Recommended overdrive/boost pedal

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 283
    Following with interest. I find when using single coil guitars into my small 5w Marshall DSL it lacks a bit of punch for stuff like solos and cleans. 

Thinking of getting either the MXR Micro Amp or the TC Spark one mentioned above. Anyone tried those?
    The larger TC Spark is wonderful. I set my amp to clean-ish/edge of break-up and use the Spark to push it a bit further. On the clean setting with all controls at noon it just gives a bigger, fuller sound without messing with your basic tone. You can also set it for a mid boost or a 'fat' boost. Very versatile. One pedal I will never part with and pretty cheap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4789
    Following with interest. I find when using single coil guitars into my small 5w Marshall DSL it lacks a bit of punch for stuff like solos and cleans. 

Thinking of getting either the MXR Micro Amp or the TC Spark one mentioned above. Anyone tried those?
    The larger TC Spark is wonderful. I set my amp to clean-ish/edge of break-up and use the Spark to push it a bit further. On the clean setting with all controls at noon it just gives a bigger, fuller sound without messing with your basic tone. You can also set it for a mid boost or a 'fat' boost. Very versatile. One pedal I will never part with and pretty cheap.
    I like mine a lot, too. Versatile - but you have to pick your use case. Like this, pushing an amp that's on edge of breakup into breakup, it's great. Fat mode or Mid mode. It's how I use mine at the moment, too. Very organic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hoopshoops Frets: 224
    Mad Prof Twimble. Blatant advert for my ad in classifieds. Great pedal tho. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087

Yeah I went for the full-sized one in the end. Not had alot of time to play with it at the moment but when I had a quick go last week it sounded good. Just kicks more input into the amp especially on my single coil Telecaster. Mid is great for solos so a good one to kick on for that moment in a song.