Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Line6 Catalyst 100 for £150? YES PLEASE!

What's Hot

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited November 2023
    They have the 200 for £199 too, amazing price for one of those, and the 60 for £115.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4178
    That seems like a whopper of a deal.

There's never been a better time to get into this hobby of ours. I can't imagine kids today will be on the internet in 30 years' time moaning about how, in their day, their first amplifiers were those modellers that only sounded 99.9% accurate over 30 amp models, and cost an unaffordable £150. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9773
    edited November 2023
    I have one arriving on Friday, whoops. I've not really had an amp for a couple of years (I think, a while anyway), I have a power amp thing I could use with a preamp and cab if i needed to play in public but i've never actually used it in anger (i don't have a cab either lol), so that'll be for sale soon to recoup. I like the sounds on demos of these more than the Katana (and from my runs through on the equivalent Helix Native models) and I like that they have the USB interface to reamp stuff so can sit under my desk and be used to record both the amp sounds and the direct sound and provide a low volume monitor sound as well.

I played a piano gig on the day i noticed these for sale, where they'd kept me on for an extra hour which has basically paid for the amp once I sell the power amp thing, so I'm hoping it works for me but i won't be too upset if not as the 2nd hand prices seem higher than these offers
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2168
    edited November 2023
    Ordered. **Shrug** £149.84 to the door is pretty silly. 

Might be a perfect amp to take to jams, to be fair. I'd sooner that than my incoming Two-Rock... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 863
    that seems like a huge bargain - I`m resisting buying 3 and a boss EVH delay pedal for a WDW rig 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24369
    newi123 said:
    that seems like a huge bargain - I`m resisting buying 3 and a boss EVH delay pedal for a WDW rig 
    DO IT!!!!!!!
  • I gigged a Catalyst 60 for over a year, and it was excellent. It seemed a bargain at the £245 I paid for it at the time. For less than half of that it's an absolute steal. Easily the best deals I've seen this Black Friday.
    I played a piano gig on the day i noticed these for sale, where they'd kept me on for an extra hour which has basically paid for the amp once I sell the power amp thing, so I'm hoping it works for me but i won't be too upset if not as the 2nd hand prices seem higher than these offers
    Was gonna say, you could realistically choose to sell and possibly make a few quid in the process. 
  • I have one arriving on Friday, whoops. I've not really had an amp for a couple of years (I think, a while anyway), I have a power amp thing I could use with a preamp and cab if i needed to play in public but i've never actually used it in anger (i don't have a cab either lol), so that'll be for sale soon to recoup. I like the sounds on demos of these more than the Katana (and from my runs through on the equivalent Helix Native models) and I like that they have the USB interface to reamp stuff so can sit under my desk and be used to record both the amp sounds and the direct sound and provide a low volume monitor sound as well.

Fingers crossed it works for you. I recall well your amp struggles. FWIW I much preferred the catalyst to a katana.
    edited November 2023
    I have one arriving on Friday, whoops. I've not really had an amp for a couple of years (I think, a while anyway), I have a power amp thing I could use with a preamp and cab if i needed to play in public but i've never actually used it in anger (i don't have a cab either lol), so that'll be for sale soon to recoup. I like the sounds on demos of these more than the Katana (and from my runs through on the equivalent Helix Native models) and I like that they have the USB interface to reamp stuff so can sit under my desk and be used to record both the amp sounds and the direct sound and provide a low volume monitor sound as well.

Fingers crossed it works for you. I recall well your amp struggles. FWIW I much preferred the catalyst to a katana.
    Thanks - I've had a few different crusades (which are probably more annoying for others here even than for me, sorry about that) that have never really worked out, mostly probably born out of my over inflated expectations and different than usual use cases, so we shall see. I think my needs are different again now, as I've realised what can't be achieved - my "i want to sound like xyz" is best served by Helix Native rather than an amp, now I have a computer that can handle it. But for my self indulgent playing of my own stuff or arranging stuff in my own style, an amp with basic generic clean/edge/drive sounds should be good so as long as it does that without too much of a noise problem (under or near my computer desk) it should be adequate enough. 

The good thing about buying it new though means at least I have some form of recourse if it doesn't work - send it back or sell it on. Buying second hand is normally more problematic in that sense
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MaakMaak Frets: 81
    Arggh, this forum is bad for my wallet.  I wasn't even looking for an amp and now I've ordered this!    At that price it would be rude not to.  The demos that I watched sounded really good.  I was going to go for the 60 but the 100 has the midi, which I might use. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The price appears to have gone back up to £379 on PMT!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nerine said:
    The price appears to have gone back up to £379 on PMT!
    I'm still seeing the reduced price.  It's the ones with the footswitch included that are regular price I think.  The amps by themselves have the reduced price.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    I bought 1.5kg of Lindt chocs instead 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertie said:
    I bought 1.5kg of Lindt chocs instead 
    I hope they weren't £150
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The 60 is still there at £128 although they have an extra 10% off the price for Black Friday, which takes it down to £115 and some change. It’s pre-order now though.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023
    Mine has just arrived and it's quite big!

I didn't need the 100 other than the midi, but the better sized 60 plus a footswitch would cost the same, so thought why not. Hmm. Was hoping it would sit under my desk haha

I didn't need the 100 other than the midi, but the better sized 60 plus a footswitch would cost the same, so thought why not. Hmm. Was hoping it would sit under my desk haha
    Have you had a chance to play it?  If so, what do you think?
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    The 60 is still there at £128 although they have an extra 10% off the price for Black Friday, which takes it down to £115 and some change. It’s pre-order now though.

Cheekily they loaded the prices by 10% yesterday then added the BF10 'coupon'.

The prices I mentioned were valid earlier in the week.  Same outcome either way though, despite the give & take coupon.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023
    Maak said:

Have you had a chance to play it?  If so, what do you think?
    Just had quick go through it while waiting for a cup of tea, on whichever the lowest attenuation setting is that's not silent (I think that setting will be pretty useful to be fair). Sounds nice, I like the Clean and Boutique one for clean reverby noodling, bass up fairly high say 3 quarters, treble less than half. Reverb is a touch fiddly to select different ones but I'm sure I'll get used to it, they sound nice enough (i think they are HX reverbs or at least Pod ones?). The Crunch and Dynamic ones sound quite similar at the gains I tried them at, but I preferred the sound of the Dynamic one. Sounded decent with bridge pickup, touch of spring reverb, for White Stripes/Indie jangly crunch type sound.

Pitch effects may take some learning as they didn't sound great, but the delays and modulations are nice enough. 

Controls on the top is  bit of a faff in the fiddling stage but I think once I've set up my two channels and control footswitch via my HX effects i shouldn't need to fiddle too much with them at home.

The cabinet is quite a bit bigger than I expected but i did forget to check dimensions. Seems a lot of space around the 1x12 speaker inside but I suppose that's helpful in giving a bigger sound. At my low volume playing I suspect it doesn't matter too much.