Recommend me a reverb

What's Hot

Comments

• personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 355
    Have always really liked the Rainger Reverb-X. Tiny foot print, can have it gated, distorted or modulated and comes with an expression controller and looks nice too. Quite reasonable power requirements as well

The Dreadbox Darkness is quite a nice stereo reverb. Have two knobs for the reverb though was a bit too much control for me that I never quite groked. Good for shimmer and lots of gate and filter controls if you don't mind menu diving.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MCluerMCluer Frets: 33
    Second vote for the Milkman F-Stop. Great sounding reverb and a brilliant tremolo comes with it too. Win/win.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4702
    But I have tremolo and spring reverb on the amp......
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 189
    edited March 4
    Clecko said:
    For me, the EHX Holy Grail, though digital, answers he question you're asking. And at around a third of your budget. I believe they do an analogue version but haven't tried it. 
    Holy Grail Neo is the one to get, with a plate setting rather than the weird flerb of the normal model. Can’t beat that or an RV-2 for beautiful sounding straight-up reverbs.
  • Mr_ClawMr_Claw Frets: 94
    The OP said HoF and RV5 were too pristine sounding, so with the best will in the world I really don't know why people are recommending the Neunaber Immerse. A completely brilliant reverb it is (I used to have one) but not what I'd recommend for those saying they don't want pristine. It's the definition of pristine-sounding.

The Météore is a good shot. I always found it a bit of a "smeared out" delay rather than a 'verb (technically 8ts a belton brick delay), but it certainly isn't pristine, so might do you. 

If you've got the cash then a decent spring emulator (or a actual spring like the Surfybear) might be the ticket. The UA Golden does an ace spring emulation and has an old Lexicon 12(?)bit Hall reverb setting. But its not a cheap pedal....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Mr_ClawMr_Claw Frets: 94
    Catalinbread talisman has a preamp knob so you can add a bit of grit to the signal, might help avoid the pristineness (if that's a word). Only really a plate sound though, but a good one. 
    The Talisman is a really good plate emulator. Not as good as the UA Golden, but it's still really good. And much cheaper. So a really good option. And as @Supportact says - you can add some gain. 
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2231
    edited March 5
    GFI Skylar is fantastic, hugely recommended, well within your budget.

EDIT: just read the original post again, the Skylar might not be what you’re looking for, great though it is.
    Mr_Claw said:
    The OP said HoF and RV5 were too pristine sounding, so with the best will in the world I really don't know why people are recommending the Neunaber Immerse. A completely brilliant reverb it is (I used to have one) but not what I'd recommend for those saying they don't want pristine. It's the definition of pristine-sounding.

The Météore is a good shot. I always found it a bit of a "smeared out" delay rather than a 'verb (technically 8ts a belton brick delay), but it certainly isn't pristine, so might do you. 

If you've got the cash then a decent spring emulator (or a actual spring like the Surfybear) might be the ticket. The UA Golden does an ace spring emulation and has an old Lexicon 12(?)bit Hall reverb setting. But its not a cheap pedal....

Thanks for the comments on the Immerse.  That's saved me from a potential loss ;)
    UAFX Heavenly is seemingly on offer at the moment so I will try one of those.  I certainly like the sounds in the promo video.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    rlw said:
    UAFX Heavenly is seemingly on offer at the moment so I will try one of those.  I certainly like the sounds in the promo video.
    Just received mine. Sounds great IF you like plate. We'll see if I get used to it after having played amp spring for so long. Start a thread and tag me and @Wazmeister for thoughts.
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    I’ve been enjoying the Boss RV-200 since its release.

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    EHX Holy Grail neo is a cracking little pedal.
    Mojo Hand Park Theater or Sub Decay Spring Theory can do the ambient reverb thing.
    Moose Electronics Reverb pedal. One knob. Sounds great.
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 189
    EHX Afterneath is something I enjoyed playing with. More usable than Caroline Meteore imo.
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    The Neunaber Immerse can do ambient as the reverb is modulated on some of the algorithms, and can sound very deep and lush. So it's not sterile or boring sounding.

But yeah, as @Mr_Claw says, it's not lofi. It's a very "studio" sounding reverb. It's definitely not like a Belton Brick reverb, or the OBNE pedals, or that sort of thing.
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 573
    I have tried about 20 different options and it came down to Flint or Mercury 7. Flint sits better than anything I have tried though so if you don't need anything mad then 70s plate just does it for me and 80s hall for bigger if needed. Then probably the UA Golden but I wanted MIDI and slightly smaller footprint.
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    I am in the same search as well… how about the Ventris options. They sound impressive but also command impressive prices…
  • ewalewal Frets: 2587
    Just on the Caroline Meteore option. I had one very briefly but as far as I remember, there was a fixed pre-delay I couldn't get on with. Just something to watch out for - it might not be a problem for you.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    For me, I found the reverb in the Flint a bit uninspiring. Definitely preferred the Neunaber (and some of the verbs in the HX Stomp).

The form factor and usability of the Flint, as a practical tool, is fantastic, though. The reverbs are good, just a bit flat for my taste. Flint is still an excellent choice.
    Ordered a UAFX Heavenly from G4M and I'll collect it later.  Report t/f in due course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11597
    tFB Trader
    Any love for the Digitech Polara or Digitech RV-7 Hardwire pedals with Lexicon reverb algorithms?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!