Chappers for the Pumpkins

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5192
    I might audition…..if there’s call for 3/4’s of Wind Cries Mary in their set….. :#
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Philly_Q said:
    Personally, I'm going to have to go with a no, and I don't think they'd go for it. I think it would be a distraction too because there would be backlash. 
    I wonder if anyone in the USA knows who Chappers is?
    Probably some because of the Andertons YouTube stuff but other than that not a lot, but I imagine lots of fans here would voice their opinions. It won't happen anyway. 
    Andertons does seem to have a lot of US viewers and guitar stuff in general on YouTube seems to get American audiences (TPS has a majority of American viewers for example) so I guess he will be known by some. Chapman guitars had a US launch a few years ago, not sure how successful that was. Although I don't imagine that the Pumpsters are particularly looking for someone who will bring an audience with them. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7863

I like him.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12978
    Fishboy7 said:
    I'm pretty sure he isn't serious.  
    This. 

Its genuinely incredible the seethe that a man whose worst crime seems to be "plays guitar in YouTube videos that nobody is in any way obliged to watch" generates.

Did I honestly read someone describe his clearly not entirely serious Instagram post as "publically pressuring" the Smashing Pumpkins? For real? 

Jesus Christ folks, calm the fuck down. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    Schnozz said:
    They might know Rob in the USA as he’s played with Alice Cooper on recordings that have done quite well, Actually very well financially.
    That's Rob Zombie - We're talking ole Chappers here.
    Yes I know I meant Rob Chappers Chapman guitars . 
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 364
    edited January 11
    Fishboy7 said:
    This. 

Its genuinely incredible the seethe that a man whose worst crime seems to be "plays guitar in YouTube videos that nobody is in any way obliged to watch" generates.

But it's not his worst "crime", is it?
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1925
    Fishboy7 said:
    This. 

Did I honestly read someone describe his clearly not entirely serious Instagram post as "publically pressuring" the Smashing Pumpkins? For real? 

I'm not sure you realise how this internet thingy operates.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3297
    edited January 11

Newsflash...

Just been confirmed Danish Pete has got the gig.

Corgan and co have just released the following statement:
    ‘We have long been fans. All of us loved his work with Westlife, Roman Keating, Girls Aloud and Atomic Kitten to name but a few. We just knew he was the right fit for us and with a resume like that we had to have him.’
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10848
    tFB Trader
    Fishboy7 said:
    This. 

Well we just proved that if a band want's free publicity then all they have to do is recruit a 'divisive figure' and the neural synapses of the interwebs will go into glorious meltdown. Modern celebrity breathes and thrives on the oxygen of division.

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 93
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Fishboy7 said:
    This. 

lol, he has said that he has emailed his info over to them and wanted to “reach out” with his instagram post as well. So, yes.. he’s made a bit of a spectacle about it coming across like a fanboy. And if he isn’t being serious then I’m not sure what you’d call it.

In order to “calm the fuck down”, one has to be excited. Which I guarantee you none of us here are ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 871
    He's doing that Schrodinger's Dickhead thing where a person changes the intention of what they said depending on the reaction. If nothing happens then he can say, "OMG of course I was joking...you people are unbelievable. Honestly." but if he got a whiff of Corgan's Big Muff do you think we'd ever hear the end of, "You know I was in talks with the Smashing Pumpkins but sadly we couldn't make it work as the Madison Square Garden gig clashed with my Andertons TV LandlordFX Blindfold challenge."
    18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • He stated that he emailed an application.. thus one would have to assume he's serious...  

..and then let it be known in the public domain...

so now when he doesn't get the job the internetz can point and laugh, right??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31752
    "Schrodinger's Dickhead", perfect!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4290
    lol, he has said that he has emailed his info over to them and wanted to “reach out” 
    Really you should only do that if you're trying to get the Four Tops gig.....
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2539
    Billy Corgan called Chappers, asked if he still had Rabea Masaad’s phone number
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12978
    Fishboy7 said:
    This. 

I'm not sure you realise how this internet thingy operates.
    Sadly I do. I'm just growing intolerant of the permanent knicker wetting round here. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4162
    Can't we just get on with our sad old pentatonic noodling without such jealous bitter bedwetters?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • On a side note, stick Wes Borland in there and see what happens
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23316
    On a side note, stick Wes Borland in there and see what happens
    That's a very interesting suggestion!