Recommend me a reverb

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4702
in FX
I have had, and sold, Boss RV5 and TC Electronics HoF.  Both good but far too pristine sounding for me and my funny hearing.

I have reverb on the TMDR but only the one sort.  I want a bit more variety.

I'm thinking I want an analogue reverb but I haven't a clue where to start.  Or a good digital one that doesn't sound so perfect.

And not too complicated either.  Or too big.  Budget up to £300ish but quite happy to spend far less.
Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28373
    The T-Rex Roommate is a lovely warm lush thing. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9554
    After extensive, and expensive, research here are my recommendations;

UAFX Heavenly
    Neunaber Immerse MKii

Strymon Big Sky

The top two are truly the best, imho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Have a UA Evermore that I’ll be parting with, perfect condition. Hint hint. It’s based on the old 70’s lexicon early digital rooms/halls, so not perfect, dead easy to use, but pretty versatile with its separate frequency controls. 
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    Neunaber Immerse is the best compact reverb pedal, especially if you like studio plate style reverbs, or want to add delay repeats, or big ambient verb. It can do subtle or huge.

I do have one I am about to list for sale, but I’ d say the same if I wasn’t. 

Downsides of the Neunaber, no presets and no midi. But as an easy to control compact pedal, it’s really good.

The MXR M300 is also really good sounding.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Caroline have made a couple of reverbs. The current one the Meteore does a warm, lofi thing. I'm amazed how expensive they are these days but in your budget nonetheless.
    It is a Belton Brick delay and generally they are going to be in the ballpark of what you are describing. Some of them are esoteric or rare, some of them can come up as used bargains:

https://wolfewithane.com/pedalurgy-whats-a-belton-brick-reverb

I have the Malekko Spring Chicken V2 which I think cost about £50 used. It's not the most authentic spring simulation and you can just about hear it as as series of delays rather than as a smooth reverb but it is still in that warm, gritty area. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 273
    edited March 5
    rlw said:

I'm thinking I want an analogue reverb but I haven't a clue where to start.  
    I’m not sure you can get an analogue reverb short of either an actual spring tank (a sound you already have) or installing a massive plate unit or chamber in you space, can you?
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 266
    +1 for the T-Rex roommate. 

I also have the roommate junior (no valve) for the mobile board but the original with the bottle is definitely better. 
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    If not pristine is what you’re after then the Caroline Meteore is worth checking out
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4702
    dindude said:
    Have a UA Evermore that I’ll be parting with, perfect condition. Hint hint. It’s based on the old 70’s lexicon early digital rooms/halls, so not perfect, dead easy to use, but pretty versatile with its separate frequency controls. 

pm me with an idea of price please
    Matt_McG said:
    Neunaber Immerse is the best compact reverb pedal, especially if you like studio plate style reverbs, or want to add delay repeats, or big ambient verb. It can do subtle or huge.

I do have one I am about to list for sale, but I’ d say the same if I wasn’t. 

Downsides of the Neunaber, no presets and no midi. But as an easy to control compact pedal, it’s really good.

The MXR M300 is also really good sounding.

again, pm with an idea of price please.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    Neunaber immerse is immense.. I preferred it massively to the mxr300, rv6, hof 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    I was looking for one last year (settled for the HOF one and its great) but Strymon came up alot in recommendations.
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    UA Golden is absolutely top quality.  But the TC HOF is a great cheaper option.
    Hall of Fame is too bright for me.  I'm playing through a TMDR with the treble at 0 and the tone rolled back on the guitar, which is invariably an HB singlecut of some type.
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 960
    Catalinbread talisman has a preamp knob so you can add a bit of grit to the signal, might help avoid the pristineness (if that's a word). Only really a plate sound though, but a good one. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    After extensive, and expensive, research here are my recommendations;

UAFX Heavenly
    Neunaber Immerse MKii

Strymon Big Sky

The top two are truly the best, imho.
    That's good to hear. I've just snagged a Heavenly for a song off Fleabay.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Flint /thread
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    My favourite is the Milkman F-Stop, followed by the Flint. I'm contemplating buying a proper tank, tho... 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
    edited March 4
    I'm a bit conflicted by all this advice but I think I will try and find a Neunaber Immerse at not too silly a new price.  If I don't like it, it can then go back.
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    For me, the EHX Holy Grail, though digital, answers he question you're asking. And at around a third of your budget. I believe they do an analogue version but haven't tried it.