Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shred with Shifty- Sambora

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Switch625 said:
    The video has been made private now. Which is weird cos Richie promoted it himself on instagram. 
    Does made private mean taken down by the publisher/host? 
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    edited September 2023
    BigPaulie said:
    So in spite of Sambora being a grown man who is responsible for his own actions, we have a couple of contributors blaming his ex partner for his problems and effectively calling her a gold-digger despite the fact that she's a successful and talented musician in her own right.

With blatant misogyny on display it's hardly surprising this place has such a lack of diversity. Not exactly the most inviting environment for prospective female members.
    More than happy for you to point out the blatant misogyny in my post if it's me talking about the videos of Orianthi and Richie at Norms you are referencing. 

In my other post I stated 'I blame him meeting Orianthi' and not 'I blame Orianthi' if that helps. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    The video's not loading. Has it been removed?
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    BigPaulie said:
    So in spite of Sambora being a grown man who is responsible for his own actions, we have a couple of contributors blaming his ex partner for his problems and effectively calling her a gold-digger despite the fact that she's a successful and talented musician in her own right.

With blatant misogyny on display it's hardly surprising this place has such a lack of diversity. Not exactly the most inviting environment for prospective female members.
    I must admit I didn't get that far.  What I did see was depressing enough.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    edited September 2023
    beed84 said:
    Yep, and it was a Premier Guitar produced video, so they must have had a large reason (some backlash?) to take it down.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    mrkb said:
    beed84 said:
    Yep, and it was a Premier Guitar produced video, so they must have had a large reason (some backlash?) to take it down.
    Fair enough. Judging by the comments I’m not sure it’s something I’d want to see anyway; it’s no fun seeing a hero in a state. I hope he gets better and the help he needs.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    edited September 2023
    Looks like they forgot to tell the email PR dept it was withdrawn yesterday

Premier Guitar - 404 Not Found

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.png 525.5K
  • GibboDenGibboDen Frets: 17
    stufisher said:
    That's tragic :anguished: 

I'm not a big Jovi fan but I like Sambora's playing and I do play WDOA. However, I like his solo stuff better and this track is my favourite. I think it really shows his versatility (guitar and voice) to the full:

That's Eric Clapton playing the solo (and I believe thr subsequent lead fills) - SITT is a great album; used to listen to it all the time when I first started playing guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GibboDenGibboDen Frets: 17
    Hi all, late to the party commenting, but saw  the video when it was up and was very sad to watch. (Came across the thread, as was trying to find a USA Sambora strat for sale in the u.k and thought I'd check on the forum)
    I've been a huge since I was a kid in the early 90s - Bonjovi was awesome live in the 90s and were at the top of their game songwriting/studio wise with These days - IMHO once the 2000s rolled around, BJ started to go down hill, especially as Jon's voice started to decline and he changed to compensate.
    When Richie started hanging with Orianthi, the was the first time really that I became aware that he had serious problems; sluring his speech, playing really slopily compared to before and coming across as a not a happy person.
    I remember seeing some vids of richie playing live with Orianthi and it was awful; she didn't offer anything on the rhythm guitar side of things live and when they'd both play solos at the same time(!) It sounded terrible. I skipped that tour (and sadly the tour richie did before that pre-Orianthi; really regret that now, as probably the last time Richie was kind of himself if you know what I mean)
    Have nothing against Orianthi; she obviously works hard at what she does, but for my taste she's a talented but pretty average guitar player, very bland singer and the tunes of hers I've heard were really uninspiring pop tunes.

Back fo Ritchie, I think he's either still abusing drugs or is suffering from the after effects (apparently he got hooked on painkillers a while back when he tore his shoulder?) I also wonder (and I really hope it's not the case) if he might be suffering from some kind of illness? Aside from his physical health, it's no surprise that his mental health would've taken a hit after his Divorce, his father passing away etc, and that's before even taking in to account the effect of stopping after pretty much being on the road with BJ fir decades)
    Don't know what the hell was going on with the masked singer crap; needs to sack whoever his manager is!...
    Really hope he can get the help he needs/get through, as I'd love it if he'd forget about chasing pop Rock hits and do another album like Undiscovered Soul, as that (same with These Days before it) was a great album and showed some maturity and didn't sound forced.
    Apologies for the long post - just so sad to see richie still having problems. Would still love to meet the guy some day (would have so many questions about some of his guitar playing over the years)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom