EBay beware - cs Strat

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9316
This has appeared on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335275577177?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UOUDcDKnTqG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

Looks stunningly similar to this

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/255409/fs-fender-custom-shop-1960-relic-stratocaster-sold/p1

Of course, there’s the huge price increase - not sure if it’s a bedroom dealer?
More importantly, no mention of the refret, no mention of the change of radius as per the original ad.

Unfortunately, some poor person looking to buy their dream guitar will get conned.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1427
    It's always just a bit fucking sickening isn't it. Seller should name and shame the buyer so that we know who not to sell to!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    chris78 said:

More importantly, no mention of the refret, 

it does mention the S/S frets, which Im assuming dont come as standard, but not the radius................. seller's listed in Newquay !! 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 621
    It could have been sold a couple of times since it was on here and it could be he doesn’t know it’s radius has been changed.

You could contact him and tell him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3460
    5 month old photos? If you were selling that guitar you would at least take a photo of it, its not like every phone doesnt have a camera, that alone would put me off.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    They have an make an offer option and will pay fees, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

As once they've had an offer and paid the percentage, it will be a similar price to what it sold for here

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2863
    Ebay seller is a member on here isn't he? 

Albeit he's bought it and can do what he wants with it price wise.

I wonder if he would admit to the radius change / mods if asked on ebay. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    Seller is definitely one of our own…..They do mention SS frets in the title (but no mention of the new radius)…..I suppose it’s theirs to do with what they like….but the radius change is something that I’d want to know about before buying. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9316
    Penn said:
    It could have been sold a couple of times since it was on here and it could be he doesn’t know it’s radius has been changed.

Given he’s used the same photos as on here, I’d be hugely surprised if he doesn’t know…..

stonevibe said:
    They have an make an offer option and will pay fees, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

As once they've had an offer and paid the percentage, it will be a similar price to what it sold for here
    Price wise anyone can do what they want. To conceal modifications is the main issue.
    chris78 said:
    Penn said:

Given he’s used the same photos as on here, I’d be hugely surprised if he doesn’t know…..

stonevibe said:

Price wise anyone can do what they want. To conceal modifications is the main issue.
    It might be something they forgot to add, and this thread is beginning to sound like a bit of a witch hunt. 

For example, if I were about to spend money via eBay on any Custom Shop guitar, I would ask questions before making a bid, so I doubt anyone would get stung. And eBay favours the buyer in these cases, so they would be covered, etc 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    The re-radius in mentioned in the listing, which means - to anyone with a clue - that the refret also is, even if they don't know that the SS frets aren't original.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    The EBay ad has just be changed to reflect the new radius…..
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1427
    ICBM said:
    The re-radius in mentioned in the listing, which means - to anyone with a clue - that the refret also is, even if they don't know that the SS frets aren't original.
    The descriptions been edited since the original post above, likely due to the seller reading this thread.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10226
    edited March 2
    stonevibe said:

There's final value fee offers every other week. They could only be paying something like £60 fees on this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    nero1701 said:
    ICBM said:
    The descriptions been edited since the original post above, likely due to the seller reading this thread.
    Good result. 
  • Lawriejones1Lawriejones1 Frets: 137
    New eBay fees are 0.35% if final sale value. Before everyone dumps on the guy, if he clears £2,800 he’s losing cash.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11742
  • guitarblasterguitarblaster Frets: 381
    Hey guys, so yeah this was mine and I sold it a few weeks back on the forum for £2150 posted. Glad to see the fretboard radius change has been mentioned now in the advert. Good work. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    stonevibe said:

It’s the Fretboard though, tis where the moaning is done ;)

Looks like the guitar didn’t sell via the fretboard either and the lack of mention about the frets could be an honest listing mistake.

No one is getting conned… someone with £3k to spend on a 2nd hand fender should know what they’re looking at.
    edited March 2
    New eBay fees are 0.35% if final sale value. Before everyone dumps on the guy, if he clears £2,800 he’s losing cash.
    I’m a little confused about your Maths.
    The guitar sold here for £2150 according to the listing- edit, original seller now confirmed £2150.
    It’s listed at £3k. 
    EBay fees are 12.8% plus 30p. That means full fees would be £384.30, meaning he nets £2615.70.
    However, most people sell when they have 80% off fees. That would mean fees are £76.86.

As has been pointed out, if you buy something, it’s yours and you can charge what you like, but let’s not pretend the guy won’t do very well off a guitar he’s owned for a whopping 3 weeks
    edited March 2
    The Fretboard Gods have been offended by a potential profit based on a listing price for something that has yet to sell and will no doubt sell for much less than the top asking price on an eBay listing. 

We need a sacrifice to appease them! 

Bring forth the 'Chappers' 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom