The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Next year should help Re the Bulls' dominance- no rear beam wings and no exhaust-based aero is intended to neuter the Newey-based advantage they currently hold. That said, Vettel is clearly an exceptionally fast driver (whatever you think of his race craft) so he'll still be fighting at the front unless they produce a total lemon.
    Let's hope the Renault engine is shit :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Renaults with turbos historically have been pretty good....
  • My mate's Renault Clio is shit, so if that's anything to go by then we could have a more even spread.

• Van_Hayden;31252" said:
    Renaults with turbos historically have been pretty good....
    But that was 20 odd years ago any advantage they had then is probably gone by now
  • Looks like Kimi's pretty well set to go to Ferrari. That leaves Massa free, a Lotus seat going begging, and JB still hasn't been signed up as yet.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I think Massa's F1 career is over. I can see Hulkenberg or Di Resta going to Lotus. It looks like Button maybe be forced into taking a one year contract with McLaren.

Renault will have an excellent 1.6L turbo engine next year and Newey will innovate. I expect Red Bull to be at the top again - McLaren and Ferrari have taken a step back and are still trying to get their respective technical teams firing on all cylinders.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Looks like Kimi's pretty well set to go to Ferrari.
    I can see lot's of toys coming out of the pram next year if this is so

• Presumably you're referring to the Spanish pram?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rumour has it Hulkenberg will take Kimis seat at Lotus. It would be rather ironic if Kimis return to Ferrari forced Alonso to either move or take a year out. He clearly didn't want him there when he joined and doesn't want him there next season.

Having failed to deliver the title during his time at Ferrari it must be a kick in the nuts that they've resigned the last driver to do so. If he stays for next season there will be tears and they'll be Alonsos, because Kimi wont give a shit about any attempts to unsettled him.

SidNewton said:

Rumour has it Hulkenberg will take Kimis seat at Lotus. It would be rather ironic if Kimis return to Ferrari forced Alonso to either move or take a year out. He clearly didn't want him there when he joined and doesn't want him there next season.

Having failed to deliver the title during his time at Ferrari it must be a kick in the nuts that they've resigned the last driver to do so. If he stays for next season there will be tears and they'll be Alonsos, because Kimi wont give a shit about any attempts to unsettled him.

The rumour machine's going overboard about McLaren. Jenson and Alonso get on so Perez could get the boot or Jenson could get the boot if Alonso decides to jump ship. Don't forget that Alonso has sponsorship from Santander which could move with him.

There's also a rumour that Brawn's going to Williams [which has Mercedes engines next year] and that Button could follow him. I bet most of this is just wishful thinking.

• I'd be surprised if to see Alonso return to McLaren after his conduct there last time, he really made himself look an arse. That said, he is Fernando Alonso.

It would be nice to see Brawn go to Williams in the hope he could return them to winning ways. They need it as they are losing money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24013061

• Massa's own twitter feed says he's out of Ferrari

• It's amazing how so many rumours seem to revolve around drivers "getting on" together. 

• Well here it is in black and white

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24042352

Could be interesting next year!
    Well here it is in black and white

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24042352

Could be interesting next year!
    Interesting. The world's worst kept secret. Fernando has the skill to blow Kimi away - he's probably the best racer in F1 followed by Lewis and Sebastian. However, like Lewis he wears his heart on his sleeve and can be volatile - the iceman may yet get under skin and wind him up. Whichever way you cut it it's great for the neutral F1 fan. I bet Red Bull are worried.

• Hopefully Ferrari will stand a chance of getting the constructors championship of Red Bull. Although I have a feeling they could implode with a grumpy Spaniard. Hope the car's good...
    Hopefully Ferrari will stand a chance of getting the constructors championship of Red Bull. Although I have a feeling they could implode with a grumpy Spaniard. Hope the car's good...
    I think that's the plan. Massa just didn't deliver enough points for Ferrari to mount a serious challenge on the constructors championship and that has cost him his seat. To be fair to Alonso's done an amazing job with a poor car - just think what he could have done with a competitive set of wheels. He's the fastest starter in F1 and his speed in the first few laps of the most recent races has been amazing - he zoomed straight past Lewis at Spa. Even Lewis said he was amazed, although I think the Merc was set-up for a wet race which was a mistake.

• stickyfiddle;26196" said:
    Kimi to Ferrari. Massa and/or Hulk to Lotus, maybe?
    Right so far. Still hoping for good news for Hulk. McLaren probably won't dump Perez yet so it'll have to be Lotus

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • So Ferrari have basically bought all the best bits of Lotus. They're going backwards next year for sure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24082291
  • What's happened to planetf1?

Seems to have disappeared!