Jimmy Page Gibson EDS-1275

What's Hot

Comments

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 369
    edited March 14
    I was going to piss and moan about how you could get an original one for cheaper, but then I realised you couldn't...

Edit: Man, turns out that's not even the same guitar, Reverb is just showing me random doublenecked Gibson's despite searching on model number  :#
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 365
    I'd like to think that if I was a musician of Jimmy's stature I wouldn't allow my name to be used for any such bullshit.
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7089
    There’ll be an Epi version along in a few months for a wallet-friendly 5k, I’m sure.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 800
    Coming soon to a blues jam night near you… perfect for that rendition of Travelling Riverside Blues I suppose
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1977
    WYNIR0 said:
    I'd like to think that if I was a musician of Jimmy's stature I wouldn't allow my name to be used for any such bullshit.
    I doubt he much cares as long as somebody is throwing money at him. He's not touched a guitar in years but he keeps finding ways to sell the Led Zeppelin legacy. I suspect he's earned more from that legacy since Zeppelin disbanded than he ever did during their actual playing years. I did buy a MIM Dragoncaster about 3 or 4 years ago (still got it) but I'm not too fussed about the books of re-hashed stuff he pedals out every so often. I don't think the 1275 is particularly important in Zeppelin's history really. It was only used on a couple of songs. Still my favourite band though. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 369
    Coming soon to a blues jam night near you… perfect for that rendition of Travelling Riverside Blues I suppose
    It would be funny, at least. 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 365
    Devil#20 said:
    WYNIR0 said:
    I doubt he much cares as long as somebody is throwing money at him. He's not touched a guitar in years but he keeps finding ways to sell the Led Zeppelin legacy. I suspect he's earned more from that legacy since Zeppelin disbanded than he ever did during their actual playing years. I did buy a MIM Dragoncaster about 3 or 4 years ago (still got it) but I'm not too fussed about the books of re-hashed stuff he pedals out every so often. I don't think the 1275 is particularly important in Zeppelin's history really. It was only used on a couple of songs. Still my favourite band though. 
    Perhaps, but £47k for a guitar? Indefensible. 

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11945
    It'll just hang on someone's wall.  Absolutely bonkers.  Ah well, if you want to piss your cash down a drainpipe then that's your prerogative.
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited March 14
    I was lucky enough to see Jimmy play his original guitars at Earls Court twice in May 1975.
    It wouldn’t make me pay todays Rinsing the hell out of It Cash Cow Prices .
    His best sounding guitars were simple 6 & 12  Danelectro’s , Which still sound great today and can still be bought new for under £500 each.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 143
    Alternatively, you could buy 100 of these and still have change.

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited March 14

Yeah those sound pretty go to.
    A friend has one but its bloody heavy .
    This won’t give one a hernia or a bad back if a double is needed and sounds great.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/danelectro_db612_cb.htm

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14335
    edited March 15 tFB Trader
    Go back to 2004 and I recall a lawyer from London who phoned around all the major UK dealers trying to buy a #1 aged Tom Murphy LP - They were all sold to dealers immediately they were released - All dealers had sold their allocation to their customers - All guitars were sold, yet no one had received one

Only 25 made that were aged and signed  - something like 20K to buy
    only 150 made - aged not signed and something like 15K to buy 
    870 VOS - not signed nor TM aged - something like 8K - this was the most readily available model

This lawyer was just desperate to buy one - He left notes with various dealers, to tell their clients who had purchased one, he would pay above the selling price for them to drop out of the sale and he'd buy it instead - I don't know how it panned out - I only acquired an 8K version my buyer would not accept 9 or 10K for it on the basis he'd make 2k for doing nothing 

47K maybe silly money for most of us - But for some it is just another day in the office
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11945

It has a proper stoptail as well.
  • onlyatomonlyatom Frets: 31
    I do like that he played them all, and you get it signed and with the pick...but £47k looooooool
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1977
    onlyatom said:
    I do like that he played them all, and you get it signed and with the pick...but £47k looooooool
    When they say he played it I wonder what that means. They probably lined them all up and he just ran along the line with his arm out and twanged them all. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2513
    For an extra £5k he’ll come and play it in your front room, drink all your brandy then have a kip on your couch
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3040
    Yet another one, Gibson did this back in 2007, and Page himself ''played'' - at best I imagine he maybe played a chord or two on them if not less, and signed numbers 1 through 26, of a run that I think was limited to 200 guitars.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6719
    elstoof said:
    For an extra £5k he’ll come and play it in your front room, drink all your brandy then shag your daughter.
    Fixed that for you...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2331
    merlin said:
    elstoof said:
    For an extra £5k he’ll come and play it in your front room, drink all your brandy then shag your daughter.
    Fixed that for you...
    Christ on a bike hahaaahhahahahah. Dark!
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2331
    Page is probably one of the only standard guitar 'heroes' that I really enjoy and will actively listen to, more so because it's a band and the whole band were fantastic.

This is insane money. Quick calculation: £2,370,000 - wonder who gets what from that? 

It actually looks fantastic but I'd never want/use one. 

The worst part of this video is the cringe dad rockers of Gibson, (Cesar and Agnesi) who have no doubt never had a decent band in their life, being part of this rich boys club.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom