What's Hot

Comments

• JezzaSnrJezzaSnr Frets: 28
    Who cares!!?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 274
    edited June 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    It's a decent performance, I think.  Or at least better than I expected.  And for all the comments about Axl, he's in fucking great shape, vocally and physically, compared with some contemporaries like Vince Neil or Don Dokken.

It all feels a bit disjointed though.  Very little interaction between the band members, they each seem to be occupying their own little worlds.  Slash's facial expression has changed so little he might as well be wearing a mask, never mind the hat and shades.
    Slash is always like that (I’ve seen him live about 5 times). In the old days you couldn't even see his face for hair! 

I do think Duff mabye looks a bit off tonight though (although his playing is tight as ever).

Some odd song choices. I wonder if that’s to help Axls voice rather than just ripping through all the AFD standards. Great to see bad obsession and double talking jive from UYI.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24535
    Seriously impressed with Slash.  I feel sorry for Axl - part of his signature was the high register of his voice.  It just sounds strange with him singing an octave lower - to the point that I think he's holding back what would be a legendary performance from a rock band.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    The whole band is tight as fuck.  I love it when bands are this tight.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8829
    November Rain is a bit wince :(
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1109
    Controversial but I never liked Slash's live sound with the Victoria gold top.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1993
    Slash has earned his crust tonight. Brilliant performance right through. Axl though. It's a shame but he went off too early and just got worse and worse and not helped by the mixing at times. Seems like they fiddled with it off and on to sit with each song maybe. He tried a scream early on and his voice went immediately after and he didn't recover from that. Up until then he was just about hanging in there. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• S56035S56035 Frets: 1186
    Backing vocals louder than Axl. I reckon it's deliberate to hide him a bit.
    JerkMoans said:
    November Rain is a bit wince :(
    Yeah that song really demonstrates the part of his range that’s gone, unfortunately. 
    edited June 2023
    Devil#20 said:
    Slash has earned his crust tonight. Brilliant performance right through. Axl though. It's a shame but he went off too early and just got worse and worse and not helped by the mixing at times. Seems like they fiddled with it off and on to sit with each song maybe. He tried a scream early on and his voice went immediately after and he didn't recover from that. Up until then he was just about hanging in there. 
    I think possibly more song dependent. They started low with it’s so easy, bad obsession, the Chinese democracy one and Sither. Later on in the set I thought he nailed You could be mine. November Rain was a shame. Decent again on Patience.
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1512
    It occurs to me that I can only listen to Appetite for Destruction these days. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    I think tonight has confirmed (to me at least) that Slash really is one of the greats........simply incredible 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1993
    Tone71 said:
    I think tonight has confirmed (to me at least) that Slash really is one of the greats........simply incredible 
    He absolutely is but as he's 75% of the output of the band it's almost a solo concert and after a while the lack of variation in the set can start to wear thin. I think the set has become way too long. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    My god they have some tunes. Can’t believe people will still singing this many Arctic Monkeys tunes in 30 years. I bloody love this band. I do miss the aggression of their playing in their heyday but the songs still stand up. 
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 643
    Richard Fortus putting in some solid lead work in here on Knocking on Heaven's Door!
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    Re slash’s tone - it’s very dry and less gained up. Pretty unforgiving. Don’t remember it having that quality in the old days. 
    abw1989 said:
    Richard Fortus putting in some solid lead work in here on Knocking on Heaven's Door!
    He’s been excellent throughout imo. Never seen him play before. 
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 350
    Izzy Stradlin wrote or co-wrote all the best songs, so it's a pity he wasn't there this evening.
    I've only experienced that moment of "absolutely locked-in with each other" a handful of times in my time and it's better than sex.  I'm not joking either.  Fucking incredible feeling when you've all brought your A game and everyone's in millisecond-accurate sync - moreso if it's an uptempo number and you're all motoring in perfect sync.  Magical.  Absolutely magical.

Where were all the amps tho?