The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• What's happened to planetf1?

Seems to have disappeared!
    Their forum's still working. Maybe they're merging with Musicradar?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wonder if Ferrari has bought all the Lotus bits to disable the opposition?

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Interesting - Massa is talking to McLaren and Lotus. Hulk's going to Lotus so that leaves McLaren.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Well I never saw that coming - Alonso's talking to McLaren about replacing Perez. Button's only being kept on for one year so he's not a happy man.

• Fretwired said:
    Well I never saw that coming - Alonso's talking to McLaren about replacing Perez. Button's only being kept on for one year so he's not a happy man.

I saw the reports, but to be fair it was a reporter that asked MW and MW said of course any team would consider him. That is not the same as actively trying to get him. No way in hell will Ferrari let him go with a good shot at the constructors title next year.
    edited September 2013
    Fretwired said:

I saw the reports, but to be fair it was a reporter that asked MW and MW said of course any team would consider him. That is not the same as actively trying to get him. No way in hell will Ferrari let him go with a good shot at the constructors title next year.
    You make a valid point but I don't think the merry go round has stopped yet.

This is the BBC's take - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/24171278

McLaren also have some major Middle Eastern businessmen who can offer Alonso and attractive package. Stranger things have happened. Alonso to McLaren and Button to Ferrari? Unlikely .... :-)

• According to the report, Alonso's salary would be paid by Santander, so it looks like money's not a stumbling block if he chose to go to McLaren. So would he displace JB or Perez? Interesting.

According to the report, Alonso's salary would be paid by Santander, so it looks like money's not a stumbling block if he chose to go to McLaren. So would he displace JB or Perez? Interesting.
    Perez has been told his contract won't be automatically renewed for 2014. Button's safe unless he decides to jump ship.

• Hmm. I'm not sure Button's as safe as you say. That said, he is a more consistent points scorer than the Mexican, but he's more expensive. I've not seen any announcement confirming his contract for next year, unless I missed something?

And Alonso has repeated his desire to remain at Ferrari, but I still reckon there's an outside chance he could go to McLaren.

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Hmm. I'm not sure Button's as safe as you say. That said, he is a more consistent points scorer than the Mexican, but he's more expensive. I've not seen any announcement confirming his contract for next year, unless I missed something?

And Alonso has repeated his desire to remain at Ferrari, but I still reckon there's an outside chance he could go to McLaren.
    Button announce his contract for next year on facebook and Whitmarsh did not denigh it in an interview on practice two

• So it's all about whether McLaren decide to keep Perez, or decide to make a pass at Alonso. I still reckon Massa's wiped down, unless he's got a shedload is sponsorship money, of course.

Bloody Vettel on pole again :(

• Depressing, isn't it. I've kind of written this year off, and looking forward to next!

On the plus side I get to watch the race at 8am tomorrow, before you lot!

• It's on at 1pm UK tile. Live.
  • Not here it isn't!

If Mark Webber didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck ... I wonder if 'finger boy' sabotages his car.

Yes can't wait for next year  and poor Mark now a 10 place grid penalty for getting a lift back from Alonso no justice  :(

• The 10-place grid penalty decision was pathetic, totally pathetic. I bet he can't wait to see the back of the sport.

Ianpdq said:
    Yes can't wait for next year  and poor Mark now a 10 place grid penalty for getting a lift back from Alonso no justice  :(

I think he got a 10 place grid penalty for getting his third reprimand from the stewards - Alson was also reprimanded but doesn't get a penalty as its his first of the year. It's the new points based system to penalise drivers. To be fair Alonso shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the track - has been off line then Rosberg and Hamilton wouldn't had to take avoiding action.

• I'm still wondering if Ferrari are busy buying up the Lotus opposition. They've got their best driver, aero guy etc....

And I'm standing by my assertion that Massa's finished in F1. But in true F1 style, that is to be decided!