tFB south eastern jam session at Powerhouse Studios, Weybridge on Sat 25th May 2024 12-5pm.

What's Hot

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 823
    Also you seem to have me down for rhythm on Wayward Son.  And not down for vocals on Wishlist.
    I gotta stop drinking! Lol I'll correct this today. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2536
    soma1975 said:
    Finally got round to looking at Wishlist today. All very nice and simple and straightforward. 

As Who Knows and Hear my Train are just improv jams in D and E (flat, obviously) I think I'm good to go. 
    Hey Ben! What versions of these tracks are you basing the jam on so I can keep up with you ;)

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6845
    edited May 13
    soma1975 said:
    Finally got round to looking at Wishlist today. All very nice and simple and straightforward. 

As Who Knows and Hear my Train are just improv jams in D and E (flat, obviously) I think I'm good to go. 
    Hey Ben! What versions of these tracks are you basing the jam on so I can keep up with you ;)

Hi mate,

The ones off 'Songs for Groovy Children' but I'm just jamming along rather than playing all his licks or anything. Seeing as he never played either one the same way twice and I can't sing at all I figured it's just a nice jam in E and D(flat).

Here are the ones I was playing along to - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/40jbUjPPwDvtcYJMqjQDWS?si=0d230bcc8e714d90

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    soma1975 said:

Hi mate,

The ones off 'Songs for Groovy Children' but I'm just jamming along rather than playing all his licks or anything. Seeing as he never played either one the same way twice and I can't sing at all I figured it's just a nice jam in E and D(flat).

Here are the ones I was playing along to - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/40jbUjPPwDvtcYJMqjQDWS?si=0d230bcc8e714d90

:+1: 

Song list updated. 

Will have a look at filling a couple of bass roles. 

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4970
    Neilybob said:
    Song list updated. 

(I keep saying I can do Jailbreak!) :-)
    prowla said:
    Neilybob said:
    Song list updated. 

(I keep saying I can do Jailbreak!) :-)
    I am failing! Sorry, will update later 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleKinesisTeleKinesis Frets: 13
    I wasn't able to arrange drums practice this week, unfortunately. A lot of other life stuff happening.

Backing tracks are the way forward, then.

Looks like we still need some bass playing, so I'm happy to do that for Celebrity Hit List, Sweet Home Alabama and Wishlist.

Could look at other tracks, but I'll give other people a chance to jump in, if they want to.
    ^^^ Volunteering for bass on the above, unless anyone else wanted them.

Staying Out For The Summer doesn't have many takers - currently just Cathodyne and me playing to a backing track that doesn't exist yet. So I think drop that unless things change.
    @lovestrat74 I put the other version of Who Knows in that playlist purely because it's in tune. 

The other one is sort of half a semitone off and it does my head in. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    @lovestrat74 I put the other version of Who Knows in that playlist purely because it's in tune. 

The other one is sort of half a semitone off and it does my head in. 
    On both tunes I am not really sure what I am going to contribute seeing as Jimi was a genius, all-encompassing, one man orchestra!   
    I will widdle a bit. Then you widdle a bit. 

Then maybe we can play some guitar, I don't know. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Or tbh if you don't fancy it I'm genuinely happy to just hang out and talk gear and play on that Pearl Jam song. 

soma1975 said:
    Or tbh if you don't fancy it I'm genuinely happy to just hang out and talk gear and play on that Pearl Jam song. 

I'll wing it. I am sure we can make some beautiful noise together  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That's now made me think of the term 'widdle wing' for when Yngwie and Vai butcher a Hendrix tune as an encore at a G3 gig. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We are now down to 9! This works out £15 per person for the 2 rooms and a drum kit. 

Confirmed attendance from - 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I think I got all the updates but shout if I missed any.  

do we actually need a drum kit?

• allenallen Frets: 719
    Neilybob said:
    We are now down to 9! This works out £15 per person for the 2 rooms and a drum kit. 

VERY sorry, but I can't make it.
    edited May 16
    I have a couple of okay backing tracks of the Jimi tunes just extending them a bit then will stick them in a dropbox folder. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    allen said:
    Neilybob said:

VERY sorry, but I can't make it.
    Thanks for letting me know. 

Now 8