GallagherSquire

What's Hot

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    I like it. Sounds like a great mix of influences all wrapped up in one. Hints of The Beatles, The Who, Cream, The Rolling Stones along with the obvious Roses and Oasis. I think it still stands up on its own with being a pastiche though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3701
    ETJC said:
    Does anyone know what just another rainbow dripping on my tree means? 
    As Liam's been quoted as saying the album will be "the best since Revolver" my guess is that he wants us to think he's taken acid.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3333
    Its brilliant. Part who feels love, part dont stop with a classic JS solo. Cant wait for the record. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3219
    Cracking playing, vocals are far superior to Brown, really good vibe, lyrics are the the usual standard: ‘I’m paying the bills /am I a windmill?’ :lol: 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    edited January 5
    I’m so glad to hear John Squire writing and recording again, and hopefully will get the chance to see him performing live too.

And now I want a Strat again…
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 316
    Nitefly said:
    Every time I see this thread title I think of Gallagher & Lyle.

I always liked Tate & Lyle.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    edited January 5
    I’m so glad to hear John Squire writing and recording again, and hopefully will get the chance to see him performing live too.

And now I want a Strat again…
    And not, it would seem, stifled by Ian Brown which is evident when comparing this to the pair of turds (possibly slightly harsh on Beautiful Thing but even that was not really up to much) that the Roses released in 2016.

It really makes me wonder what LG, JS, Mani and Reni could have done together.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 316
    Rabs said:

They really need to bring in Noel as the songwriter.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3333
    guyinlyon said:
    Rabs said:

They really need to bring in Noel as the songwriter.
    Noels to busy ripping off disney songs nowadays
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Matt_AHMatt_AH Frets: 8
    Ah Man! It's exactly what you want it to be isn't it? It's not deep, it's just a tune. Friday Morning smiles in Southend on Sea  today.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    A lot like the Stone Roses if they had a singer who could sing (and was less of an anti-vax loon).

Top stuff.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    ETJC said:
    Does anyone know what just another rainbow dripping on my tree means? 
    Sort of thing the Beatles would have put in a song circa 1967... so the sort of thing Liam would love.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6499
    It’s waaaay too self-consciously Stone Roses-like.  The Roses had moved past this sound by the time of their second album in 1994 (30 years ago, let’s not forget!)

Nice to hear Stone Roses with a singer who can hold a tune :) but to me it’s the aural equivalent of a police artist’s impression of a Stone Roses track.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    On the whole I like it. Intro is too long and I'm not sure about the solo, either. I love his swirly rhythm sound and all the backwards echo stuff, though. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I thought the snippets sounded very much like Who Feels Love and had the SOTSOG vibes. But actually I like it a lot. It’s very Roses and that’s a good thing to me. I do like the first part of the solo as well, and there is some great drumming on the track. Shame this wasn’t the roses come back single 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    edited January 5 tFB Trader
    It might grow on me, but just now it’s too close to the Seahorses in terms of the music (obviously with a different singer). I think if it was a minute shorter it would be better, just my take though 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4704

It might grow on me too but first listen was a bit disappointing.  Sounds pretty unoriginal and derivative.   

Liam might be able to sing better than Ian Brown but I struggle with the nasal tone.

That said it’s not terrible, and it may get better with a few listens.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    It's alright, a bit cut n paste pastiche maybe. It's more interesting than I thought it would be actually.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    It's like Shoulders of Giants-era Oasis playing Waterfall and Rain at the same time, and ending up with something significantly less impressive. The solo sounds like Squire, but it's also mostly fairly generic pentatonic widdle, which I guess is pretty representative of Squire for the last 30 years or so. 

Better than I expected, if I'm honest, but not something I'm expecting to be listening to in a year's time. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    Just seen John Squire is in next month’s Guitarist magazine, out 2nd Feb…

The Stone Roses legend tells all about a very exciting forthcoming album release and gives us a tour around his guitar collection
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom