Mr Big @ Rock City on Tuesday

What's Hot
dariusdarius Frets: 632
Quite excited! Paul AND Billy. I mean, come on!
Who's going?
Why do I feel like I'm the only one....
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 636
    Think a couple of guys from my band are going (including my brother) - can't imagine there will be a shortage of punters =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I'm off to Manchester on Wednesday 
  • JonBJonB Frets: 6
    Nice one, at uni my (now) wife had a flat opposite Rock City, was a great year. I wanted to see Mr Big in Manchester but the date wasn't too good for me. On the plus side managed to get a mate who is seeing them in Manchester to also come with me to see in Liverpool with Living Colour.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22859
    I wouldn't have minded seeing them, but I'm never aware of upcoming gigs until it's too late.  I mean we've got Judas Priest, Saxon and Uriah Heep touring together right now and I really can't fathom why I didn't get a ticket.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    edited March 18
    darius said:
    Quite excited! Paul AND Billy. I mean, come on!
    Who's going?
    Why do I feel like I'm the only one....
    Because nobody wants “to be with youuuuuuu”
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZappleZapple Frets: 83
    Going to the Shepherds Bush gig on Saturday! Really looking forward to it.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    Who have they got on drums?
    Schnozz said:
    Who have they got on drums?
    Nick D'Virgilio
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1368
    Have tickets for the Belfast gig but it's not until July.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Philly_Q said:
    I wouldn't have minded seeing them, but I'm never aware of upcoming gigs until it's too late.  I mean we've got Judas Priest, Saxon and Uriah Heep touring together right now and I really can't fathom why I didn't get a ticket.
    Certainly Birmingham not sold out. I had contemplated it, reliving being 16, but clashes with MrsTheWeary’s birthday. Also slightly worried about how crap Biff and Rob might sound. 

I'm not much of a Mr Big fan but I do have a man crush on Paul Gilbert and I'm sure they put on a great show so enjoy it Darius. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Well that was great fun. 
    Eric Martin either had a really bad cold or his voice is shot to shit, he couldn’t talk let alone sing a note. But Rock City helped him out on every song. 
    Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan were absolutely on fire. They go together so well. God level Shred of the highest order. 
    I particularly liked Paul’s 3 piece suit and tie. 
    Mashed in some awesome covers and a DLR number and swapped instruments for one song. PG is also a sickeningly good drummer too!

Go see them if you can. Lean into it. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 231
    darius said:
    Eric Martin either had a really bad cold or his voice is shot to shit, he couldn’t talk let alone sing a note.
    I thought Ian Anderson and Phil Collins (I was at the last ever Genesis gig) were bad but Martin leaves them in the dust.
    Shockingly bad. Worse than the current Jon Bon Jovi. Truly awful.
    And emphasised on the penultimate song when Sheehan sang lead vocals a zillion times better. 

Nevertheless, went for Gilbert and he didn't disappoint - shred city, and had fun while doing so. Fabulous, as expected.
    Sheehan was also very impressive indeed.

We got a guitar solo spot, a bass solo spot, and a double necked bass - my mate said, "This is spinal tap". It was.

Excited to find that support was Jared James Nichols but, TBH, for me he didn't live up to the hype: Yet another Blues/Rock guitarist who didn't manage to catch my ear with anything special.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 20
    I didn't realise Eric Martin's voice was shot, I thought he was one of that generation who still sounded OK.  That's a shame.
    Philly_Q said:
    Certainly Birmingham not sold out. I had contemplated it, reliving being 16, but clashes with MrsTheWeary’s birthday. Also slightly worried about how crap Biff and Rob might sound. 
    There are some tickets left for the London show tomorrow.  Not very expensive either.  I'm still vaguely considering it, but I really hate Wembley Arena as a venue, every gig I've been to there has been pretty crap.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    Philly_Q said:
    I didn't realise Eric Martin's voice was shot, I thought he was one of that generation who still sounded OK.  That's a shame.
    Philly_Q said:
    There are some tickets left for the London show tomorrow.  Not very expensive either.  I'm still vaguely considering it, but I really hate Wembley Arena as a venue, every gig I've been to there has been pretty crap.
    I bought one yesterday. Be foolish to miss
    Reverend said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Hmmm.  Now you've got me thinking about it again.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    edited March 20
    Philly_Q said:
    Reverend said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Hmmm.  Now you've got me thinking about it again.
    @steveh nailed it. Go for Paul, Billy, guitar shred and spinal tap esque pub band fun. 
    Try to ignore the vocals. 
    I do think his voice is normally ok but it seems this tour schedule has done him in. They did cancel a couple shows in asia due to illness, and Id much rather they put on a show with dodgy vocals then cancel. 

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I don't think it's long since Eric Martin did a UK solo acoustic tour - that can't have been much fun if his voice is shot.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    Philly_Q said:
    It’s at Shepherd’s Bush Empire isn’t it? I had tickets but had to sell them a few weeks ago as I couldn’t make it. 
    StefB said:
    Philly_Q said:
    It’s at Shepherd’s Bush Empire isn’t it? I had tickets but had to sell them a few weeks ago as I couldn’t make it. 
    Wembley, but we may be talking at odds, I started waffling on about Judas Priest in a Mr Big thread....the Mr Big show may well be at Shepherd's Bush Empire, which is a venue I do like!
    Confirmed, Mr Big is Shepherd's Bush on Saturday 23 March.