Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Song better than the movie

What's Hot

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2953
    Hey Hey Bad News.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22880
    Also Armageddon - while hardcore 70s-era Aerosmith fans will moan at I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing, they’re wrong because it’s a banger 
    They're right to moan because the song's shit, but it's still better than the film which is total shit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Also Armageddon - while hardcore 70s-era Aerosmith fans will moan at I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing, they’re wrong because it’s a banger 
    They're right to moan because the song's shit, but it's still better than the film which is total shit.
    Y'see.. as big rock ballads go it's up there with the very best. I'll die on this hill :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Y'see.. as big rock ballads go it's up there with the very best. I'll die on this hill :) 
    I'm not bothered enough to lay siege to that hill.  But all those late-career albums full of schmaltzy bullshit by outside songwriters killed my love of Aerosmith.  I wish they'd just call it a day.
  • Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm not bothered enough to lay siege to that hill.  But all those late-career albums full of schmaltzy bullshit by outside songwriters killed my love of Aerosmith.  I wish they'd just call it a day.
    I agree most of that era's output was pap. But Cryin, Crazy & IDWMAT are all fantastic. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Batman Forever is a good one. I don’t dislike the movie but both Hold Me Thirll Me Kiss Me Kill Me, AND Kiss From a Rose are exceptional

I agree , am pretty hardcore Aerosmith 70s fan but I love the 80s & later stuff too  love DWMAT 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    edited December 2023
    I Love You Man has some good tunes by some Canadian band in it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    The Magical Christian features a great song written by Macca and performed by Badfinger.

I have the soundtrack album which is all good.

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7247
    Although the 1992 movie (4 parts for TV as far as I recall) Frankie's House was quite a good movie / mini-series, the entire sound track by Jed Leiber and Jeff Beck was absolutely brilliant.  Hard to listen to it through the action because it all fits in so perfectly with what's going on (sign of good scoring), but the tracks from the audio CD can be found separately on YouTube, Spotify, etc.  Looks like the full movie is HERE ..... for now anyway.
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I agree most of that era's output was pap. But Cryin, Crazy & IDWMAT are all fantastic. 
    Really?  I give up.  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 744
    The first Jungle Book. 1967. 

Bare/Bear Necessities. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Purple Rain
  • prowla said:
    I Love You Man has some good tunes by some Canadian band in it.

Slapping da bass man.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17621
    tFB Trader
    The theme track to the dreadful Twilight movie by Paramore is an absolute banger:

Soup for One by Chic is from some long forgotten soundtrack. 

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    edited December 2023
    The King's Speech had a wonderful soundtrack moment. His special speech is underscored by the utterly magnificent Allegretto movement from Beethoven's 7th symphony. The music does all the work in that speech. Without out it would have been WAY worse.

Beethoven must have rolled in his grave to the patriotic bullshit.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Everything I Do
    Deeper Underground 
    When The Going Gets Tough
    Endless Love
    Together In Electric Dreams
    Fame
    Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now
    I Just Called To Say I Love You
    Against All Odds
    We Don’t Need Another Hero
    Up Where We Belong 
    9 To 5

and many more….

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Absolute Beginners
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Keefy said:
    Absolute Beginners
    Yes!! And a fabulous song from Ray Davies in there too. 
  • Singles.

Superb soundtrack based on the Seattle Grunge scene. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, Alice in Chains, Mudhoney, plus Smashing Pumpkins and Hendrix.

Shame thant the film is a bland Romcom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1085
    Keefy said:
    Absolute Beginners
    Holy Jesus. How did I forget about this? Allegedly Bowie's favourite love song he wrote.