PRS and Gibson are arguing Trademarks again...

What's Hot

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    elstoof said:
    Companies employ lawyers to protect their business 24 hours a day, none of them issued a statement about this. The only reason we’re aware is because some bored journo with nothing better to write about needed “news” for clicks
    https://news.bloomberglaw.com/ip-law/fight-over-gibsons-theodore-guitar-mark-triggers-severed-case

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2483
    Sorry women, PMT is already taken

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    May be I should sue all Violin makers for taking half my name! 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22879
    stonevibe said:
    elstoof said:
    Companies employ lawyers to protect their business 24 hours a day, none of them issued a statement about this. The only reason we’re aware is because some bored journo with nothing better to write about needed “news” for clicks
    https://news.bloomberglaw.com/ip-law/fight-over-gibsons-theodore-guitar-mark-triggers-severed-case
    Brilliant that they illustrated that article with a stock image of some Gibson headstocks... Firebird X headstocks.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Philly_Q said:
    stonevibe said:
    elstoof said:
    Brilliant that they illustrated that article with a stock image of some Gibson headstocks... Firebird X headstocks.

Yeah, I chuckled...

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10455
    tFB Trader
    Is it just me or is the Theodore so bloody ugly is should have stayed an undiscovered design? It's basically shaped like Zoidburg's head while reclining

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22879
    edited January 12
    Is it just me or is the Theodore so bloody ugly is should have stayed an undiscovered design? 
    I thought the same when they launched it, but after watching a few review videos it grew on me.  Way too expensive to ever buy one, though, so it's kind of academic whether I like it or not.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3496
    Is it just me or is the Theodore so bloody ugly is should have stayed an undiscovered design? It's basically shaped like Zoidburg's head while reclining

Good to see John F*cking Zoidberg referenced here. My user name is a joke from Futurama. 
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 128

I always thought it was very similar to a Rickenbacker 400.

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Could Agnesi please make a video explaining this to us?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11724
    S56035 said:
    Shame there is no snooze or bored emojis on the forum.
    Indeed.  I would like to petition the tFB Overlords for a "Don't Give A Fuck" emoji.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    PRS should just up and wait until the Theodore dies of natural causes.

In some respects, the Theodore body shape reminds me of pre-existing designs from other companies. With a bit of sculpting, it might resemble the Tokai Talbo from the Eighties. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Like anyone cares, or would be confused by the vaguely similar, crappy names they give their guitars.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    edited January 12
    Got to laugh at the irony of Gibson claiming against PRS for the name of a finish used on a guitar that is blatant copy of a Stratocaster, while Fender just has to sit there and watch it be the biggest selling guitar on Reverb for 2 years straight!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11724
    edited January 12
    PRS should just up and wait until the Theodore dies of natural causes.

In some respects, the Theodore body shape reminds me of pre-existing designs from other companies. With a bit of sculpting, it might resemble the Tokai Talbo from the Eighties. 
    Actually that's an interesting point FF.  I wonder how well those monstrosities have sold?  I'm struggling to think why anyone other than a non-playing collector, Trogly, or a flipper would buy one.

Anyone on here want to 'fess up to owning one?!
  • I wonder when Gibson  get around to suing all those copy makers for stealing their trademark 'inability to stay in tune' feature?
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    Got to laugh at the irony of Gibson claiming against PRS for the name of a finish used on a guitar that is blatant copy of a Stratocaster, while Fender just has to sit there and watch it be the biggest selling guitar on Reverb for 2 years straight!
    Sure, but PRS only makes 2 Silver Skies, while Fender makes 1,462,845,009 different flavours of Strat. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    Tannin said:
    Gibson's lawyers should go and work for Donald Trump. They are on about his level.

Absolute nonsense.

Lawyers are not the client / party. They take instructions from their client and do as they are told.
    Every lawyer on earth has argued for a point on Monday and against it on Tuesday. That's the job.

What next? Accuse lawyers of being murderers just because they represent an alleged murderer?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424
    Sure, but PRS only makes 2 Silver Skies, while Fender makes 1,462,845,009 different flavours of Strat. 
    It probably also means that the Silver Sky is probably one of the most flipped…
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    stonevibe said:
    I just think they waste so much time and money over this rubbish 
    Irony Alert!

Why on earth did you write your blog about it then?

elstoof said:
    It's the OP's own site. He is the journo.

He posted it here for the clicks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom