NGD: Daniel’s Jazzmaster -now with updated lava pics. :)

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3207
edited 10:31AM in Guitar
Updated pics in new post…

Those that have been here a while will know that I am terribly fickle with guitars, so I rarely do new guitar days as we all know what next month holds. However, I genuinely think this one is different and deserves some attention.

Thanks must go to the gent @skaguitar who I traded with for this fantastic Daniel’s Jazzmaster. I had lusted after it since @Danielsguitars ;;; posted build pics and am genuinely amazed I have been lucky enough to obtain it. I don’t think this one will be going anywhere. 

First impressions…lightest weight offset I have owned (and I’ve had ‘a few’). Balances perfectly, no shoulder ache, just beautiful. The neck is a work of art, incredible flame and marking…but the feel. I said this to Darren in an email earlier today: it feels like home. I genuinely don’t know how else to describe it, perfectly full but not excessive and just right. I love it. 

Sounds incredible. Had band practice last night and they are well used to the guitar merry go round, my singer’s statement summed it up for me: “that sounds f*****g epic!’ I can only agree. 

Couple of small changes will be happening because I’m a perpetual meddler. Darren is kindly adding his brand to the headstock, a guitar this good should promote its builder imo. I’ve a Lava guard on the way as it’s an excuse to try one. And I might just give one of those new tuffset bridges a go if I can find the pennies as my heavy handed approach massacred the stock bridge last night (no subtly or finesse me).

Anyway, the bit you’ve all be waiting for…photos: 

Isn’t it stunning!!
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27517
    Deserves to be seen in the thread ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    PinkJazz.jpg 947.5K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3207
    Thanks @TTony I can never make photos work on mobile. :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2528
    Nice one fella! I was eyeing this one up myself, but not being an offset guy I was holding back.. damn, damn, damn :) 
    Nice one fella! I was eyeing this one up myself, but not being an offset guy I was holding back.. damn, damn, damn :) 
    Thanks James. Got to be honest, this is the offset that would have won you over, plays better than the others I have had. Apologies if that seems smug! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3291
    tFB Trader
    This is probably the one guitar I'd have kept and I agree it sounds bloody epic, I owe all my new offset building direction to this guitar.

I'm just glad you like it as much as me and thanks for the nice comments, it means alot.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    This is probably the one guitar I'd have kept and I agree it sounds bloody epic, I owe all my new offset building direction to this guitar.

I'm just glad you like it as much as me and thanks for the nice comments, it means alot.
    For me, this is definitely the guitar that ends the offset hunt. It’s incredible.

What I really enjoyed last night was there were none of the usual sound foibles of a jazzmaster, despite that pristine top end it wasn’t excessive and every sound was useable. Just incredibly versatile. 
    edited March 4 tFB Trader

For me, this is definitely the guitar that ends the offset hunt. It’s incredible.

What I really enjoyed last night was there were none of the usual sound foibles of a jazzmaster, despite that pristine top end it wasn’t excessive and every sound was useable. Just incredibly versatile. 
    I thought the neck pickup is one of the best tones I've heard even after building everything and with dirt just what a sound it makes, I agree about versatile too, it's also inspiring for creating your own music.

I never had any offset references before and still don't really, i don't play mass made guitars I just build what I want or did until I sorted out models
    I only want to make.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 183
    Looks fabulous. Darren produces amazing quality instruments and deserves a lot of recognition for his work.
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2528
    Thanks James. Got to be honest, this is the offset that would have won you over, plays better than the others I have had. Apologies if that seems smug! 
    Not at all you b#r()*&d!! Definitely the right move getting the Daniels decal on it and a torty(?) guard. I watched the "Bursts!" vid last night on YouTube (Bob and Ramon Show) which echos everything you have said. Enjoy :+1: 

• skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 966
    It was a pleasure doing the trade with you and I’m glad you’re enjoying the guitar…it deserves to be played and gigged as it’s a fantastic instrument and the build quality is something else !…I’m just gutted it didn’t quite suit me and my vertically challenged self…everything felt a bit far away.

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    tFB Trader
    skaguitar said:
    It was a pleasure doing the trade with you and I’m glad you’re enjoying the guitar…it deserves to be played and gigged as it’s a fantastic instrument and the build quality is something else !…I’m just gutted it didn’t quite suit me and my vertically challenged self…everything felt a bit far away.

You need to try my pugilist, I was a LP player for years so I get that.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    edited March 4
    skaguitar said:

I’m going to have a look now !

edit: they look great…the solid colour ones with the firebird neck pick up !
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    tFB Trader
    skaguitar said:
    skaguitar said:

I'll be at Bristol and Brighton guitar shows if you fancy trying anything.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    skaguitar said:
    skaguitar said:

Could make a weekend of Brighton show :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    skaguitar said:
    skaguitar said:
    skaguitar said:

Could make a weekend of Brighton show :)
    If you play a LP you'll be pleasantly surprised and I don't like anything else now.

My HSS one was just the best for versatility.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3496
    edited March 4
    skaguitar said:
    skaguitar said:

Yeah that's my one!  

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/262064/ngd-daniels-guitars-pugilist#latest

In terms of measurements, the body is smaller than a Strat. 

@Teyeplayer I played your JM, it is fantastic.  The neck pickup sound is one of my favourite ever sounds on a guitar. 
    skaguitar said:
    skaguitar said:

Yeah that's my one!  

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/262064/ngd-daniels-guitars-pugilist#latest

@Teyeplayer I played your JM, it is fantastic.  The neck pickup sound is one of my favourite ever sounds on a guitar. 
    That’s the one ….looks great and size wise seems right up my street !

I love the switching too, so many practical options being able to jump in on the ‘rhythm’ circuit. 
    edited 10:34AM
    By way of update. Back from @Danielsguitars with the logo added to a perfectly aged headstock. Aged Lava guard is on, and beaten to f*** witchhats added. Tuffset bridge due tomorrow, so that’ll be this one ready for anything. Bloody wonderful guitar -thanks again Darren for building such a belter! 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 834
    That does not suck.