SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Maybe WTB acoustic - Now Sorted :)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Defo try 12 frets where the bridge is pushed back ... sounds like a general shop try-out is in order for sure!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    I need to mention that the Auden guys are very good, they don't push you to buy, and they have quite a few on display in their studio. Well worth a trip, I think.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27604
    My thought processes have been on a bit of a journey in the last week or 3.

Started out thinking "Taylor".  That's mainly because of my very positive experience with other Taylor guitars, and their customer services, plus the wide range of instruments at different price points.

Watched a few of "his" videos, read a few comments / threads here, and my thinking headed off in the direction of Furch and then, having initially dismissed them because of the MiC aspect, also Eastman.  The rationale being that you get Taylor levels of quality, but at roughly half-the-price when comparing equivalent-ish specs.

And who want to be paying for US levels of Corporate overheads and global marketing budgets when buying a guitar - you want your money to be going into the quality of materials and skill of the craftsmenpeople.

Downside being availability of those makes, and I don't really want to buy remotely and go through the try/don't-like/return process (that's taking the piss from the buyer protection regs IMHO).

Plus I do actually value some of the extras that you pay for with Taylor.  The lifetime warranty.  The customer service.  The YT content.  (Still don't want to pay for the excessive hotel bills of Wayne Jr III in Marketing though).

So I'm off to try a couple of Taylors tomorrow.  Different guitars, both in the 3xx range, both available at a good price (so Wayne Jr III isn't getting any of my money), not too far away, and at a trusted retailer.  Not committed to buying either, but sufficiently interested to spend a few hours in the car to find out if they grab me ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • By MiC Im guessing you mean made in China. As far as Im aware Furch are made in the Czech Republic at least thats what they say on the label.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27604
    @Bradders ;

Poor punctuation on my part - the MiC was referring to the Eastman.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.