Chappers for the Pumpkins

What's Hot

Comments

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 388
    Oh I dunno, Girls Aloud had a few riffs in them...

"I'm just a love machine...", etc etc...
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12111
    mo6020 said:

You are?

You're making me blush dude.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10357

Easier on the eye than the Pumpkins as well... 
    Yea but D'Arcy was beautiful and cool as fuck. 

image.png 68.8K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7395
    mo6020 said:

You are?

You're making me blush dude.
    https://i.postimg.cc/52PNJtxF/IMG-0043.gif 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited January 11
    mo6020 said:

Im old school Love Macheen man.
    https://youtu.be/FAaTp_WCREw?si=0OF23F0mXOshTqHM
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12111

Wis.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1060
    I hear it’s between him and Richard Madeley 
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1920
    mo6020 said:
    loved his work with Westlife, Roman (sic) Keating, Girls Aloud and Atomic Kitten to name but a few.
    These are always high on the namecheck list for every guitarist citing their influences.
    You say that, and while it's not my jam either, I suspect that getting session work with them is still highly competitive, not to mention the other folks he's worked with (Tom Jones, particularly).
    Whats New? Pussycat.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Wis.
    Wis right back atcha! :love: 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23297
    It don't really think of them as a band since D'Arcy left.  SP was probably always a Billy dictatorship really, but the original lineup seemed like a proper band, if only because we didn't know any better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24704
    What's wrong with just sticking with the 2 guitarists. It wasn't a hindrance in the past!
    Maybe they want to cover Freebird
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    It don't really think of them as a band since D'Arcy left.  SP was probably always a Billy dictatorship really, but the original lineup seemed like a proper band, if only because we didn't know any better.
    On Gish and Siamese Dream Billy recorded everything except the drums. They did jam stuff and contribute ideas but Billy had the final say and that was it. It did create tension but if you're Billy Corgan and you're this genius, and you know exactly what things need to sound like, and you've made it clear that this is the way things are going to be and the band has accepted that why would you change that vision for your other band mates when everyone knows that you're the main guy and they've agreed to be in the band under those conditions?

No one would bat an eyelid if it was called the Billy Corgan Band just like no one bats an eyelid if David Bowie tells his band exactly how the song is going to go. That's the arrangement. 

Look at the output, it speaks for itself. would James Iha have been able to come up with a better solo than the one on Soma? Would his songs have been better than Drown? I doubt it. He might have pissed people off in the process but the music speaks for itself and they're all friends now so I say, Billy was right. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23297
    Philly_Q said:
    On Gish and Siamese Dream Billy recorded everything except the drums. They did jam stuff and contribute ideas but Billy had the final say and that was it. It did create tension but if you're Billy Corgan and you're this genius, and you know exactly what things need to sound like, and you've made it clear that this is the way things are going to be and the band has accepted that why would you change that vision for your other band mates when everyone knows that you're the main guy and they've agreed to be in the band under those conditions?

No one would bat an eyelid if it was called the Billy Corgan Band just like no one bats an eyelid if David Bowie tells his band exactly how the song is going to go. That's the arrangement. 

Look at the output, it speaks for itself. would James Iha have been able to come up with a better solo than the one on Soma? Would his songs have been better than Drown? I doubt it. He might have pissed people off in the process but the music speaks for itself and they're all friends now so I say, Billy was right. 
    Not arguing!  =)  But as I said, it seemed like a proper band in those early days - even though that was a false impression. 
    I think there are many bands like that, where one or maybe two guys essentially do everything and the others turn up for the photo sessions and the tours.
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1578

I think there are many bands like that, where one or maybe two guys essentially do everything and the others turn up for the photo sessions and the tours.

Yes, very much so. In fact, way more often than is made public.

And they often start as a ‘proper’ band, before the talent takes the lead. And rightly so (that sounds uncharitable, but is often the truth).
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

Not arguing!    But as I said, it seemed like a proper band in those early days - even though that was a false impression. 
    No didn't think you were, just giving a passionate opinion on it!

I agree. Oasis are a good example of that too I guess?
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1920
    The Chumping Smashkins.
  • vizviz Frets: 10754
    What's wrong with just sticking with the 2 guitarists. It wasn't a hindrance in the past!
    Or getting Janick Gers
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1409
    viz said:
    Or getting Janick Gers
    In Iron Maiden's case, it makes sense!
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5066
    Reverend said:
    Philly_Q said:
    On a side note, stick Wes Borland in there and see what happens
    It's way beyond Wes. I doubt they want someone to do anything complicated and despite what some people seem to think, he is a very good guitarist. 
    I think Jeff Schroeder, the guy they're replacing, was a pretty advanced player (going entirely on what I've read rather than anything I've heard) - although I have no idea what his actual role was within SP.  I would guess the role might be to play some complicated stuff, but no creative input required or wanted.
    Also, I'd imagine Corgan would probably want someone with a lot of common ground musically? Malmsteen, Sherman/Denner, TIpton/Downing, Lynch etc?
    I would put money on Billy not wanting Maimsteen or anyone like him.
    I know if I had a band I wouldn’t want him anywhere near it.
    no but he'd want someone that knows this music. He is an old school metal head. The music that he waxes lyrical about is Sabbath and Priest. SP may not sound like that but you can bet its the DNA. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7861
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom