The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27618
    Yeah, they just need to get the cars way smaller. The F2 races were miles better, as usual. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27618
    Charles & Fred went in the sea to celebrate :) 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4993
    Might be a dull race, but made all the sweeter by not having a mardy Dutchman on the podium :)

Well played and well driven Charles, who has been the best all weekend. If they stopped them managing tyres it may have been slightly more interesting.... Probably not, it's all about quali really. Which I do like. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JEMJEM Frets: 139
    Yeah, they just need to get the cars way smaller. The F2 races were miles better, as usual. 

I'd suggest making them shorter and much narrower, then maybe losing a couple of wheels. They'd be perfect then ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    He said make them smaller not make them organ donors....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7252
    JEM said:

I'd suggest making them shorter and much narrower, then maybe losing a couple of wheels. They'd be perfect then ;-)
    Well, Magnussen did his best with Perez’s Red Bull…
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 662
    I hate Monaco, I’d be happy to see it gone from the calendar. There I said it. I don’t care if they’ve done it since 1841 and that it’s tradition. It’s not been an actual race for years. It’s crap. 

I would like the field to be close like that for the rest of the season but I suspect it was artificially like that rather than an indication of how much better Ferrari and McLaren are. I.e. you can’t overtake so they could go at whatever pace they wanted to manage tyres. So not only is it boring it gives you false hope of a better end to the season. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9811
    edited May 27
    Blimey! That was tedious. +1 for taking Monaco off the F1 calendar.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 371
    That was as entertaining as Monaco ever is. Yawn
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24782
    The Indy500 was ace.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12485
    Penn said:
    I hate Monaco, I’d be happy to see it gone from the calendar. There I said it. I don’t care if they’ve done it since 1841 and that it’s tradition. It’s not been an actual race for years. It’s crap. 

I would like the field to be close like that for the rest of the season but I suspect it was artificially like that rather than an indication of how much better Ferrari and McLaren are. I.e. you can’t overtake so they could go at whatever pace they wanted to manage tyres. So not only is it boring it gives you false hope of a better end to the season. 
    Yup, it should go. Get pole: 90% chance you’ll win the race. At least somebody other than Max won. 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6303
    JEM said:

125cc engines, too, and you get 3 changes of lead in a single corner. I followed VR from his 125 GP days, and it was edge of your seat stuff for the whole race.
    It’s been like that with Monaco for over 40 years.

But for me, Monaco is irreplaceable.  It’s very difficult for the drivers to master, its characteristics are unlike any other circuit on the calendar, and all of that leads to unpredictability.

Sure, Sunday was one lap of excitement followed by a red flag and then a total snoozefest.  But there’s plenty of races like that these days.  Monaco has spectacle and the sight of drivers having to drive with absolute precision in qualifying.  None of your “track limits, track limits…” in the Principality.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5773
    Let’s be honest, Monaco as a race exists purely because it’s one big party where the Uber rich get to mingle and show off their latest super yacht. 

It’s about money and showing off. 

As a race in its own right it has been a boil on the arse of F1 for decades. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4212
    The current F1 cars are too big for Monaco, at, least the F2 and F3 provided some fun and games 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4738

Predictions for Canada?  Probably not an ideal circuit for RB so we will hopefully see some strong competition again.  I’m looking forward to this one.

Nice to see a different order at Monaco, but it doesn’t tell us too much since race pace isn’t really a thing there, so will be good to get back to a more interesting circuit.
    I think it'll be Piastri taking his first win fingers crossed, I think McLaren will win though either way, hopefully followed by one Ferrari and then Max. So I'll go Piastri, Norris then LeClerc. 

Amused me that the last 3 places in the top 10 at Monaco were all previous Red Bull drivers or in Tsunodas case Red Bull possibilities. Yet Perez was nowhere near and was unlikely to make the top ten anyway even if he hadn't had the accident that he partly contributed to.

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1327
    I always like Monaco but the race is too long. 

It should be a Triple Crown situation with 3 short races and some artificial jumbling up the order type rules. 

The so called "hard core" fans would sniff at the idea.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4212
    Piastri has already won a race albeit a Sprint, I think we'll see Max waltz off with this one with Lando and Piastri 2nd and 3rd. Ferrari need to hire Hannah Schmidt, as their  strategy team is woeful
    sweepy said:
    Piastri has already won a race albeit a Sprint, I think we'll see Max waltz off with this one with Lando and Piastri 2nd and 3rd.
    I’m normally wrong, but I suspect Red Bull will struggle with the low downforce nature of Montreal.    Their solid race pace should haul them up a bit though.
    Ferrari need to hire Hannah Schmidt, as their strategy team is woeful
    Ferrari have a strategy team?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom