The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4922
    Dare we dream..........

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Boromedic said:
    Dare we dream..........
    Yes.........................................but we'll probably just end up disappointed!

Early days, but McLaren and Ferrari do both look like they might've taken a decent step forward. Also, there's a threat of rain around the area on Sunday afternoon which would be lovely.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27398
    Boromedic said:
    Dare we dream..........
    Never stop dreaming.  That’s all we have these days!!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I'm keeping em all crossed that's for sure!!

• euaneuan Frets: 1566
    I think the important thing here is race pace looks closer, and it’s hard to overtake at Imola. It’s entirely possible that Ferrari or McLaren will be able to have a car sit in the Redbull pit window and properly spoil the party 
  • PennPenn Frets: 650
    euan said:
    I think the important thing here is race pace looks closer, and it’s hard to overtake at Imola. It’s entirely possible that Ferrari or McLaren will be able to have a car sit in the Redbull pit window and properly spoil the party 
    I really hope so. I’m sick of max winning. Wouldn’t be so bad if his team mate was good enough to beat him and actually challenge for the drivers championship. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I’m enjoying qualifying. Let’s dream here. 
  • Really hard to predict how this one's gonna go, should be a nail-biter. Where's this pace from Yuki come from this weekend?! 
    My mother always said never have dreams. You’ll only be disappointed. She was right. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12457
    Gah! What happened to the Ferraris? Hope they do better in the race. 
    Just watched the brief YouTube highlights. Brilliant to see both McLarens that close to Max. Hopefully we might get a real race tomorrow 
  • Just watched the brief YouTube highlights. Brilliant to see both McLarens that close to Max. Hopefully we might get a real race tomorrow 
    Piastri was close in pace but unfortunately won't be as close on the grid...

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/13138257/emilia-romagna-gp-oscar-piastri-demoted-to-fifth-by-three-place-grid-penalty-for-impeding-kevin-magnussen

Shame to see him lose out after a belter lap, but the penalty is fair.
    Just watched the brief YouTube highlights. Brilliant to see both McLarens that close to Max. Hopefully we might get a real race tomorrow 

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/13138257/emilia-romagna-gp-oscar-piastri-demoted-to-fifth-by-three-place-grid-penalty-for-impeding-kevin-magnussen

How wonderful… ffs 

Urgh. He can’t get any luck this month. But the car is quick and that’s amazing news :)
  • Yeah, and only a 3-place drop so a decent start should have him fighting it out for a podium. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    Ahh McLaren - it’s been a long and difficult love affair but you return to me… :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    Well that was better, I know the result was the same but that's fair enough because that lap from Max was absolutely on the edge and spectacular tbh, it was not certain who'd take pole until the last laps which is what we all want. 

I hope the race is as entertaining, I think McLaren and Ferraris long run pace is better but it's hard to overtake, so it could be offset strategy takes the win. Glad to see the gaps closing up, despite it being a likely Red Bull title, as long as it gets more interesting it's definitely better viewing. Especially when there's absolutely zero jeopardy from Perez. Out qualified by VCARB, how embarrassing :)

• BrioBrio Frets: 1890
    I'm loving this! Go Lando!
    Not that much action overall but looks like McLaren have a genuinely competitive car now. Hopefully they can keep that sort of pressure up for the rest of the season now
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    Weirdly it makes Max seem more impressive when he has to fight for the win rather than disappear up the road.

i thought it was a tense one overall - thought McLaren had gone too early on the pit stops but shockingly it seems they know better than me :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom