TheFretboard DIY Pedalboard Kits Gallery Thread

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7431
edited March 12 in FX
I thought it might be nice to have somewhere for folk to post about what they do with their kits - some folk are bound to do something more interesting than the basic. 

@digitalscream is there a B&Q part/item for the slats of wood that you used? 

ADMIN EDIT: If anybody hasn't got one but wants to get in on the fun, reservations are now open for batch #2:
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    As a starting point, here is @digitalscream’s demo board resplendent in theFretBoard colours, including matching screws:

Apparently the B&Q reference is in the instructions
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    IMG_5654.jpeg 900.3K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26626
    TimmyO said:
    I thought it might be nice to have somewhere for folk to post about what they do with their kits - some folk are bound to do something more interesting than the basic. 

Absolutely - it's here:

https://www.diy.com/departments/smooth-planed-square-edge-stripwood-l-2-4m-w-44mm-t-12mm/5059340109282_BQ.prd

The QR code in the package should take you to the build instructions (which also has the link):

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/262673/tfb-pedalboard-build-instructions

Thanks for posting this thread - very much looking forward to seeing what everybody does with them!
    <space for hire>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6877
    My son will build his over the Easter hols, so am looking forward to getting inspiration from this thread before he starts.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7431
    TimmyO said:

Absolutely - it's here:

https://www.diy.com/departments/smooth-planed-square-edge-stripwood-l-2-4m-w-44mm-t-12mm/5059340109282_BQ.prd

The QR code in the package should take you to the build instructions (which also has the link):

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/262673/tfb-pedalboard-build-instructions

Thanks for posting this thread - very much looking forward to seeing what everybody does with them!
    doh - would have just piggybacked that thread if I'd spotted it - sorry ! 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what people do... 
    Red ones are better. 
    @TimmyO - that thread's closed, because I wanted to keep it completely free of distracting discussions etc. I was intending to post one exactly like this for a gallery, but you kinda beat me to it (or saved me a job, depending on how you look at it :) ).
    <space for hire>
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
    edited March 12
    Picked up my kit at the Guitar Show and once the paint is dry I'll finish assembly and post pictures tomorrow...

Edit: got too excited and couldn't wait until tomorrow!!! Don't ask to see underneath, but the top made good use of those cans of car spray paint I'd been holding onto for an unknown reason! 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Will these be available to mortals?
    DiscoStu said:
    Yes :) I just need time to figure out the logistics.
    <space for hire>
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    DiscoStu said:
    Yes :) I just need time to figure out the logistics.
    Lovely
    @RevMatt - looking good, my man. Those screws look especially good, too!
    <space for hire>
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16716
    I think I will cut some hardwood slats when I get around to doing mine.   

A natural finished mahogany type wood should look pretty good.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 789
    RevMatt said:
    Picked up my kit at the Guitar Show and once the paint is dry I'll finish assembly and post pictures tomorrow...

Edit: got too excited and couldn't wait until tomorrow!!! Don't ask to see underneath, but the top made good use of those cans of car spray paint I'd been holding onto for an unknown reason! 

Imgur.com says the images do not exist 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Neilybob said:
    RevMatt said:

That’s an imgur problem. They display ok here
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    edited March 10
    Neilybob said:
    RevMatt said:

Looks like they're working ok today, but let me know if not and I'll re-load them.

In the meantime, here's how the board now looks - have to say that the cable tidy clips are a nice touch that really helps to keep the underneath in check!

edited March 12
    Nice, @RevMatt

EDIT: Couldn't you fit the channel switch in the bottom left? Might be a bit easier to get at. Shame you couldn't get your power supply underneath, but unfortunately I couldn't find a way to make more space under there without compromising the usability of the rest of it.

Here's the latest bit of work on mine...those of you who saw the rat's nest that was my cabling at the show might also remember that I was a bit embarrassed about it. So...I've ditched the daisy-chains and gone with a GigRig Distributor instead. Also made up a few power cables that are closer to being the right size.

Still a bit of a rat's nest, admittedly, but it's significantly better than it was. I could make it a lot neater, but I'm trying to get away without any cable ties.

Now I just need to figure out how to get another ZGP in there, because the Keeley Eccos is far more badly-behaved than the Flashbacks I'm used to.
    <space for hire>
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6392
    Roland said:
    Neilybob said:
    RevMatt said:

That’s an imgur problem. They display ok here
    Might be your problem as nobody else can see them ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10416
    edited March 12
    Deleted because didn't read thread title properly 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    @Danny1969 - nice work, but this thread's for the tFB Pedalboard Kits :)
    <space for hire>
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10416
    @Danny1969 - nice work, but this thread's for the tFB Pedalboard Kits :)
    Sorry, wasn't paying attention I will delete it 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    edited March 13
    Nice, @RevMatt

EDIT: Couldn't you fit the channel switch in the bottom left? Might be a bit easier to get at. Shame you couldn't get your power supply underneath
    Yes, I'll try that, the channel footswitch is the only bit I haven't fitted with velcro, just balanced there for now.

The 1 Spot power supply is a bit over engineered so huge and probably a challenge to fit under most boards.