tFB south eastern jam session at Powerhouse Studios, Weybridge on Sat 25th May 2024 12-5pm.

What's Hot
NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 878
edited May 24 in Events
I've really enjoyed being part of the Bristol jams. Would be great to get another jam session going in the Woking/HW/Reading area. 

If you are interested let me know?! 

2 rooms (large and small) have been booked at Powerhouse Studios, Weybridge from 12noon-5pm. Full drum kit, PA and microphones included. 
https://powerhouse-studios.co.uk/rehearsal-rooms/

Confirmed attendance from - 

@TeleKinesis ;;
@Jonathangus ;;
@lovestrat74 ;;
@sev112 ;;
@soma1975 ;;
@grappagreen ;;
@cathodyne ;;
@prowla ;;
@Neilybob ;;

Total 9

Lets make some noise!!!
Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes, absolutely! Sorry to have missed the last HW one - double booked at the last minute.

I've not been to a jam night before that wasn't with people I know. Is there a usual format for it? E.g. some covers known in advance, 12 bar blues or just ad-hoc?

And are amps usually provided by rehearsal space or do people bring their own?

Sorry for all the questions :smile: 

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 878
    edited February 8
    Yes, absolutely! Sorry to have missed the last HW one - double booked at the last minute.

I've not been to a jam night before that wasn't with people I know. Is there a usual format for it? E.g. some covers known in advance, 12 bar blues or just ad-hoc?

Sorry for all the questions smile 

I can only advise how we run the Bristol one where we ask everyone to nominate songs they get collated into a spreadsheet with roles (vocals, drummer, bass, lead guitar, rhythm) and then people put their names down for roles. Any song that isn't completed gets dropped and if any song is popular we can have multiple run through with different people. 

Some people prefer to bring their own amps and allow others to use them but rehearse venues often make amps available also. 

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7131
    Had the last one at WaterRats music studio in Woking. Was a great event. I’d be up for another one there.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4833
    At Water Rats it's been a slightly different thing in that we've had the rooms downstairs for general mucking about with gear, etc., plus the recording studio upstairs.  So it costs a bit more than the DIY approach at Bristol, but it's a cool setup.

Anyway, colour me interested.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2616
    Count me in Neil :+1: 

People!!! Superb. 

Happy to take the consensus on a venue. 

Let's make it happen.  

flanging_fed “
    Tagging people from HW gear fest. 

flanging_fed “

flanging_fed “
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8213
    I’d be up for it ;)
  • Neilybob said:

I can only advise how we run the Bristol one where we ask everyone to nominate songs they get collated into a spreadsheet with roles (vocals, drummer, bass, lead guitar, rhythm) and then people put their names down for roles. Any song that isn't completed gets dropped and if any song is popular we can have multiple run through with different people. 

Some people prefer to bring their own amps and allow others to use them but rehearse venues often make amps available also. 
    That all sounds great :+1: 

Thank you
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7059
    Definitely in @Neilybob ;

Somewhere with clearly marked parking would be ace!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • allenallen Frets: 777
    I am game. I can't remember why I failed to go to the high wycombe one so sorry about that.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2897
    Yes please :)
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8213
    Yay, looking good!!
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7059
    This feels like enough people already :)
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So the next question is when? 

Obviously we need sometime to suggest songs and then to learn them. I'm thinking probably April or May time? 

What do we all think?

flanging_fed “
    April May good choice, after Easter but not into Summer hols formpeople
    And then do people prefer a Saturday or Sunday for this shindig? 

flanging_fed “
    Sat pref but could do Sun :)
  • Sounds good! I could only do weekend of 27th/28th for April, any time in May looks fine.

No preference on Sat / Sun.

Cheers!