Persian rugs?

What's Hot

Comments

• dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 571
    For practice spaces or home it soaks up the sound a bit and deadens a little as well as stopping bass drum moving.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    I have a small rug I use for outdoor gigs, where dust and gravel destroys pedal switches. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    Are there Harley Benton rugs? 
    IKEA sell them.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    To stop the bass drum from creeping forwards?
    that was my early recollections for having a rug on the floor
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1852
    Roland said:
    IKEA sell them.
    Expensive then?
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4526
    The other thing that hasn't been mentioned is that you can route cables under them and avoid trip hazards.

Usually plenty of cheap rugs on FB Marketplace.  No point in spending lots of money on something that's just going to get beer spilt on it.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• marxskimarxski Frets: 250
    There used to be a seller on eBay some years ago that used to import used rugs from the Middle East and sold for very reasonable prices depending on condition. It’s annoying because it appears they are no longer around. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28228
    They're wigs for self-conscious stages. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7238
    Anybody who has done a job where you stand very much in the same place for lengthy periods will know why anti-fatigue mats are used.  In engineering and production environments where swarf, oil or other liquids will be falling or spilling onto the floor, duck-boards were placed.  They were just a raised wooden trellis platform like those low "pallets" used in public showers to step out onto, and sometimes they would have a little bit of bounce, but you still get pressure on your feet, legs, back and neck from standing on something hard for lengthy periods.  You have hard plastic grids now used as duckboards, primarily to keep your feet off wet floors and provide grip, but better ones are made from rubber to provide a bit of bounce.  A purpose made rubber anti-fatigue mat is a lot better, and there are ones that are of a honeycomb cellular design or heavily ribbed to make them non-slip in wet or oily environments.  It's amazing how even a tiny little bit of "bounce" can make a huge difference as opposed to a hard floor, like the difference between cheap hard insoles in work boots and foam or gel insoles inserted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3455
    marxski said:
    There used to be a seller on eBay some years ago that used to import used rugs from the Middle East and sold for very reasonable prices depending on condition. It’s annoying because it appears they are no longer around. 
    I remember him, he is still there , he just changes his name/account every now and then, if its the same person I am thinking of.

If you want Persion rugs look on saleroom.com, snap a photo, go to the group 'whats my rug' on FB, varify the rug, have a cheeky bid or two. So long as its not some rare antique gem or very high end rug you can usually get a bargain.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    Two workshops ago I had a solid concrete floor, and that was horrible, even with comfy trainers. Some foamy anti-fatique mats mostly solved that. The next one had a wooden floor and was better, and the current one is Plasflor tiles on latex on concrete and is fine.

I wonder if it's less about the hardness itself, and more that a softer floor require you to make lots of micro-adjustments. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    Make sure that you get a genuine Persian rug. I believe that there are many Chugs out there. 
    If you change the tassels, etc etc. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    edited March 23
    Surely large platform shoes are better as they go with you all over the stage!

These ones also have the latest St George’s flag colours ;)

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.jpeg 34.6K
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JJ72JJ72 Frets: 57
    Wonder how long before our friend from Essex has a 'as stood on by.....'  Persian rug for sale for £40k?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 642
    It's amazing any music was produced before 2011.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    On stage, Sir Elton cuts a rug. He's a toupée dancer.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3455
    Punks used kitchen lino and hipsters apparantly like to use grey oak laminate.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 257
    motorhead said:
    This is a rig rundown on Premier Guitar for Julian Lage and there’s no mention of the rug. We may have at last found the secret tone sauce…
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnWYUC5p18