Mr Big @ Rock City on Tuesday

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24276
    darius said:
    Loads of people. And from football, rugby, even Grand Prix with £300 tickets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Well the kebab can wait 
    that’s my motto. 
  • ZappleZapple Frets: 83
    Well the Empire gig was feckin awesome 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited March 23
    Went to Manchester gig - Eric was struggling for sure and gtr n bass solos seemed overly long n unstructured possibly to compensate - when Eric was able to sing freely his voice is lower but still quality but sadly it didn’t hold out . 

Overall a 7/10 max - saw Living Colour in Buckley late last year - they played for 1hr 45 mins n Corey was phenomenal - Mr Big will struggle following them on the latter part of this tour. . 

Jared James Nichols was, imho, mediocre at best - expected a blues gun slinger with great songs n it was quite tame n predictable n no fretboard fire at all … 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    edited March 24
    Saw them in 2009 when they played a single show at shepherds Bush - all of them simply awesome.  One of my fav gigs.

Watched them again when pat was ill and only playex for a couple of songs. Not quite the same, but other 3 still on form.

Saw videos from US from this Yr, and its just gone. Real shame.

Interestingly, saw Extreme this Yr too. In the past they were just note perfect too. This Yr music still fab, but vocals bit pitchy in quite a few places. 

All getting on a bit, and vocally the 80s rock is tough - even when bands are playing 1/2 or whole step down from the original. 

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited March 24
    newi123 said:
    Saw them in 2009 when they played a single show at shepherds Bush - all of them simply awesome.  One of my fav gigs.

Watched them again when pat was ill and only young for a couple of songs. Not quite the same, but other 3 still on form.

Saw videos fro. US from this Yr, and its just gone. Real shame.

Interestingly, saw Extreme this Yr too. In the past they were just note perfect too. This Yr music still fab, but vocals bit pitchy in quite a few places. 

All getting on a bit, and vocally the 80s rock is tough - even when bands are playing 1/2 or whole step down from the original. 

Totally agree ^ and some mates were at the London gig last night and said the atmosphere and support was incredible for Eric Martin, but the footage I saw showed he wasn't able to hit the notes anymore. It's a real shame, but fair play to them for having a backup plan/additional singer.

'Green-tinted sixties mind' - what a song!!!!

Coverdale's the same. I also saw Extreme in Dec'23 and Gary Cherone wasn't the same

The 80s vocalists that have impressed me and still have it are Tommy Shaw (Styx), Arnel of Journey is doing ok but Deen Castronovo (drummer of Journey), is incredible and sounds like Steve Perry. Danny Vaughan of Tyketto and one time member of The Illegal Eagles is very good. However, the one who's really consistent and still hasn't lost it is Steve Overland of FM. That material/genre is a hard gig for any vocalist, let alone when they're 50+
  • rockinmarkrockinmark Frets: 20
    I went to the Steel Mill show. Loved it! Vocals sounded great with the Whitesnake guy sharing the load plus backing vocals from the other 3. Really enjoyed Jared James Nichols too- great cover of War Pigs. Top night out. I reckon Steel Mill is a cracking venue, sound has always been good for the shows I’ve been at.