Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4144
    Shame.   I don't think I could name a single song. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23300
    Shame.   I don't think I could name a single song. 
    They'd probably give you some time to learn them if you asked nicely.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5565
    You don't have to name any songs. That's the lead singer's job. He says "And .. er ... yeah. How you going? Alright? It's great to be back in ... um ... (checks notes) ... Birmingham! Um .... this one .. er .. this one's called  .... mumble .... "

That's when you kick in with the guitar riff. A couple of bars later the drummer joins in. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, as their guitarist, you'd be busy in the studio; they're well into layering and overdubbing the living crap out of their tracks with tons of 'shoegaze' guitar, which would probably mean going mental on a looper pedal at gigs. Not a massive fan of their stuff; it's all a bit 'meh' compared to some other bands which do the same thing with better and more memorable melodies. They have sold a lot of albums, but then again Dan Brown sells a lot of copies of his books and it doesn't mean they're well written or worth reading.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6958
    I’m more of a thumping gourds man.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27379
    I'd be up for that. A load of good songs and - crucially - an opportunity to hear them with Corgan's vocals WAY down in the mix :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Wow, alot of hate for a band here.... 
    edited January 6
    Jetfire said:
    No there isn't. MMT is a bit lukewarm (a very long way away from hate) two of us are not familiar with them, @mrkb's post is too cryptic for me to understand, two offer no comment, and SF likes them. How you manage to get "hate" out of that is beyond me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24853
    edited January 6
    Would they be prepared to move over here, only tour Northern England and start playing blues? If so, I’m in!
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27379
    I don't like actually like SP that much. I really want to because the best songs themselves are fantastic, but I can't stand Corgan's voice. I'm genuinely hoping I'll eventually come around to it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1512
    Homer Simpson, smiling politely. 

I’m a fan up to the early 2000s, but it’s not like they’d want me anyway. And I’m not sure I’d be up to the job tbh. Touring with Billy Corgan would be…different. 

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • trevAtrevA Frets: 42
    Must pay reasonably well though.... unless it's a Sharon and Ozzy style gig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Tannin said:
    Jetfire said:
    No there isn't. MMT is a bit lukewarm (a very long way away from hate) two of us are not familiar with them, @mrkb's post is too cryptic for me to understand, two offer no comment, and SF likes them. How you manage to get "hate" out of that is beyond me. 
    *Pedantic handbag motion*
    "It's beyond me Mable!!"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Now you are just making shit up. Oh well, whatever floats your boat.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetfire said:
    Wouldn't say it's exactly hate; they're just a bit mediocre in comparison to other bands in the same musical genre. Mostly harmless, as Douglas Adams would say.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 364
    Jetfire said:
    Wouldn't say it's exactly hate; they're just a bit mediocre in comparison to other bands in the same musical genre. Mostly harmless, as Douglas Adams would say.
    Or you don't get it. It's all a matter of opinion after all. If you've really listened to Siamese Dream and I mean really listened, I'm not sure how you can get to mediocre. Not for you, sure, but some of the iconic songs, melodies, vibes, guitar and drum parts and sounds of that era, however mediocre you find them.
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7181
    I love early Pumpkins albums, but the modern stuff not so much.

Jeff Schroeder will be a hard one to replace, as he is a good player and apparently (he is mates with my friend Jay) a really nice guy. 

Be interesting to see who they pick.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3295
    Corgan wouldn’t want me, we share the same hair stylist so risk being mistaken for Right Said Fred. 
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 364
    Mediocrity warning:

Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 756
    edited January 6
    I always, accidentally, call them THE Smashing Pumpkins, which makes it quite different. Those Pumpkins were simply smashing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom