Kurtis said:
    Sporky said:
    Kurtis said:
    Sporky said:
    Alpine
    I concur. I like mine a lot. 

Nice. 

What's under the dust cover? 
    If I remember correctly, a Mercedes Pagoda SL. Not mine - my A110 was in storage for a while. There was a Dodge Viper, a special edition Huracan, and a Spyker there too, among others. 
    Ah, very cool. I do like a viper. Don't know if I'd actually choose one right enough. 
    I like the one on the right :) 

A Mazda Viper!  Does it have a V10 in it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28239
    edited March 28
    It's got 40% of a V10. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11708
    Sporky said:
    It's got 40% of a V10. 
    But still with 8.4 litres?
    About 23% of that. 
    edited March 28
    Sporky said:
    About 23% of that. 
    I'm with our transatlantic cousins here Spork - there's no replacement for displacement :-)

* EDIT - the MX5 does look pretty cool I must say.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
    edited March 28
    Offset said:
    Sporky said:
    About 23% of that. 
    I'm with our transatlantic cousins here Spork - there's no replacement for displacement :-)

It doesnt get you around corners though, if our transatlantic cousins put more effort into handling than they do cubic inches they might actually produce something nice. Although you cant beat the growl of a muscle car going in a straight line.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Offset said:
    Sporky said:
    About 23% of that. 

Except there are actually many replacements and they all produce more power and don’t belong in agricultural machinery ;)
    dazzajl said:
    Offset said:
    Sporky said:
    About 23% of that. 

Except there are actually many replacements and they all produce more power and don’t belong in agricultural machinery ;)
    You haven't persuaded me
    If I ever had a few quid to spare, like a few 100k, and wanted a classic Fiat, it would have to be one of these, as a kid a guy not far fgrom me had a bright orange one, I always thought it was a bit awesome. While most kids where I grew up had celicas and twincam corollas this car really stood out from the norm.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27004
    I would never take a Viper over an MX5 unless I was allowed to immediately sell it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    dazzajl said:
    Offset said:
    Sporky said:
    About 23% of that. 

That's the other Lamborghini. The Viper engine was by the car one. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    robgilmo said:
    If I ever had a few quid to spare, like a few 100k, and wanted a classic Fiat, it would have to be one of these, as a kid a guy not far fgrom me had a bright orange one, I always thought it was a bit awesome. While most kids where I grew up had celicas and twincam corollas this car really stood out from the norm.

Looks like a Delta Integrale's ugly unborn twin
    robgilmo said:
    Offset said:
    Sporky said:
    About 23% of that. 

It doesnt get you around corners though, if our transatlantic cousins put more effort into handling than they do cubic inches they might actually produce something nice. Although you cant beat the growl of a muscle car going in a straight line.
    The newest Corvette is starting to get there with the handling (and looks )
    Dominic said:
    robgilmo said:

I know, isnt it beutiful?  =)
    The not so road version is even prettier.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Jaguar XJS (the coupe, not the convertible)

I know the E-Type is sexier and more highly regarded but I have a soft spot for the XJS coupe.
    Jeremiah said:
    Jaguar XJS (the coupe, not the convertible)

I know the E-Type is sexier and more highly regarded but I have a soft spot for the XJS coupe.
    The C Type was totally sexy but for me the SS100 was the absolute tits, 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    robgilmo said:
    Dominic said:
    robgilmo said:

There is a brutish charm but when you consider Piech and Bensinger already had their prototype Audi Quattro in 1977 and had full blown production completed and homologated by the start of 1980 ready for competition and on the road it looks decidedly primitive in comparison .Hell , the Bertone Lancia Stratos was winning from 1973 ......another Italian stable of the same or earlier era and looking 25 years more modern

Dominic said:
    robgilmo said:
    Dominic said:
    robgilmo said:

There is a brutish charm but when you consider Piech and Bensinger already had their prototype Audi Quattro in 1977 and had full blown production completed and homologated by the start of 1980 ready for competition and on the road it looks decidedly primitive in comparison .Hell , the Bertone Lancia Stratos was winning from 1973 ......another Italian stable of the same or earlier era and looking 25 years more modern

It was primitave though, no doubt about it, but it wasnt built to be stylish. A bog standard 131 isnt much to look at and even the Mirafiori wasnt much to look at, the Abarth though I think looks great taking into account what they started with.
    Im not a fan of the Stratos , to me it looks more akin to a kit car trying to be something else.
    The 131 Abarth was very competative on the rally scene though, and there just happens to be one for sale on the bay, I need to check my lottery numbers!

fiat 131 for sale | eBay
    i do like a Stratos but I agree it was a strange looking car in some ways..
    What you'd get if you crossed a Ferrari Dino with a TR7 and added a bit of flying Saucer