I'm making guitar number 7 - Finished!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Thats very nice, thanks for sharing the build, is the middle pickup still there under the guard?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    paulnb57 said:
    Thats very nice, thanks for sharing the build, is the middle pickup still there under the guard?
    Yeah, Gives me exactly what I wanted when combined with the bridge pickup. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27621
    That was a great start to a Sunday morning - reading through the build thread.

Good to see something taking shape from the raw materials, step by step, and big congrats on the finished product being so close to the original design (my builds generally go way off spec!).

Be interested in hearing the Fishman powertrem and what you make of it.  Like you, I'm a fan of the piezo equipped electrics (my current favourite self-build has a Ghost system), mainly because of the options they give with IRs more than the typical raw piezo sound.

Reading these threads makes me half-think about starting another build myself ... 

Congrats Jon - nice build!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    That was a great start to a Sunday morning - reading through the build thread.

Good to see something taking shape from the raw materials, step by step, and big congrats on the finished product being so close to the original design (my builds generally go way off spec!).

Be interested in hearing the Fishman powertrem and what you make of it.  Like you, I'm a fan of the piezo equipped electrics (my current favourite self-build has a Ghost system), mainly because of the options they give with IRs more than the typical raw piezo sound.

Reading these threads makes me half-think about starting another build myself ... 

Congrats Jon - nice build!

Thanks! I am loving the piezo, but having said that, I do like it with some delay, reverb and maybe a tad of chorus rather than just dry. It's such a satisfying sound when strumming chords, so much nicer than just regular pickups played clean. 

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    Looks amazing!  Fantastic build. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6882
    Wow, looks great! How did you darken the body wood where the paint has been reliced?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Wow, looks great! How did you darken the body wood where the paint has been reliced?
    I watered down the stain that I used on the neck
  • Beautiful! Love it..
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7886
     Crikey, that’s a stunning build.  Very impressive 
  • rayttkrayttk Frets: 68
    Bloody amazing!
  • Flipping heck mate, that’s fantastic happy Christmas