clearly an exceptionally fast driver (whatever you think of his race craft
    Actually I don't have a problem with his race craft - the multi 21 issue aside. What nobody likes is a dominant German. Especially if you're British.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired;30945" said:
    I wonder if Alonso found a horses head in his bed the day after the race ... :-)
    His car will be late to the race next....

I think he's on thin ice and Raikkonen will be employed to give him a hurry up. I suspect if Raikkonen does go he'll be on equal terms - no team leader. Either that or Alonso will get bought out.
  • I think Ferrari would be daft to get rid of Alonso, whatever he says about the team. He never gives up, and I think he's the best driver on the grid.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom