Furch Red (NGD)

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ShadowShadow Frets: 72
    The other end of the scale to your Red, but I haven't noticed the nut on my Blue OM-CM being loose.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    The guitar tech I use advised a small drop of superglue - that was on the guitar I'd built from a kit and was of, shall we say, slightly lower build quality than your Furch
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5449
    ^We really, really need a LOLwiz! :)
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 292
    I’d be contacting Furch to make doubley sure. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023
    ^ Yes, why not do that? I sent them an email, it will be interesting to see what they say.

I'd have been perfectly happy to take my friendly local luthier's advice - hell, if it needed service under warranty, he'd almost certainly be the chap they'd tell me to take it to seeing as he's an authorised repairer for Maton, Fender, and various others. But why not ask anyway?

Had a nice reply from Furch service, very prompt. They say that both the nut and saddle are free-floating by design. 

"So each time you restring make sure not to lose the part, and before there is too much tension guide it in place to be centered. So don't worry to restring the guitar now. :-)"

I guess I can get used to that. Maybe I won't worry about gluing it in now. 

I wonder what their logic is in doing that?

• Tannin said:
    Had a nice reply from Furch service, very prompt. They say that both the nut and saddle are free-floating by design. 

"So each time you restring make sure not to lose the part, and before there is too much tension guide it in place to be centered. So don't worry to restring the guitar now. :-)"

I'd glue it in myself. Or get your tech to do it of course.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Tannin said:

I've been impressed with their level of customer service - I asked what the bridge pin size was because I wanted to replace the plastic bridge pins on my Little Jane with ebony one and they sent me a set FOC
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    Tannin said:

No idea, it is quite strange, but at least it's deliberate and not a fault. :)
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 292
    Good to know! I’d probably just leave it as it is now if that’s the design, it seems slightly unusual but they know a thing or two about guitars so I’d trust their judgement. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 231
    Only advantage I can see is if the nut needs altered in a set-up?
    Not seen that before, but if they say it's deliberate, well that'd do me!
     :)