tFB south eastern jam session at Powerhouse Studios, Weybridge on Sat 25th May 2024 12-5pm.

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleKinesisTeleKinesis Frets: 22
    Yep, two rooms sounds good :+1: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 320
    edited May 22
    This actually sounds fun & I’m tempted. I can jump on a train from Vauxhall & be there around 1pm.

The only problem is my social anxiety just exploded even writing that first sentence. Oh, and my inner voice telling me I’m rubbish & I’ll embarrass myself is also raging 

if I were in, what do I need to prepare beforehand?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4984
    My plan is to bring a couple of basses, my pedalboard, a couple of amps, and a couple of 1x12 cabs.
    But if it's a gearfest, then that leaves me with decisions on what to bring - who knows what'll make it into the car!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I was going to bring my Tele, bass and some pedals. Nothing unusual in there really. Wasn't originally going to bother with amp or cab, as some provided and assumed it would get crowded. Might now bring a small amp head as I'm interested to see what it sounds like at volume.

The only problem is my social anxiety just exploded even writing that first sentence. Oh, and my inner voice telling me I’m rubbish & I’ll embarrass myself is also raging 

Well you're not alone on that :smile: 

Not played in a situation like this for a long time, and not had as much time to practice as I would have liked. But I'm sure there's stuff to be learned in the process for next time!
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 854

Not played in a situation like this for a long time, and not had as much time to practice as I would have liked. But I'm sure there's stuff to be learned in the process for next time!
    I honestly don't any of this too seriously, the aim for me is to have fun. We aren't playing to a crowd or filming any of it which takes the pressure off. 

@Revolutions I was like that before I took the plunge and played with others. You are more than welcome to join us and see how the day goes. If you need collecting from the station, let us know. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I was going to bring my Tele, bass and some pedals. Nothing unusual in there really. Wasn't originally going to bother with amp or cab, as some provided and assumed it would get crowded. Might now bring a small amp head as I'm interested to see what it sounds like at volume.
    What amp are you bringing? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Neilybob said:

I honestly don't any of this too seriously, the aim for me is to have fun. We aren't playing to a crowd or filming any of it which takes the pressure off. 

@Revolutions I was like that before I took the plunge and played with others. You are more than welcome to join us and see how the day goes. If you need collecting from the station, let us know. 
    What sort of music do you play? Covers or your own things?
    Neilybob said:
    I've got a Blackstar HT-5 Mk2 head, a 1x12 cab and an Orange Micro Dark. The Orange is small enough to bring in a bag, and someone might be interested to see what it's like.

In two minds about the Blackstar ... as remarked on another thread, I'm not sure if it's loud enough to keep up in a band situation. This'll be a good test though! Realistically it'll depend on how much I can fit in the car on the day.
    Neilybob said:
    I've got a Blackstar HT-5 Mk2 head, a 1x12 cab and an Orange Micro Dark. The Orange is small enough to bring in a bag, and someone might be interested to see what it's like.

In two minds about the Blackstar ... as remarked on another thread, I'm not sure if it's loud enough to keep up in a band situation. This'll be a good test though! Realistically it'll depend on how much I can fit in the car on the day.
    I had the Blackstar HT-5 MK1 and my mate let me try it through his Mesa 4x12.  Sounded amazing. 

I also used to owned the Orange Jim Root Terror head and I loved it. Just wish I could have put the gain knob into a volume style pedal. Great fun. 
    FYI but I do encourage you to bring your own as there is nothing quite like hearing your own setup at full volume.

On the Powerhouse studio website it says -  

Powerhouse has 6 spacious rehearsal rooms fitted with everything you need to practice efficiently, loudly and comfortably. 

REHEARSING AT POWERHOUSE
    At Powerhouse we are known for and take pride in our customer service and our knowledge of music equipment. Each room comes with all the supplies you’ll need, plus an experienced engineer to assist you.

PA SYSTEM
    Every room comes with a fully functioning PA system, a mixing desk and spatial effects.

MICROPHONES
    Each room also comes with 2x Microphones as standard, along with XLR cables.

AMPS
    We have an extensive backline of Amplifiers including combos and heads/cabs for both Guitar and Bass
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6982
    edited May 22
    This actually sounds fun & I’m tempted. I can jump on a train from Vauxhall & be there around 1pm.

if I were in, what do I need to prepare beforehand?
    Mate, we all (well most of us) feel like this. Honestly, it's a safe space to have a bit of fun. There's no willy waving or showing off. Last one I went to there was all manner of fancy gear there and loads of cheap and DIY stuff that was just as much fun to have a play with. As for playing, it sounds like we'll work it out on the day but it's worth coming just to hang out and talk nerdy guitar shit. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Bringing my 20w Marshall and finally turning it up was amazing at the last one. Do it! 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2839
    I’ve got a bad back, so I will be coming LITE :)  
    soma1975 said:
    Bringing my 20w Marshall and finally turning it up was amazing at the last one. Do it! 
    Haha, alright then!

One thing that's been interesting this week is playing bass with pedals that don't usually sit on the board. A harmoniser, for instance. Sounded pretty cool with triggering fifths on a momentary press :grin: 
    sev112 said:
    I’ve got a bad back, so I will be coming LITE :)  
    Sorry to hear that. 
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 320
    Neilybob said:
    Very much a career of playing my own things. I don’t think I know any covers from start to finish. But I looked at the list of songs, no reason why I couldn’t learn some of them.

Also, thanks @Neilybob @TeleKinesis @soma1975 - appreciate the friendly atmosphere. I’ll have a think tomorrow. I’m itching to get back out & playing again. Barely done anything with others since Covid,
    Neilybob said:
    Very much a career of playing my own things. I don’t think I know any covers from start to finish. But I looked at the list of songs, no reason why I couldn’t learn some of them.

Also, thanks @Neilybob @TeleKinesis @soma1975 - appreciate the friendly atmosphere. I’ll have a think tomorrow. I’m itching to get back out & playing again. Barely done anything with others since Covid,
    Awwww aren't we a lovely bunch :+1: 
     I don’t think I know any covers from start to finish. 
    Same

With Revolutions "maybe" we are back to 9! :smile: