Anyone looking for a new gig?

What's Hot

Comments

• borntohangborntohang Frets: 161
    I got tagged in the ad by a couple mates, which was sweet of them, but they already have a bald guy so I think my gimmick is taken. I'd have to be Brit Spice and nobody wants that.

I got rid of all my matrix cosplay gear years ago anyway.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23493
    roberty said:
    topdog91 said:
    Yes, the conceptual masterpiece which sold over five million copies, what was that idiot thinking with his shitty overthinking songwriting process not using ideas from his head?
    Sorry if my opinion disturbed you so much, I didn't have such intention.
    Disturbed! Now there's a great band
    They've only got one song, but it's a good one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 381
    I got tagged in the ad by a couple mates, which was sweet of them, but they already have a bald guy so I think my gimmick is taken.
    Hasn't stopped Chappers from having a go. (I also thought about it then guessed that BC would want to be the only bald one.)
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • distresseddistressed Frets: 551
    Mate, no passive aggressiveness here at all or anything, but that riff really does sound quite Pumpkinsy! I like it.

He uses octaves in this way too fairly often and I could name four or five songs that are similar to what you wrote in some way. Cherub Rock, Drown, Rhinoceros, 1979. It is a bit funny that you hate the music and then you write a riff that sounds like them! That is a bit ironic isn't it :) 

I'm not using octaves in that song at all, it's droning D string and everything happens on a G. More of a 80s post-punk thing (major or minor). I don't know if Corgan uses that frequently, but that particular style of playing precedes him for sure. Regarding major stuff, I've already mentioned what are my influences.

Don't know what to say really, I had similar situation here recently when I was convinced that EVH is global influence on guitarists, so that I'm influenced by him as well, despite the fact that neither I nor anyone from my circle of peers has ever listened to him :/
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 161
    topdog91 said:
    I got tagged in the ad by a couple mates, which was sweet of them, but they already have a bald guy so I think my gimmick is taken.
    Hasn't stopped Chappers from having a go. (I also thought about it then guessed that BC would want to be the only bald one.)
    I'd have had the decency to have a fresh head shave at least. He really put a whole 35% into that video didn't he? Hope his full tape was a bit more pro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10374
    edited January 8
    topdog91 said:
    I'd have had the decency to have a fresh head shave at least. He really put a whole 35% into that video didn't he? Hope his full tape was a bit more pro.
    I wonder if he just sent them an Andertons video of them playing the Miku and giggling. 
  • Steve Lukather is frothing hard over this! 
    (Big fan).
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4947
    My thougths as I've read this thread:

I was never a fan of Smashing Pumpkins, but 1979 will probably always make my top 10 tunes of the nineties list. It just takes me straight back to that era.

Disarm, Mayo and Tonight Tonight were pretty great too actually, might listen to them now in the interest of nostalgia for happier years...

Woah, never realised how much The Arcade Fire owe their career to Tonight Tonight...

I wonder if Corgan would let me have his Roland Double Beat Fuzz Wah, should never have sold mine...

Well even if not, this would be a great excuse to finally buy a Skreddy Mayo, wonder if there are any on Reverb at the moment, I should buy one...

*looks on Reverb*

Damn, only one available, over £500  :s

Oh well, what's for tea?

I have a Mayo, it's great, however I recently bought a PastFX M1A and its very, very similar. It's louder and the tone stack is bass and treble rather than a single knob, but in a blind test you'd be hard pushed to pick the Mayo out. It's also around £112 of your English pounds delivered from Oz. Give it a whirl.....

I'm considering selling my Mayo at this point :)

P.s. With regards the actual thread, The Pumpkins are great /thread. ;)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1011
    tonight is a fantastic track both music and the video.

i think they are great.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1011
    thought i would put this up for anyone who hasn't seen it it is quite touching 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyjBDmEcKAE&ab_channel=SmashingPumpkins
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10374
    thought i would put this up for anyone who hasn't seen it it is quite touching 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyjBDmEcKAE&ab_channel=SmashingPumpkins
    Yea I remember that, it was great for him to get that guitar back. 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6566
    topdog91 said:
    I am shocked by how poor that video is. A guy with Rob’s video-making AND music industry experience thinks THAT is going to turn Corgan’s head?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1964
    Dont know much about Chappers further than posts about him here and some older youtube vids, but his alleged application to join the Smashing Pumpkins is a superb bit of self publicity, whether intended or not.
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 410
    Dont know much about Chappers further than posts about him here and some older youtube vids, but his alleged application to join the Smashing Pumpkins is a superb bit of self publicity, whether intended or not.
    100% intended…
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2347
    I’d be very shocked if they choose him! 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8831
    I’d be very shocked if they choose him! 
    So would he :naughty: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4003
    He should offer to take over on vocals as well given that everyone finds Corgan a bit strident
  • Boromedic said:
    My thougths as I've read this thread:

I was never a fan of Smashing Pumpkins, but 1979 will probably always make my top 10 tunes of the nineties list. It just takes me straight back to that era.

Disarm, Mayo and Tonight Tonight were pretty great too actually, might listen to them now in the interest of nostalgia for happier years...

Woah, never realised how much The Arcade Fire owe their career to Tonight Tonight...

I wonder if Corgan would let me have his Roland Double Beat Fuzz Wah, should never have sold mine...

Well even if not, this would be a great excuse to finally buy a Skreddy Mayo, wonder if there are any on Reverb at the moment, I should buy one...

*looks on Reverb*

Damn, only one available, over £500  :s

Oh well, what's for tea?

I have a Mayo, it's great, however I recently bought a PastFX M1A and its very, very similar. It's louder and the tone stack is bass and treble rather than a single knob, but in a blind test you'd be hard pushed to pick the Mayo out. It's also around £112 of your English pounds delivered from Oz. 
    Interesting, I'll check this out Al  :)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16319
    I've not seen the Chappers video but it feels unlikely that he would register on their radar. However, it would be interesting to see how a pro guitarist would approach this, what their video would look like. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1964
    I've not seen the Chappers video but it feels unlikely that he would register on their radar. However, it would be interesting to see how a pro guitarist would approach this, what their video would look like. 
    Probably completely the opposite way of Chappers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom